Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Ghost

SaikoTaiko
the hidden ghost
Wasn't the Champagne Festive items in H&R Wesley's our gold shop update for New Years one year?

I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't anything this year, too. Even if it was just one item. I could have sworn we've had stuff in previous years.

I think it was. I was going to include it to my 2nd post but was lazy since it was a lot of items and...Could've sworn there were more freebie/CS items..

Found the announcement that came with that update. They weren't actually released until nearly two weeks after New Years, despite the items being very New Years appropriate. So maybe we just have to wait a bit longer.

Beloved Nerd

the hidden ghost
SaikoTaiko
the hidden ghost
Wasn't the Champagne Festive items in H&R Wesley's our gold shop update for New Years one year?

I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't anything this year, too. Even if it was just one item. I could have sworn we've had stuff in previous years.

I think it was. I was going to include it to my 2nd post but was lazy since it was a lot of items and...Could've sworn there were more freebie/CS items..

Found the announcement that came with that update. They weren't actually released until nearly two weeks after New Years, despite the items being very New Years appropriate. So maybe we just have to wait a bit longer.

Could've sworn they were released earlier but..That makes no sense Gaia, no sense at all.
Those would've been appropriate for Christmas, too.

Kawaii Carnivore

Well , the event was basically a cheap Halloween -event knock-off. Not worth the items or the time spent for it.
And yes , it seems like they forgot about the civil New Year . Maybe they 'll do something in spring since it ' s the renewal of nature, blahblah ...
I don 't know.But yeah, it was a pretty quiet holiday season.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
...I feel like the Xmas event is... Not adding up cat_confused ...I believe it was Uncle Kenny made the event sound so different in one of his journal posts that I genuinely suspect something is wrong with the event, especially if you consider the times that the event mysteriously deactivated and the sudden reactivation of caroling in the shops cat_rolleyes

And, yes, I feel the civil New Years was grossly overlooked, especially when compared to years past cat_sad

All and all, the Star on our tree hasn't hit 100 yet, so perhaps it never will, and the Apocalypmas event will never be fulfilled... Oh well... So, what's next... Oh ja... Easter... When Gaia believes tediousness = fun... cat_stare

Saint Sweetheart

nah the event was tedious. I got up to the dress, caroled, and then stopped. I want the achievements but not enough to sit here for a few hours.

wasn't expecting anything for the New Year cause lets be serious, having expectations of Gaia is silly. :v

Magic Hobo

There should be a year of the snake themed bundle coming out soon if past years are any indication (they aren't necessarily) but Gaia has never really made a big deal out of New Year's.

... Christmas could have been explained better, I think is mostly it. I'm just so confused as to how breaking or redeeming ornaments has anything to do with the apocalypse or apocalypse prevention. Like, did Santa or Edmund set something up to counteract Nyx? If so what the ******** how? Are we just [******** around with this tree and ornaments for no particular reason? What does it have to do with *anything*?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
There should be a year of the snake themed bundle coming out soon if past years are any indication (they aren't necessarily) but Gaia has never really made a big deal out of New Year's.

... Christmas could have been explained better, I think is mostly it. I'm just so confused as to how breaking or redeeming ornaments has anything to do with the apocalypse or apocalypse prevention. Like, did Santa or Edmund set something up to counteract Nyx? If so what the ******** how? Are we just [******** around with this tree and ornaments for no particular reason? What does it have to do with *anything*?

I didn't understand the premise of the event either until I read the "how to" guide in the event forum

apparently we're helping with saving Christmas by "creating threads, donating items, Caroling and giving gifts to fellow Gaians!"

Quote:
Do what you can to keep positive energy flowing and the spirit alive. Once the world has received as much as it can take a new star is born to help keep the world safe. (represented by the number in the star on top of the tree) ...and who knows, if enough are born even the universe may have to stop and take heed.

I didn't find this out myself until days after i finished the event ;D

so we've birthed 87 stars so far...and i guess....they're supposed to...help keep the world...safe.

getting the universe to "stop and take heed" probably = like a panel or two in the manga mentioning the efforts of gaians to keep chaos away. burning_eyes

there definitely does not really seem to be a clear overarching goal for the event though, aside from the vague-ish idea that making the counter on the tree go up is probably important...for some reason

Magic Hobo

Existential Existence
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I didn't understand the premise of the event either until I read the "how to" guide in the event forum

apparently we're helping with saving Christmas by "creating threads, donating items, Caroling and giving gifts to fellow Gaians!"

Quote:
Do what you can to keep positive energy flowing and the spirit alive. Once the world has received as much as it can take a new star is born to help keep the world safe. (represented by the number in the star on top of the tree) ...and who knows, if enough are born even the universe may have to stop and take heed.

so we've birthed 87 stars so far...and i guess....they're supposed to...help keep the world...safe.

getting the universe to "stop and take heed" probably = like a panel or two in the manga mentioning the efforts of gaians to keep chaos away. burning_eyes

there definitely does not really seem to be a clear overarching goal for the event though, aside from the vague-ish idea that making the counter on the tree go up is probably important...for some reason

Well I guess that explains why the event has us doing things, but I'm still confused as hell. I wish that explanation had been, like, on the event landing page.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Existential Existence
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Quote:

Well I guess that explains why the event has us doing things, but I'm still confused as hell. I wish that explanation had been, like, on the event landing page.

yeah man yeah. maybe a little pop up caption next to the tree would've helped people figure out what the point was.

i don't even really understand myself what the manga has to do with the event.

if there's like, no relation, instead of writing "Read the story behind Apocalypsmas." they should've wrote something like "read some new manga". someone in sf brought up that complaint too...like, what the heck did the manga have to do with the event? I'm still sort of unsure if the manga had anything to do with apocalypsmas lol

Magic Hobo

Existential Existence
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Existential Existence
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Quote:

yeah man yeah. maybe a little pop up caption next to the tree would've helped people figure out what the point was.

i don't even really understand myself what the manga has to do with the event.

if there's like, no relation, instead of writing "Read the story behind Apocalypsmas." they should've wrote something like "read some new manga". someone in sf brought up that complaint too...like, what the heck did the manga have to do with the event? I'm still sort of unsure if the manga had anything to do with apocalypsmas lol

I think that's what has me confused the most, how little the manga had to do with anything. Is Nyx causing the apocalypse? are we trying to prevent his rise to power? If the tree doesn't get enough stars will the world actually end? I just don't know man

Anxious Werewolf

I was determined to get the achievements since I missed so many events last year...

Someone's guide really helped, as gifting lifted your energy by 100 every time...I thought, awww that's so cute, that should really get people into the holiday spirit...then I realized it's just quicker gifting garbage to my mule...

All in all, I'm a bit sad because A) It wasn't explained well B) Too much hype for what it ended up being C) There hasn't been an end to it yet D) The way the event was set up, the forum just ended up being an energy bumping orgy...

Something for new years would be nice but I think I was more concerned about what the hell was going on for christmas

Tiny Pumpkin

I was disappointed. It was here and gone before I knew it. and I agree about New Years, last year we got the lovely Celebratory Pair bundle. I was waiting but it never happened. sad

Smooth Gunner

11,950 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
I was a bit surprised to see no 'Happy New Year' annoucement or anything like that.

I was a bit disappointet that we didn't really get a... final grant/item from the event on the christmas day / new year :/

Oh well.
Maybe we get a last item on the end of the event.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
cat_neutral I've been disappointed for awhile. I guess seeing as I've been in alot of the events I have high hopes but they get worse each year I semi enjoyed olympics but still the last event was Christmas with the ghosts I enjoyed. Idk maybe Gaia really thought the world would end on the 21st.

Tipsy Warrior

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
this even didnt really feel like an event...

i mean the hype and the count down was awesome but after that i really completely forgot about. even with the banner and bomb thing.

i dont really get the event and how it is all connected.

really they did a pretty poor job with it this year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff