Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

The Drunken Jester
AcapeIla
Wow I actually remember sending 10$ bills through the mail back then waiting and praying in a god that I don't believe in that no one stole it from me.

I never thought someone would steal it. But I remember the three to five days it took to get there seemed like an eternity.

Mine actually took a whole month .n . I even wrote letters with each Mail Delivery I did just incase something did happen.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
`Silleh
OR
Sending in your money in an envelope and thinking,
"HOLY POOP I HOPE SOMEONE DIDN'T POCKET MY $5!"
Or is that just me, and me being old as ******** and still on Gaia crying
Oh geez speaking of old things, that reminds me of the fanmail section that Gaia used to have, and I was so determined to send some fanmail some day to get featured....but then quoth the admins "nevermore."

If I didn't hate telephones so much I probably would have seriously considered paying that way when I was younger.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Never used my phone or even pay by mail. Always was nervous about hidden fees or the mail getting lost in a pile. sweatdrop I'm very paranoid like that.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Completely forgot about being able to buy cash over phone until this announcement. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought Gaia cash in general.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I'm surprised at how many people apparently sent cash! I'd be way more likely to send a check through the mail than cash -- but I always used paypal back in the day.

Oooh anyone remember how you had to donate 2.50 at a time because you just got one letter per donation? rofl (I believe if you mailed in your donation you could specify how many you wanted.)

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
God I remember that!

You sent $5? I sent exactly $2.50 emotion_awesome

Dapper Ladykiller

★★★★ I remember sending $5 in cash because I was like 15 and didn't have a debit card and there's noooo way my parents would let me use their card to get pixel items online lol.

I used to draw on the envelopes because sometimes they would post scans of people's artwork, but they never posted mine. crying

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
No one will ever convince me you told a lie.

I've never used the pay by mail or phone way. I was lucky that my grandmother set me up with a bank account when I was in high school. I always used the pay by card option. I'd be way to paranoid about sending money through the mail. xd

Moriarty was REAL!

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Ridley Starsmore
I used that option when it was available. Just added to the phone bill. And with me living in the boonies, I have to have a land line just to have Internet.

Huzza for not being the only one who still has a landline for this reason. Also for the fact when we get the odd hurricane down here, and you don't have power for a week you can't charge anything it's nice to still be able to use the phone.

(older phones draw their power from underground phone lines, so they work even without power)

Though I always just buy cards for my GC, though I did use to use a conversion method back when you could go through our amazon accounts, I miss that, I use to use some of my school money that way. Hee. >.>

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
VKiera
Ridley Starsmore
I used that option when it was available. Just added to the phone bill. And with me living in the boonies, I have to have a land line just to have Internet.

Huzza for not being the only one who still has a landline for this reason. Also for the fact when we get the odd hurricane down here, and you don't have power for a week you can't charge anything it's nice to still be able to use the phone.

(older phones draw their power from underground phone lines, so they work even without power)

Though I always just buy cards for my GC, though I did use to use a conversion method back when you could go through our amazon accounts, I miss that, I use to use some of my school money that way. Hee. >.>

We have a cordless phone here, but there's an old corded one in a drawer in the den just in case the power goes out. Definitely useful to have.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Lazarus Larkin
VKiera
Ridley Starsmore

We have a cordless phone here, but there's an old corded one in a drawer in the den just in case the power goes out. Definitely useful to have.

We do as well, or well it's actually an old rotary phone, you know like in all the old movies from the 30s and 40s? XD I love that phone, its so cool looking. Too bad it's cream and not black, then it'd be more stylish.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

Zzyli
Esdella Vie

Lol, glad to meet someone else who doesn't like cell phones. I thought the mail in option was still available, just as long as you didn't send in.... gosh, either it was money orders or checks. Either way, I used to send a little cash every now and then, back in the day. Even though they said they don't take coins, someone (my memory is fuzzy here) said they ended up counting change out of the envelopes. XD

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I despise mobile phones too. I technically have one, but it spends probably 60% of the time either in the bottom of my handbag buried in my wardrobe, flat in the bottom of my handbag in the wardrobe, and another 20% of the time on the charger & I forget to take it off & with me when I leave the house. I used to not mind it quite so much, especially when I was dating, but now that my husband & I are in the same house, I don't have a need to send him texts to plan dates 4laugh . I have a home phone & it doesn't exactly get extreme workouts either. xd

Being Australian, even if the home phone purchasing method technically worked, I have a feeling the cost of the international calls would make it prohibitively expensive. The times that I've bought GC, I've just used Paypal. Paypal is a beautiful thing.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

XD Yes, yes it is. emotion_hug I had a cell phone for a very short time. I found out very quickly that I was too forgetful to bother to keep one.

Wheezing Wench

I've used paypal since the dawn of time to be honest.

Friendly Consumer

24,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I used the phone option, but they ended up having constant issues after 07, where there help line would link to a hotel, or try to act like it wanted to connect. For some reason they are pushing the credit card crap to much, since many can not afford one nor can afford the debit cards, especially ones that are teens or ones in school.

Original Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
I remember my dad wouldn't let me mail money like that, so I gave me friend some so we could get MCs ( Donation letters at the time) First one I got was a coco kitty.

When they came out with the gift cards that you could buy, my father would always but me some around the holidays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff