Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are there people out there who just give other people they don't know money, you know, just because that persons poor? If they do, who are they and why do you do it? just wondering

Friendly Raider

6,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
<center>Sometimes I donate to people who are questing for things...
I don't know why, though. sweatdrop

Is that what you mean?
</center>
Ive done it a few times.. only because I was tired of having gold, and they seemed like they really needed it.. also, they werent annoying and begging for it like most people do.
Some stupid scammer was running around the wanted subforum the other day and I took pitty on 2 of the people and gave one of them 11k and a sealed letter

and the other 10k and a march letter.

But I usualy only give 500-1k or random inexpensive items.
I've dont it plenty of times! But not to people who are begging... no no... I go to the quest page, and find a well thought out layout and quest and well, then I donate. xd I just see it as another way of earning gold...
Well, since people are actually looking at this post, what is a good way to make money, you know, besides posting
Its just something people do, I've donated anywhere from a couple hundred in items to thousands. Its just a nice deed, people just do it.
There are users who give gold to complete strangers just for the sake of them being poor, or questing for an expensive item that most people would consider getting alone an impossibility.

You can usually atract people of that natureby begging to your heart's content in the charity/quests forum in the Gaian Exchange.

I dunno why they do it, I've done it a couple of times just becuaseI had money and these people looked pathetic. Or possibly to pay back debts to people. Most of the time I'd never even get a "thanks" in return. Ungrateful wankers.

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
I haven't for a while. But I used to give the odd item out, especially if I'd seen the person around, they were nice, not asking for anything, and had a wishlist - then I gave them something. biggrin
ack double post.
I have never donated antything to anybody, I may have thought about it one time or another but then replaced it with dreams of saving for Banni's.
No I don't give I only take and I'm proud of that.
Karma has got nothing on me.
I can't donate to people now, I'm questing, I've gotten a good amount of donations though

I might donate after I get the items I'm questing for, I'm getting some expensive items though, but I'm hoping to donate to others once I'm done
FireStag
Well, since people are actually looking at this post, what is a good way to make money, you know, besides posting

There's always fishing! My friend makes big gold with that... ^^; She's richer than me, and I introduced her to GAIA. sweatdrop
Though seeing as how posting is the main thing here with gaia (see that its a forum and all) I just like posting.
So fishing and posting, well thats nice info thanks, and for the dude who sent me 140 gold, thank-you, my horrible short term memory made me forget your name, but I hope you see this post
I donate a lot. I sometimes open up my semi-charity, where if you write a little, well thought out paragraph or two, I give you anywhere from 500-1k. Man, a lot of people got up in the 700's with that.

I figure the karma will come back and I'll get donations when I "need" them.

(Need is in quotes because you never NEED anything on Gaia, but "want" just sounded bad.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff