Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stubborn Gifter

LittleLunarMouse
Dont let how theyre acting now dissuade you! We need more people on the inside after all ;3

I for one am glad to see that steps are being taken. Hopefully they are in the right direction.
We'll have to wait and see I guess. At this point, I'm not really holding my breath.

Not gonna lie, but that part I bolded makes it sound like you wanted me to be an undercover agent to get the scoop and let people know what's going on. LOL XD

But anyway, I STILL doubt about Gaia in the right direction. Because like I said earlier, there is rarely interaction between Gaia and the community. And according to the Director of Content and Community content, it says about communication with the members. The only staff member I see who is actively communicating is Zero Omega himself. Codemonkey only comes time to time when he's developing his projects as well as what the glitches are. Sisky, I don't know but I haven't heard from her months. And other Gaia staff rarely come to chat. So yeah... I doubt about it under the CEO at the moment. But you are right about it, we have to wait and see.

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
seikueon
There's just something so...weird and fake about that Director of Content and Community description. I honestly didn't read the rest.

I'm hoping it'll help Gaia, but yeah, it's probably for tentacl.

It may as well say, "now hiring funny manager guy". But yeah, it talks about writing articles so I'm going to assume it's for Tentacl.

Wealthy Hoarder

If I wasn't working 40 hours a week, going to school, and having a part time job I might consider the Director of Content and Community spot.

Considering I am busy as it is..Nope. I would rather enjoy gaia as I am.

Antagonistic Regular

If only they had a retail//customer service opening. I would relocate in a heartbeat if they wanted me. lol Let's bring back the old merch, huh? Plushies, t-shirts, keychains, posters - your very own custom made avatar bobble head or figurine. The possibilities. Gaia, where is your marketing brain? Oh, right. Gaia Cash. rolleyes I forgot.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
If I didn't have poor social skills, I'd apply for the Director of Content and Community position. But alas, I'm not funny and I don't have "viral instincts", whatever that means. |D; Plus I don't want to commute 2 hours to work (and pay the $5 toll) everyday, since I would have to cross the bridge to get to San Jose. |D;

Manly Lunatic

They already have an app, why would they need them?

Oh and that first one... isn't that uh... the Dev we all think is a girl because of the epic feminine avatar, but is really a dude?

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Quote:
At least one year of iOS development experience.As an iOS developer at Gaia you'll be working on the "next big thing" at the company as we push forward into mobile. Joining a front-end team of 1, you'll be collaborating on a universal iOS app due to be shipped this Fall.

Is that Codemonkey because I feel so horrible that he is basically all on his own. I'm glad he's getting the support he needs.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Sheshira
Quote:
At least one year of iOS development experience.As an iOS developer at Gaia you'll be working on the "next big thing" at the company as we push forward into mobile. Joining a front-end team of 1, you'll be collaborating on a universal iOS app due to be shipped this Fall.

Is that Codemonkey because I feel so horrible that he is basically all on his own. I'm glad he's getting the support he needs.

Nah, it's not Codemonkey. He's a Flash dev, not an iOS dev.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Teabo Milk Tea
Sheshira
Quote:

Nah, it's not Codemonkey. He's a Flash dev, not an iOS dev.

Oh okay though it seems that the developers are running on a skeleton crew because I thought I had read that Codemonkey was the only flash developer and it seems there is only one iOS developer...
Arlette Mori
Director of Content and Community

The title sounds like something out of Brave New World. Still, it is promising to see that are hiring people, that must mean the company isn't doing too bad for itself.
They want someone who reads 9gag gonk

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I wonder if they're finally planing on making Gaia online and towns true mobile as they need to make Gaia fully Tablet/IPhone compatible..
They all sound mobile focused, which I wouldn't expect from that first one.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

I don't have a smartphone so this doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. New community figure is interesting, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff