Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lackluster is indeed the right word. Oh well, I never cared much for Xmas anyway.

Partying Reveler

I think 2010 was the last year Gaia really gave a damn about events. 11' and 12' were both mediocre at best .

Didn't Gaia release a new years item last year ? The Glittering Carouser and Sparkly Reveler .
I was not into the christmas event at all, but in all truth I wouldn't have any interest in participating in a New Years event on Gaia, I would want to be partying in real life!

Beloved Nerd

Lafosse
I was not into the christmas event at all, but in all truth I wouldn't have any interest in participating in a New Years event on Gaia, I would want to be partying in real life!

Maybe that's what all the admins were doing lol
It would've been nice to have a "happy new year guys!" announcement though.
Maybe with a little background item that says "I SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE"

Beloved Nerd

Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I think that's what has me confused the most, how little the manga had to do with anything. Is Nyx causing the apocalypse? are we trying to prevent his rise to power? If the tree doesn't get enough stars will the world actually end? I just don't know man

This is EXACTLY how I felt lol
How dare they link the manga to the Christmas event. It'll just confused a lot of people (and it seems like it has).
Seriously, I don't..I just...
GAIA, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
IS the manga supposed to be related to the Christmas event? It really doesn't seem like it, but then randomly there's a link to the manga on the event page.

So confusing = /

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

You have to remember that they have been emphasizing completing the entire overhaul of the Towns feature as quickly as possible so you have resources that have not been exactly there unless needed in an emergency. This year marks Gaia's tenth anniversary, so I am expecting something big to accompany that as well, meaning you have more focus on the anniversary than in previous years. Gaia only has so many people working on a million different areas, so certain things will lack a bit of meat until the bigger undertakings no longer need whole teams working on those things for months on end.

Better explanation of the event and its tie-in with the manga would definitely have been wonderful, but my assumption is that there were some issues with communication between teams that made it so (not really an excuse at all as this has been an issue with Gaia for years).

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Shade

You know, the most lauded and beloved events that even had people competing against each other had one thing about them that everyone loved.

The roleplaying.

The past entire year, all of the events have been utterly atrocious because all it is is "GET ENERGY, ATTACK PEOPLE, SPAM THE LIVING s**t OUT OF THREADS FOR ENERGY GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!"

No, I'm telling you, Gaia needs to stop doing the forum attacking events and take a good long look at their most popular events, and analyze what made them so popular.

We said we wanted some competition between players, we didn't mean to the point where anything past clicking buttons for hours on end is virtually impossible.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
We? I hate competition between players outside of the Olympics.

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

•○♣☼♣○•

Perhaps because people were away for New Year so it wasn't a big deal?

I did think at the least they would have a standard announcement with perhaps a item grant to celebrate 2013

•○♣☼♣○•

Shade

It was widely known that people loved the competitive nature of events like Demonbuster, or the Vampire War kind of deal.

Clearly it seems to have been a classic case of "you got what you wished for" syndrome. Monkey's paw.

Buggy Mage

Im just glad we got a nice Spirited set this year. New Years would have been cool though. 3nodding

Gracious Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
i bored quickly with the event...enough said

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Azavezel
It was widely known that people loved the competitive nature of events like Demonbuster, or the Vampire War kind of deal.

Clearly it seems to have been a classic case of "you got what you wished for" syndrome. Monkey's paw.

Some people like it. It's certainly not universal.

Demonbusters was one of my least favorite events ever, period >.>

Shade

Lazarus Larkin
Azavezel

Some people like it. It's certainly not universal.

Demonbusters was one of my least favorite events ever, period >.>

I never said universal, only that it was a widely spread opinion that clearly got Gaia's attention. Too much of it in fact.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff