Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Nerd

Did I miss a thread or something or..Did Gaia completely forget about New Years? Unless I'm mistaken, I recall Gaia releasing New Years related items every year in the CS..Or in the gold shops if anything...
This year, notta. Nothing. Not a mini-forum event or at least an item or anything..
What happened, Gaia?

Were any of you guys anticipating something New Years related as well?
I'm surprised Gaia didn't...do anything..Maybe they surely believed that the world would end on the 21st so they didn't plan ahead...?

Speaking of which, I completely thought that this Christmas/Acopalypmas was a mini-event and that the real Christmas event would start after the 21st but..I'm not even sure what the event was about...Posting in forums to get "energy" to blow up parts of a tree or something? (I just read the event "how to" by Narumi and..Apparently that grey thing on the event page is an ornament, not a bomb lol )
I completely didn't participate...Sorely disappointed.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
You know what, I also thought that Gaia released new year items. But it turns out they have never done that. The items you're thinking of came from chinese new year or Gaia new year.

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

As you cry, I wanna lie

The event was so meh this year.
I didn't even realize anything was going on at all. No drama like with Halloween, I didn't bother to try and "destroy" the ornaments or whatever. It was so boring and after the world never ended its kind of a boring concept now.

Say I love you so, Darlin' even though I dont

Beloved Nerd

dreamsk
You know what, I also thought that Gaia released new year items. But it turns out they have never done that. The items you're thinking of came from chinese new year or Gaia new year.

You've got to be kidding me.
Gaia Gaia Party Time! along with a male version (can't find it) was released as a CS item two years back or so..

Trying to find more items (I swear there's more) but I'll update this post..

Beloved Nerd

Sir Twitty
As you cry, I wanna lie

I didn't even realize anything was going on at all. No drama like with Halloween, I didn't bother to try and "destroy" the ornaments or whatever. It was so boring and after the world never ended its kind of a boring concept now.

Yeah, that's what I felt..I'm surprised that no one is bitchbawwwling about it either, so I decided to make this thread. Seriously, it was so...Bleh. What is the use of participating in this event...Just for the items I guess? There's nothing to even go on with. Why does...What, if we put ornaments on the tree by chargin' them up by talking with people or gifting them...It'll scare the villain in the manga (forgot his name..Bandit? Gambit?) away?

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

SaikoTaiko
Sir Twitty
As you cry, I wanna lie

Yeah, that's what I felt..I'm surprised that no one is bitchbawwwling about it either, so I decided to make this thread. Seriously, it was so...Bleh. What is the use of participating in this event...Just for the items I guess? There's nothing to even go on with. Why does...What, if we put ornaments on the tree by chargin' them up by talking with people or gifting them...It'll scare the villain in the manga (forgot his name..Bandit? Gambit?) away?

You are the navigator who never could lead,we were lost in the silver sea

Last year we got to hunt ornaments from the Mod pages, and they had the huge housing update that made everyone happy. Gaia is kinda like in between the exciting things right now I feel like. They put so much into Halloween and now there are all hurp-durp no more creativity. I saw maybe 2 item threads, nothing else. GCD didnt get all hot and bothered

I was the ship who was too proud to ever sink.

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
-----------------------------------------------------

They did release Sparkling Reveler and Glittering Carouser for New Years either last year or the year before...
But I am disappoint there was nothing this year. ; ~ ;
And the Christmas event was pretty "meh", too... The only part I'm really enjoying so far is Sisky's giveaway thread.

-----------------------------------------------------

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

Gaia Gaia Party Time! along with a male version (can't find it) was released as a CS item two years back or so..

As you cry, I wanna lie

(the guy version is in that item)

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

lol Are you sure that wasn't for the Gaia anniversary?

I made a similar topic a year or two ago about no items for new years, and realized that my party fireworks items came from the Gaia anniversary 5 years ago. sweatdrop

Beloved Nerd

dreamsk
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

I made a similar topic a year or two ago about no items for new years, and realized that my party fireworks items came from the Gaia anniversary 5 years ago. sweatdrop

The description for that item should be something along the lines of "akemashite omedetou gozaimasu" which means "happy new year" in Japanese.

Beloved Nerd

Sir Twitty
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

As you cry, I wanna lie

Derp, I realized that after I posted XD Too lazy to edit.
But it would've been nice if Gaia had wished us a happy new year or something..You know?
Item or not.

Invisible Ghost

Wasn't the Champagne Festive items in H&R Wesley's our gold shop update for New Years one year?

I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't anything this year, too. Even if it was just one item. I could have sworn we've had stuff in previous years.

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

SaikoTaiko
Sir Twitty
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

As you cry, I wanna lie

Derp, I realized that after I posted XD Too lazy to edit.
But it would've been nice if Gaia had wished us a happy new year or something..You know?
Item or not.

As you cry, I wanna lie

I guess, but in the world of Gaia, the IRL new year isnt a thing. The Gaiaversary of the site is its "new year" ;p

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk
SaikoTaiko
dreamsk

The description for that item should be something along the lines of "akemashite omedetou gozaimasu" which means "happy new year" in Japanese.
Are you sure it didn't refer to the lunar calendar again? I suppose for those two CS items, there hasn't been any freebs for new years.

I would like an item thats granted to anyone on new years that doesn't have any bottom items equipped. lol

Beloved Nerd

the hidden ghost
Wasn't the Champagne Festive items in H&R Wesley's our gold shop update for New Years one year?

I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't anything this year, too. Even if it was just one item. I could have sworn we've had stuff in previous years.

I think it was. I was going to include it to my 2nd post but was lazy since it was a lot of items and...Could've sworn there were more freebie/CS items..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff