10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
MistressMinako
Valheita
MistressMinako
Starshine
The cats one actually looks quite interesting. High Fantasy... looks like a bad attempt at WoW, imo. There are some MoGA monsters listed for it too, some sort of a mesh up?

I'd still rather play as my avatar. I hope they will be hosted simultaneously on here and FB. I do want to try the cat one >.>

If they're Facebook-oriented games, I doubt you'll be playing using your Gaia avatar.

The "high fantasy" game is the one [ JK ] was moved to. We've been told it will have "familiar elements", which to me reads as if this new game is a bastardized version of zOMG, Monster Galaxy and whatever else Gaia felt like including to make it feel like they're creating a game for Gaia Online.
You can sort of play using your Gaia avatar in MoGa, and it's not even fully Gaia ported.

Sort of?

Forgive me for saying this, but I have felt no draw to play MoGa for myself, and as such I naturally assumed that a game built for a separate audience without the requirement of a Gaia account would not include using one's avatar. I assume that option is separate from what a non-Gaia user can access.

Even so, if you can use your Gaia avatar, the animations will probably be limited as in zOMG. To me it seems like it would allow them a greater degree of freedom to remove the Gaia avatar aspect entirely.
It stands in the battle arena. Doesn't really do anything though, hence sort of.

You're correct in that you need a Gaia account for it, as you must load Monster Galaxy via Gaia Online rather than Facebook for it.

I just wanted to point out that they have enabled Gaia avatars in their facebook games in the past, so there's no reason they can't do it in the future - especially if it's not an afterthought.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Valheita
It stands in the battle arena. Doesn't really do anything though, hence sort of.

You're correct in that you need a Gaia account for it, as you must load Monster Galaxy via Gaia Online rather than Facebook for it.

I just wanted to point out that they have enabled Gaia avatars in their facebook games in the past, so there's no reason they can't do it in the future - especially if it's not an afterthought.

Then we'll see what Gaia comes up with.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I just want my zOMG > o< These games do not interest me unless earning gold was involved. -greedy, so sue me.-

Sparkling Transmutator

Well the creature in the bottom left of the first image.... is just another Moga. (recently released)
... So I bet you this "High Fantasy Game" is just another installment of Monster Galaxy.

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
thats like one month old news :] but its good they are finnaly written somewhere
thanks exclaim

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Winter Hue
Well the creature in the bottom left of the first image.... is just another Moga. (recently released)
... So I bet you this "High Fantasy Game" is just another installment of Monster Galaxy.

That is possible, but if I can remember a one-hour panel that happened four months ago correctly, Moga was addressed separately. It might be the case that the two games just share some similar elements since, you know, Facebook and limited attention spans.

Vicious Gawker

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
they book like really nice games. when will they be released?

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Expired_Strawberry

Comedy answer: they'll be rushed out half-finished and full of bugs to capitalize on a dying industry sometime within the next two years.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Wow CATS IN MY GAIA?
I can't believe Gaia is FINALLY giving us something cat related!

/sarcasm/ emotion_donotwant

Vicious Gawker

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Survivor 150
MistressMinako
Expired_Strawberry

Comedy answer: they'll be rushed out half-finished and full of bugs to capitalize on a dying industry sometime within the next two years.

lol u are quite right! although its pretty interesting looking. from the looks of it, if it came out bug free i think i would really like it.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Mermaid Eater
Wow CATS IN MY GAIA?

There might even be some kittens emotion_kirakira

Sparkling Transmutator

Mermaid Eater
Wow CATS IN MY GAIA?

Well that game was advertised when I went to A-kon in June of 2011... so it might not be released for quite some time.

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I really hope the CATS game is a Gaia game. I would love to play it.

Beloved Exhibitionist

18,375 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
Seems interesting

if the high fantasy game is a piece of crap

I look forward to the cat game. mrgreen
I'm actually really excited for the high fantasy game, I hope I make it into Beta mad .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff