Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is there a difference between "n00bs" and "newbs"?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 11, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

ARGH. Another n00b VS Newb thread.

Get this in your head.

Gaia has different definitions of N00b and Newb. N00b is originally the internet version of new person.

Thankyou.
I made a thread somewhere describing the differences oh well.
Asian Freak
I made a thread somewhere describing the differences oh well.

Yes, there are only around 1 000 000 x 10^1000 0000 threads and posts about the definitions.
Sounds like "twink" and "munchkin" are unfamiliar terms.
Adison
A newb is a new member. A n00b is an idiot, that chooses to shamelessly advertise in a discussion forum.
Yes, there's a difference.

n00bs taste like chicken and newbs like potato. der.

Haha, yea there is a difference, if you want to get technical... but I hate this sort of stupid thread about new people. We all were one, though many of us hate to admit it, and Gaia, for most, takes a lot of time to get used to...
A newb is someone who's new to Gaia but is intelligent and types properly, they don't automatically go to the chatterbox and ilve there but explore everywhere. (and at one time tried to hit on me domokun )
A n00b is someone who can't spell properly and automatically gets drawn to the chatterbox.
Yes, there are only around 1 000 000 x 10^1000 0000 threads and posts about the definitions.

thats not propper scientific notation it would be
1.0 x 10^10,000,000,000,000

lmao jk
Newb is someone who is jus plain new to gaia
n00b is l337 version of someone who is new, or doesnt kno the termanology or in any case the classification of where to put things such as posting ads in ED
Or Spamming In The Barton Town
I always thought n00b and newb were the same, but I was reading a lot of you posts, so I guess it does make sense. I'm still a newb, I'm still trying to get used to things here.
Newb's are a nice, polite bunch of people who are new to gaia and need gentle pesuasion to be put on the right track.

N00b's are a bunch or idiots who like to flame/annoy etc who deserve their posting privalleges to be revoked

3nodding
Quote:
Population Tire

thats not propper scientific notation it would be
1.0 x 10^10,000,000,000,000

lmao jk

No you better add 5 to that figure

*reads the few last posts*
rolleyes Those people posting that crap about the ad need to read before they make their stupid assumptions, as usual.

It's quite pathetic. Must you always be right? RiG was both the thread the discussion had started in AND it's my freaking thread. If you don't want to read the damn thing then DIRECT YOUR EYES AWAY.

It's one thing to have posted the ad without a discussion. But then it's another to have added it AT THE BOTTOM OF MY OWN THREAD.

Now, if you're going to argue, don't do it here and don't do it when I'm online where I can bite your heads off. domokun
I think it's all pretty rude.
newb vs. n00b.

Newb: new memember who can @ least spell and has SOME form of grammar. ((note, occasional mistakes don't count)) I myself use some shortcuts to make typing faster, such as w/ for with___ and @ for at.

n00b: anoyingly new memeber who feels compelled to create sentences so sprinkled w/shortcuts and spelling mistakes that you can't read them @ all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff