I'm poor so it doesn't really matter. 0.2463768115942 24.6% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 138 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
So I noticed that it has indeed been half a year since we last had a real evolving item (Modus Operandi) and of course even longer since a new one was introduced. This isn't normal, is it? It just seems longer than usual, though maybe this is just the first time I've payed attention. Idk.

I just think it's about time they got a new, big, and shiny evolving item.

Angelic Nitemare

I wish, man.

But they have already said that it's just not profitable for them to make them. Hope you like REIs, cause that's what we are getting.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Its all a conspiracy.
There never were EI's... its just always been prolonged REI's.

< _ >

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

But they have already said that it's just not profitable for them to make them. Hope you like REIs, cause that's what we are getting.

Wait, seriously? How did I not hear about this. Well that sucks. Ah well. I guess I'll just go ahead and get the new one instead of saving up for an EI that isn't going to happen.

Original Borg

11,300 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

Could you elaborate a bit more?
I've been absent from Gaia for some times. What are the differences between REIs and EIs?
And what's not profitable about them? D:

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
hydr0ph0en1x
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

Wait, seriously? How did I not hear about this. Well that sucks. Ah well. I guess I'll just go ahead and get the new one instead of saving up for an EI that isn't going to happen.
User Image
Yeah, I believe we were told that they were phasing out regular EIs like two years ago.
I can't remember where exactly a dev said that, but it was most likely in one of the ATAs.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
They've been saying for ages now that they're phasing out evolving items completely and indefinitely in lieu of RIGs and the measly number of REIs we've been getting for a while now. It's dumb and makes me a little less willing to spend cash on the site, but them's the breaks.

Rare

eis have been dead/dying for a few years now. I wouldn't be surprised if Modus is the last EI we get.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Milk Kittea
hydr0ph0en1x
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

User Image
Yeah, I believe we were told that they were phasing out regular EIs like two years ago.
I can't remember where exactly a dev said that, but it was most likely in one of the ATAs.
Yup, Lanzer said pretty much that in response to a user in ATA asking why we hadn't had an EI in a while. u n u

Magical Cat

~ yum_tea ~
Coffee Cat says:

The time of EIs is finished.
Oh by the way, there was just one today.

They sure aren't as exciting as they used to be, though.
User Image

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Mermaid Eater
Its all a conspiracy.
There never were EI's... its just always been prolonged REI's.

< _ >
there were TWO snipers at Ians trial >3>

Champion

I think EI's are being more and more cost inefficient in Gaia's eyes. Just as any savvy business would do, they start by cutting out their inefficiencies and utilizing more efficient cash crops (ie REI's and RIGs)

Beloved Nerd

Milk Kittea
hydr0ph0en1x
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

User Image

Phasing out..I also heard (I think it was from an admin?) that it wasn't their intention to phase out EIs, and that it just kinda happened, but that haven't dropped the idea or something?

Unstoppable Krampus

Das Portemonnaie
Ridley Starsmore
I wish, man.

Could you elaborate a bit more?
I've been absent from Gaia for some times. What are the differences between REIs and EIs?
And what's not profitable about them? D:

Rapid EI's have fewer poses, but they evolve on a strict schedule every Tuesday and Friday for about 3 weeks to a month.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'd guess that the lack of a schedule for the old, regular EIs probably had a lot to do with them being phased out. Case of Pietro was just a complete nightmare when it came to updates and I think that was a big blow to their popularity. Plus, REIs seem to be a bigger bang for their buck, since it requires the artist to make fewer poses that probably take less time for a pricetag most users are okay with paying.

User Image

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

The only part that I don't like about EI's is that, when they make an update, they would discard the old poses with the newer ones until the final weeks when they are all fully restored.

The other part that I don't understand is, why do they all have different generations? Sometimes the older ones cost more, but then other times it's the newer ones at the marketplace? It boggles my mind. x_X

-~--~-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces