Thoughts on CI Backgrounds?

I like em, and tend to buy em. 0.44318181818182 44.3% [ 39 ]
They're more like eye candy. I don't buy em. 0.32954545454545 33.0% [ 29 ]
I tend to look over them. I wouldn't use them. 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Formal Elocutionist

Gonna keep this short and sweet.

For months, we've been acquiring CI backgrounds on a regular basis. I'm not going to the point of expecting one from each and every CI, but it straight up surprised me to find out we didn't have one from the latest CI. Especially with so much potential for a good scary or unique background or two. Sure, we did get Third Stall, and it's nice. But with so much potential, I feel a bathroom stall just grazes the tip of the iceberg. In a way, it's TIN's (much more affordable) version of a RIG pet. I usually can find a use for them, in some way or another.

~ Do you have a favorite CI Background?
~ What kind of backgrounds would you like to see in the future?
~ Was this topic really worth making a thread about?

Greedy Drake

My favorite is probably warzones, for the snowy background. I just like how it was done. REMemories is really nice too although I never got around to buying one. Usually I don't use backgrounds.

Slumbering Tengu

I guess I never noticed that
but looking back I can obviously see it
I actually am a little sad that there wasn't one now
but REMemories from the dream RIG back makes up for it
Between that and Hanafuda they are probably my favorites

I'd looooooove to see some everyday indoor backgrounds
offices, stores, houses, hospitals, art galleries
stuff like that

I don't use them too often but I love using them to create certain avatars and cosplays

Fluffy Treat

Third Stall is two background poses. This pose from Project Fatal is kindof background and foreground in one. So the RIG does have them.

I like the kitchen in the Cake EI, though that's not a RIG. I like the Rakugaki Style underground background, that's from a RIG.

Formal Elocutionist

Creamy Filling
Third Stall is two background poses. This pose from Project Fatal is kindof background and foreground in one.

I wasn't sure what to consider that one. But seeing as how Third Stall had the majority of background poses, I OP'd it. Also, we usually will get more than one item with a background in our CI's. Which is always nice. 3nodding

Fluffy Lover

There's a nice photo effect foreground item. biggrin

Formal Elocutionist

Elazar

I like it alot. Though I'm having a much harder time using it than you are.
I sometimes want a girl avatar. emo

Fluffy Lover

TINSTAAFL
Elazar

I like it alot. Though I'm having a much harder time using it than you are.
I sometimes want a girl avatar. emo

Kitty fluffs are genderless talk2hand

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Wow, I completely missed that! I guess I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought I was during the release.
I don't really use backgrounds on my avi though so maybe that's why I didn't notice the lack of them.

I think this is a great topic to discuss. Others seem to be big into backgrounds so I'm sure they're disappointed.
Maybe we'll be seeing more autumn & wintry scenes in the near future instead.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who noticed! It really bothered me... We've been so spoiled by a beautiful background item every month.

Personally, I would love to see mountains, a river and a solid desert background (that doesn't have a pyramid in the background). We need more background accessories too (like in Forteanagoria). My favorite is probably scenic quest but I try to switch it up a lot.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I did notice the lack of Backgrounds. Like, woohoo. A bathroom. That'd be good for a Harry Potter cosplay. rofl

I much prefer pretty sceneries. D:

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
There's no rainbow items either, but you don't see me complaining.

Demonic Lover

I think we did well O: I love this Fatal Frame background 8D and the Third Stall one's pretty creepy . 3.; we got a lot of background props though, sometimes I feel what we need more of is simple and clean backgrounds to fill with the items we already have XD I feel they could keep some items in mind and make some backgrounds that would work fine alone but would also work super well paired with those other items~ I also wish they would release filters already u 3u I don't want to keep using Forteanagoria to make my night backgrounds actually dark... I'd also love other filters like the one in the Watchmaker, Summer Grass Field... they add a lot to the avatars if used well O:

User Image

Player

I was surprised and heart broken that we didn't get good background items. I'm a BG collector. I love them. Hope next time it comes back with a bang! My favorite BGs are Scenic quest and Overgrown ruins. Still haven't bought Overgrown ruins. Need to; it's the best background item EVER. But none are on MP at the moment. Oh well. Anyway, I wish for more fantasy like backgrounds for the future. And yea, this topic was worth making.

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200
I would have liked to see something like the mirror from Kanoko's Dark Reflection, only with the new mirror.
Sort of like a held version and a pose with you in the mirror.
Maybe if my Prize Collections petition gets picked up...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff