Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
Hi-Potion
umm no i havent had a home phone since before i joined Gaia...

I DID send it over mail a few times

That's pretty special! What did you do? Just chuck five bucks in an envelope?!

I knew it was an option at one point, but I'm Australian and I really cbs to figure out the exchange rate. I let paypal do it for me.

Paypal and I have a symbiotic relationship.

Tipsy Man-Lover

Way back in 2k5 I sent in money via snail mail.
I never got featured on, um...., that thing with the drawings.
EDIT: Going Postal I think it was called.
But I did always send a doodle along.

Blessed Soldier

14,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Just like a few other people, I'm wondering who actually is angry about this because they still have a land line...

Kawaii Nerd

VVhip
Hi-Potion
umm no i havent had a home phone since before i joined Gaia...

I DID send it over mail a few times

That's pretty special! What did you do? Just chuck five bucks in an envelope?!

I knew it was an option at one point, but I'm Australian and I really cbs to figure out the exchange rate. I let paypal do it for me.

Paypal and I have a symbiotic relationship.
I gave my grandpa money, he wrote a check to Gaia xD

I didnt have a bank account until I was... 16?

Sparkly Gawker

>_>
I still have a home phone, I just never relied on the method to get my cash. I feel bad for anyone who did have to use it, though.

Dangerous Fairy

20,550 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
I still have my landline. Refuse to give it up as it is really the only line I have in case of emergencies. I don't like cell phones. Have used hubby's a few times to talk to someone, but basically I feel really uncomfortable with it... so no, I won't use a cell phone.

WOULD like to have the mail-in option back in cases where I can't buy Cash Cards.

Sparkly Gawker

Nyadriel
I still have my landline. Refuse to give it up as it is really the only line I have in case of emergencies. I don't like cell phones. Have used hubby's a few times to talk to someone, but basically I feel really uncomfortable with it... so no, I won't use a cell phone.

WOULD like to have the mail-in option back in cases where I can't buy Cash Cards.

Lol, glad to meet someone else who doesn't like cell phones. I thought the mail in option was still available, just as long as you didn't send in.... gosh, either it was money orders or checks. Either way, I used to send a little cash every now and then, back in the day. Even though they said they don't take coins, someone (my memory is fuzzy here) said they ended up counting change out of the envelopes. XD

Loyal Hero

24,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I used that option when it was available. Just added to the phone bill. And with me living in the boonies, I have to have a land line just to have Internet.

Dangerous Fairy

20,550 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Esdella Vie
Nyadriel

Lol, glad to meet someone else who doesn't like cell phones. I thought the mail in option was still available, just as long as you didn't send in.... gosh, either it was money orders or checks. Either way, I used to send a little cash every now and then, back in the day. Even though they said they don't take coins, someone (my memory is fuzzy here) said they ended up counting change out of the envelopes. XD

Might be okay when sending a few bucks. But not when sending hundreds. talk2hand

Kawaii Cat

14,750 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I've never used home phone for getting gaia cash, simply because I'm not from States, so it wasn't available. But I used to send money in envelope, because when i joined that was only option I could use. It took up to 3 weeks to get cash... Later I stopped using it due personal and financial reasons and later I could get GC via cell phone.

Greedy Capitalist

12,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I live in the UK and didn't have paypal back in the day (2004), so I would always send in cash through airmail, since that was pretty much the only way without paypal or card, I was always paranoid that someone might pocket it lol I never sent in more than $5 or $10.
I use the mobile payment now.

I didn't actually know you could pay with home phone (but I might have ignored it if it was US only)

Rainbow Lunatic

23,700 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Elysium's Hero 300
Esdella Vie

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I despise mobile phones too. I technically have one, but it spends probably 60% of the time either in the bottom of my handbag buried in my wardrobe, flat in the bottom of my handbag in the wardrobe, and another 20% of the time on the charger & I forget to take it off & with me when I leave the house. I used to not mind it quite so much, especially when I was dating, but now that my husband & I are in the same house, I don't have a need to send him texts to plan dates 4laugh . I have a home phone & it doesn't exactly get extreme workouts either. xd

Being Australian, even if the home phone purchasing method technically worked, I have a feeling the cost of the international calls would make it prohibitively expensive. The times that I've bought GC, I've just used Paypal. Paypal is a beautiful thing.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Fashionable Lunatic

Wow I actually remember sending 10$ bills through the mail back then waiting and praying in a god that I don't believe in that no one stole it from me.

Tipsy Man-Lover

AcapeIla
Wow I actually remember sending 10$ bills through the mail back then waiting and praying in a god that I don't believe in that no one stole it from me.

I never thought someone would steal it. But I remember the three to five days it took to get there seemed like an eternity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games