Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think introducing your family to Gaia is a good idea?

Yes! The more the merrier! 0.26890756302521 26.9% [ 32 ]
No! Are you kidding me!?!? 0.35294117647059 35.3% [ 42 ]
Good luck to that... 0.3781512605042 37.8% [ 45 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I wish I could have gotten my family on here! xd My grandmama used to be annoyed with this site because I'd stay up late typing on it. >.>

My dad had zero interest.

I got my mom to sign up. She made one post. And forgot about the site. rofl

My lil bro did join the site, back when he was like, I guess 10? This was before the You Must Be 13 age limit was put on. He has since forgotten his password though. ;^; It's a shame, because I know he has HotD on his account. I donated for him when he gave me $5 from his allowance. whee heart (Try looking up my user name, you'll find his account!)

Plus, I love this story. If you stop by my art shop with saved avatars of you and your grandparents, I'll do a little doodle for the three of you to welcome them to Gaia. emotion_bigheart

Edit: For those who are weird-ed out by family knowing what they do on Gaia, that's what mules are for. wink

Friendly Explorer

In the past, my mom came onto Gaia just to play booty grab. <3 She later got bored and now goes to a Russian-speaking forum for moms. sweatdrop

Kawaii Bunny

I doubt I'd be able to get my parents or grandparents to join Gaia. My parents have suggested that I'm too old to be on here at 22, although I'm not sure they really get that it's a forum. I think they see it as just a site to dress up my avi.

I have no idea who the oldest Gaian would be, I don't really talk to people about themselves so I don't ask them their ages or anything.

Retro Punk

LazybonesHeroine
I was curious if anyone knew any Gaian older than 78?
Recently, my grandparents "became interested" in what their grandchildren were into.
As i explained Gaiaonline to them, to the best of my ability, they replied with amusement! lol
They said, and i quote: "Sign us up!"
You have got to be kidding me.. But you are as old as you feel! They're forever young.
But I was thinking, could they be the oldest Gaians? Does anyone know?

You should ask in the guilds for "Aged" Gaians. There's a bunch for gaians eighteen and up.

Stellar Succubus

Yes, I met and spoke with a woman in her 80's.

There's so much on Gaia, that I'm sure people of any age could enjoy it if they were so inclined.

Stellar Succubus

LazybonesHeroine
Nyadriel
I am 52 and I know there are a few older than me on this site.

Well that's interesting. I must say though, I never met anyone over the age of 30 who was interested. So hearing these fine wine ages makes me feel pretty good about my future here with Gaionline.

I'm still here, and I'm almost 33. smile

I joined when I was 26, so I was never in the teen demographic. But if Gaia'd been around when I was a teen, I would have loved it. I spent my teen years on really awful chat boards :3

Tadalicious's Waifu

Adorable Shapeshifter

I'm 29 - but I have met people older then me on here.
One of my friends are in their late 30's, and another is in his 40's.

Dead Hellraiser

Hasuki Aatisuto
Well, Gaia was established in 2003, and you had to be 13 or older to sign up, so the bare minimum would be, obviously, 13 in 2003. It's now 2013, so if you signed up for Gaia in 2003 at 13 years old, you'd be 23.

That's just the MINIMUM.

That's a good number to go off on when speculating how old the oldest Gaian would be. But let me tell you something: 23 is certainly not the oldest age for a Gaian. I'm 32. XP

Actually, your first statement about 23 being the minimum is inaccurate. I joined in December of '03, and won't be 23 until next month.

Ontopic: It's pretty cool you got your grandparents to join.
...I think my grandma'd get addicted to CIs if she were to join.

Mega Bit

I wish I could get my grandma to come anywhere near a computer, she probably would be very entertained by this site. I recently got her to read the full harry potter series, she is at age of 85. Never too late for the fun stuff (:

Zane Wu's Wife

Loyal Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
Icysnowgirl
I wish I could have gotten my family on here! xd My grandmama used to be annoyed with this site because I'd stay up late typing on it. >.>

My dad had zero interest.

I got my mom to sign up. She made one post. And forgot about the site. rofl

My lil bro did join the site, back when he was like, I guess 10? This was before the You Must Be 13 age limit was put on. He has since forgotten his password though. ;^; It's a shame, because I know he has HotD on his account. I donated for him when he gave me $5 from his allowance. whee heart (Try looking up my user name, you'll find his account!)

Plus, I love this story. If you stop by my art shop with saved avatars of you and your grandparents, I'll do a little doodle for the three of you to welcome them to Gaia. emotion_bigheart

Edit: For those who are weird-ed out by family knowing what they do on Gaia, that's what mules are for. wink

Yea I know how that goes. My whole family thought i was addicted. I don't remember when i joined.. 04 or 05. But I'm 21 now and still going. They tell me I'm ridiculous. But now everyone wants to see what all the fuss is about!

Zane Wu's Wife

Loyal Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
Marclyn
LazybonesHeroine
Marclyn
you have to tell us your grandparent's username. so i can go stalk them. id like to meet old folks on here emotion_awesome

LOL.
Not going to lie I would rather them not. Only because I'm nervous about how they'd react. However, I'm sure they'd be random adding until their list was full. v.v
lies! they don't exist. quit trying to start a myth

Well, I don't like people to think I lie. So perhaps I can do something to prove it. A photo or vine with both of us in it? Yes. I think that'll do. A photo would be better on my behalf since they're in Colorado and in stuck in Texas. But what is it that makes you not believe me?

Zane Wu's Wife

Loyal Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
Evil Goth Bunny

I have no idea who the oldest Gaian would be, I don't really talk to people about themselves so I don't ask them their ages or anything.

That would be a bit odd if you would add that into the conversation..

Zane Wu's Wife

Loyal Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
VVhip

I'm still here, and I'm almost 33. smile

I joined when I was 26, so I was never in the teen demographic. But if Gaia'd been around when I was a teen, I would have loved it. I spent my teen years on really awful chat boards :3

I hate chat boards... It never really hit me that people of all ages would be on Gaia. I thought it was mostly made up of teens. Because that's all I run into. Never anyone my age or older. So when everyone states they're older than teen, i lose it. lol

Serpentine Loverboy

28,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Thinking about it, I bet my mom and dad would be playing the games here like it's nobody's business. I bet they'd make a killing out of those too! They're so addicted to those FB puzzle games so the games here are a perfect fit for them.

Dapper Shopper

8,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
My little sister introduced me to Gaia when I was 19. She left, I stayed. I wish she remembered the passwords of her accounts though. I gave gifts to her often.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff