Welcome to Gaia! ::

Undead Enchantress

I know a few who might be interested in that, but I think some of the discounts Gaia sometimes gives out is better overall. Not predictable though.

Divine Muse

I think there are wiser ways to spend $100 than on a website that doesn't invest back into this site.

I really don't care who has the money and who doesn't, it's audacious for this website to ask these prices. From my standpoint, I wasn't born into money and I learned that spare money had to be spent wisely.

I also think saying it's none of my/our business and I/we can't comment on this is rude and uncouth. This is a public website. Let me say this again, Gaia is a public website. As long as we aren't targeting an individual user, I don't see the harm in saying those people who do spent a lot of money on this website are foolish.

While people don't have to like everyone's opinions, they do have to let us state them. Lets not mob people for having a difference of opinion.

(And most really wealthy people I have known are cheaper than I am.)

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Jayce Reinhardt
I think there are wiser ways to spend $100 than on a website that doesn't invest back into this site.

I really don't care who has the money and who doesn't, it's audacious for this website to ask these prices. From my standpoint, I wasn't born into money and I learned that spare money had to be spent wisely.

I also think saying it's none of my/our business and I/we can't comment on this is rude and uncouth. This is a public website. Let me say this again, Gaia is a public website. As long as we aren't targeting an individual user, I don't see the harm in saying those people who do spent a lot of money on this website are foolish.

While people don't have to like everyone's opinions, they do have to let us state them. Lets not mob people for having a difference of opinion.

I don't agree that people can't comment on it, I think that's rude too. But I personally find the knee-jerk reaction to outrage, as if this is a non-optional thing, to be kind of odd. Considering there's no indication that they'd be taking away the regular sales amounts, that they're "asking these prices" again, does not seem indicative of anything except giving an incentive to people who choose to pay more. That's pretty much it. I don't feel that it's an attack on anyone who doesn't have that kind of money, or some kind of judgment call, which is why I don't particularly understand why many are perceiving it so.

And yeah, anyone can have the opinion about the use of money. It's certainly not like I personally applaud celebrities who spend billions of dollars on jacked up accessories and gold teeth and things like that, haha. I just don't condemn anyone, because unless I'm out there giving all my money to charity and what not, I can't point at anyone else without three fingers pointing back to me.

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
User Image

αℓℓιε ιs נυsт gσηηα sαү

ι ωσи'т вє ѕнαмє∂ ¢αυѕє ι вєℓιєνє тнαт ℓσνє ιѕ fяєє

I'm only surprised because it's ******** stupid to do that instead of just waiting for a GC sale. You'd be getting way more bang for your buck, and they happen often enough for you to put some cash aside to drop when the sale happens.

ιт fυєℓѕ тнє нєαят αи∂ ѕєχ ιѕ иσт му єиєму

Divine Muse

Knight of Britannia
Jayce Reinhardt

I don't agree that people can't comment on it, I think that's rude too. But I personally find the knee-jerk reaction to outrage, as if this is a non-optional thing, to be kind of odd. Considering there's no indication that they'd be taking away the regular sales amounts, that they're "asking these prices" again, does not seem indicative of anything except giving an incentive to people who choose to pay more. That's pretty much it. I don't feel that it's an attack on anyone who doesn't have that kind of money, or some kind of judgment call, which is why I don't particularly understand why many are perceiving it so.

And yeah, anyone can have the opinion about the use of money. It's certainly not like I personally applaud celebrities who spend billions of dollars on jacked up accessories and gold teeth and things like that, haha. I just don't condemn anyone, because unless I'm out there giving all my money to charity and what not, I can't point at anyone else without three fingers pointing back to me.

It's not an attack on people with money, at least not on the users part.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Jayce Reinhardt
Knight of Britannia
Jayce Reinhardt

It's not an attack on people with money, at least not on the users part.

No, and I'd agree! I guess I just don't see this particular move as some slight against all of us (on Gaia's part), though god knows we all reserve the right to be skeptical, no doubt about it.

yhoda's Husband

Beloved Giver

18,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't mind it if I were paid more but I only have about 100 bucks at a time which is why if I signed up for this itd all be gone for a week and if be broke for a whole week which is bad for my situation.

I spend a bit on here but only when there are sales, I have some extra money and still can survive the week and when items or rigs come out I like.

I like buying in sections cause then it makes me check myself "can I afford to get more?"

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Predictably tone-deaf on Gaia's part. Do they seriously not realize how calling it a "mere" $100 a month is going to sound to people? Gaia really really need to get a new PR guy.

On the practical side, I find it hard to imagine that anyone would need that much per month. But I guess there are people out there even more obsessive than I am.

Cute Paladin

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
I really thought it was a typo, and they meant $9.99 ... 0_o

Wheezing Plague

It's a huge sum for the casual user but some people do have the income for it. It's probably a way of saying "thanks for spending so much". Or something.
Eironyx
Can we consider, though, that with the [seemingly continuous] sales, $99.99 for 12,500 GCash is less profitable than just buying GCash from the sale? For instance, right now, $99.75 will buy 13,300 GCash, and the 800 GCash difference is worth maybe 60b-80b whereas 2.5b is.. well.. 2.5b. Just an observation.

Over the span of the year, that's potentially 9600 GCash "lost" [underinvested] with the Auto-Cash option when compared to the sales prices, which amounts to roughly $70 [according to current sales prices].

TL;DR: Autocash is less beneficial than buying an equivalent amount of GCash when it's on sale [which seems to be almost permanent at this point in time].

I bet you they didn't take the time to think of that, did they?
Kimona Telsa
I bet you they didn't take the time to think of that, did they?
Or they did.
I mean, if even one person signs up for the Auto-cash deal, Gaia gets more cash for less product. Presuming that the user would spend that $100 either way, Gaia maximizes profits by selling less GCash for more money. Offering this can't "hurt" Gaia, unless it turns people off buying GCash in general.

Perfect Saint

I do spend that much.

More actually. sad

I did consider it as an option. Sales discounts could possibly get me more bang for the buck, but lately, the discounts aren't as great as the ones the last few months. Maybe, it may be good...idk...

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Err...I never really understood the need for auto-cash. It always feels like they want to keep your bank/paypal account hooked, so if you leave Gaia for a while for whatever reason, they can still make money out of the fact that you forget to cancel it.

Not sure if people would forget to cancel $99 auto cash though...

UFO

33,625 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Hoo I knew someone was going to complain about this.

But yeah, the option is there for people who actually go out and buy >$100 a month. Someone in the CB just dropped $1k on gaia the other day and then complained they took the "Win Gaia" bundle out of the shop. (I told them they could file a ticket to obtain the bundle, but they wound up buying a bunch of rigs instead and doing a giveaway)

Point is tho: Their money, they can do what they want w/ it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff