Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

what would you like to see for paws?

recolors of previous paw items 0.041958041958042 4.2% [ 6 ]
older gaia fashions made for paws (KEIKO'S CAKE PLS AND THANK) 0.4965034965035 49.7% [ 71 ]
new original items made only for paws 0.46153846153846 46.2% [ 66 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Bowie-Spawan
Yeah, I felt like facepalming when seeing that one lone animal item being updated :/
I was expecting, at the very least two. Using plural forms is kinda false advertising in this case.

it is and it's really upsetting :c

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I wonder if the user made chinchilla item not selling well at all is "validating" somebody at Gaia HQ who's thinking of abandoning the bases?

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
+[Skarekrow]+
It's a d**k move of them how they released all those animals items almost ever day only to never release any now. stressed

they might as well get rid of the bases at this point

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm begining to wonder if they get the item pictures after they've written the text.

Inquisitive Shapeshifter

Uuuugggh, I get super wordy here.
The complete lack of acknowledgement during events is what annoys me the most.
We have gotten a grand total of three event Items, the animated eyes on April fools,
the leaf hat for earth day and the bow for murrica day. All so minor I'm not sure they
really count as events so much as "yeah, here's an item, have a day".

Any larger events such as Easter, Spring fling and the beach party, where humans
have gotten many items, Animals get zilch. As was pointed out, plenty of people
who mainly use animal bases contributed to that last one, and yet they couldn't
design a swimsuit for us? As for the Easter event, a holiday with HUGE emphasis
on Animals in the real world, Rabbits, Chicks, Ducks, Lambs, etc. They really
dropped the ball on that one. Many of us were expecting, at least, the release of
the rabbit base they had teased earlier, but we didn't see that until a month later.

NOTE TO GAIA: Start working on a mouse base now, if you haven't already. People
will love it if they can have it BEFORE the holiday(Christmas) this time.

==========

On to monthly RIGs, I love seeing Animal Items in these, but out of the four since we
started getting them, we have a total of three items. May was a fairy tale theme. We
got an Ugly Duckling Item (though why no swan pose, seriously, finish the story) but
there are so many things that could have been drawn on, from Aesop's Fables to
Nursery Rhymes.

And then we got zero for a Con Themed RIG. Seriously? I mean, we got Pokemon RIG
after that, but what about all the other animals in popular media? Ryo-ohki, Kirara, that
"contracto" creature I see but know nothing about, Luna/Artemis, Animal Crossing,
Ratchet and Clank, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Digimon(Maybe? No? Patamon is
adorable?)

NOTE TO GAIA: Putting Animal Items in Largely Human RIGs is a GOOD thing for you.
One It causes everyone to be a customer for them, even if they are not interested, Two,
I'm sure there are people who, upon getting an Animal Item in a RIG would then be tempted
to try it out, even if they were previously uninterested, and then you end up with new
customers for your non-RIG Items.

==========

Now, Human versions of previously Animal Exclusives. Especially with how quick some
Are released, these really make me feel like you went to your artists and said "We need
animal items for this theme" and then the artists, not having time to create something,
just take some item they were working on for human base, resize it and bam, "new" item.

I feel like this can be detrimental to making Animal Bases a desirable option. After all, if
all people have to do is complain that X item wasn't made for Humans and they will get it;
what's to motivate them to ever use the animal base?

==========

NOTE TO GAIA: If you want this base to be Profitable you need to, one Start releasing more
affordable options that don't require Gaia Cash to buy, such as gold shop and GoFusion
this will entice people currently put off by the high entry price for using the base, some of
whom will then go on to becoming paying customers. Two, start releasing New Animal Items
in Human RIGs again, causing everyone, interested in the base or not, to be a customer for
these items.

Three, stop ignoring us during events. If you regularly release Animal Items for each event,
Perhaps at a 1:5 ratio of Animal:Human Items you will draw attention to the base, and again,
have people who were previously uninterested think they might want to try this or that item out.
The key with this, however is that you can't just make tiny versions of the human sets, they
need to be unique items that humans don't have or people can just use the human version.

Also, here's a thought, while this isn't a plea for more items exactly, maybe include [Animal]
food items from Rina's as possible Daily Chance Items, once again for the idea of trying it
because it's there mentality.

All in all, just releasing Items in the cash shop and hoping a lot of people will buy them is not
the way to make a profit in this type of business. I'm far from an economist and even I can see
that. The game/feature needs to be enticing first, then when you have people hooked, they will
want to pay for more.

Finally, Stop ignoring the Dog base! You haven't released any furs for the user chosen base
and even though I personally am not a fan currently that might change if you actually start
releasing some furs. As things stand right now, if you were to have another contest like that
one I wouldn't even be interested, no matter how bad I want to see this or that type of base.
Why? Because I would feel like s**t if I won a contest, only to have my base ignored. Hell, I
remember the winner saying she gave plenty of examples of dog breeds that could be used
as furs, so why haven't we seen any dalmatians or anything yet?

Aside from all of the Above, what I'd really like to see is some balance. A couple months ago
we got so many Mini RIGS that I couldn't keep up and I was frustrated not being able to afford
items I really wanted. As a result, instead of buying any RIGs at all, I was constantly awaiting
a sale that never came, because I had been burned by paying full price only to see a sale a
day later and beating myself up because "If I had just waited I could have gotten 5 instead of 3"

And now we have next to no Items at all being released. This month we have the Loyals and
CrosStitch updates, but then feel spurned on the Beach Party and GoFusion.

So, for some balance I would like to see, ideally, 1-2 Mini Rigs as well as 3-5 Items specifically
for Animals in the Cash shop each month alongside regular inclusion in the gold shop updates,
events, main RIGs and any other things, like GoFusion that you might have in store. (Also,
because I know Alchemists are craving an update to that system, how about a bunch of Brand
new Animal Items there, say, 1-2 for each level? And an achievement for crafting certain animal
items?)

Mewling Kitten

I want to bite your avatar

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Seabook Arno
I wonder if the user made chinchilla item not selling well at all is "validating" somebody at Gaia HQ who's thinking of abandoning the bases?

i think gaia made too many of them tbh
1500 was too many but maybe that's the set limit for user made items? idk
also i guess it's people's preferences? personally i'm not a fan of the item except for the ears.

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Kerry Archer
Uuuugggh, I get super wordy here.
The complete lack of acknowledgement during events is what annoys me the most.
We have gotten a grand total of three event Items, the animated eyes on April fools,
the leaf hat for earth day and the bow for murrica day. All so minor I'm not sure they
really count as events so much as "yeah, here's an item, have a day".

Any larger events such as Easter, Spring fling and the beach party, where humans
have gotten many items, Animals get zilch. As was pointed out, plenty of people
who mainly use animal bases contributed to that last one, and yet they couldn't
design a swimsuit for us? As for the Easter event, a holiday with HUGE emphasis
on Animals in the real world, Rabbits, Chicks, Ducks, Lambs, etc. They really
dropped the ball on that one. Many of us were expecting, at least, the release of
the rabbit base they had teased earlier, but we didn't see that until a month later.

NOTE TO GAIA: Start working on a mouse base now, if you haven't already. People
will love it if they can have it BEFORE the holiday(Christmas) this time.

==========

On to monthly RIGs, I love seeing Animal Items in these, but out of the four since we
started getting them, we have a total of three items. May was a fairy tale theme. We
got an Ugly Duckling Item (though why no swan pose, seriously, finish the story) but
there are so many things that could have been drawn on, from Aesop's Fables to
Nursery Rhymes.

And then we got zero for a Con Themed RIG. Seriously? I mean, we got Pokemon RIG
after that, but what about all the other animals in popular media? Ryo-ohki, Kirara, that
"contracto" creature I see but know nothing about, Luna/Artemis, Animal Crossing,
Ratchet and Clank, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Digimon(Maybe? No? Patamon is
adorable?)

NOTE TO GAIA: Putting Animal Items in Largely Human RIGs is a GOOD thing for you.
One It causes everyone to be a customer for them, even if they are not interested, Two,
I'm sure there are people who, upon getting an Animal Item in a RIG would then be tempted
to try it out, even if they were previously uninterested, and then you end up with new
customers for your non-RIG Items.

==========

Now, Human versions of previously Animal Exclusives. Especially with how quick some
Are released, these really make me feel like you went to your artists and said "We need
animal items for this theme" and then the artists, not having time to create something,
just take some item they were working on for human base, resize it and bam, "new" item.

I feel like this can be detrimental to making Animal Bases a desirable option. After all, if
all people have to do is complain that X item wasn't made for Humans and they will get it;
what's to motivate them to ever use the animal base?

==========

NOTE TO GAIA: If you want this base to be Profitable you need to, one Start releasing more
affordable options that don't require Gaia Cash to buy, such as gold shop and GoFusion
this will entice people currently put off by the high entry price for using the base, some of
whom will then go on to becoming paying customers. Two, start releasing New Animal Items
in Human RIGs again, causing everyone, interested in the base or not, to be a customer for
these items.

Three, stop ignoring us during events. If you regularly release Animal Items for each event,
Perhaps at a 1:5 ratio of Animal:Human Items you will draw attention to the base, and again,
have people who were previously uninterested think they might want to try this or that item out.
The key with this, however is that you can't just make tiny versions of the human sets, they
need to be unique items that humans don't have or people can just use the human version.

Also, here's a thought, while this isn't a plea for more items exactly, maybe include [animal]
food items from Rina's as possible Daily Chance Items, once again for the idea of trying it
because it's there mentality.

All in all, just releasing Items in the cash shop and hoping a lot of people will buy them is not
the way to make a profit in this type of business. I'm far from an economist and even I can see
that. The game/feature needs to be enticing first, then when you have people hooked, they will
want to pay for more.

Finally, Stop ignoring the Dog base! You haven't released any furs for the user chosen base
and even though I personally am not a fan currently that might change if you actually start
releasing some furs. As things stand right now, if you were to have another contest like that
one I wouldn't even be interested, no matter how bad I want to see this or that type of base.
Why? Because I would feel like s**t if I won a contest, only to have my base ignored. Hell, I
remember the winner saying she gave plenty of examples of dog breeds that could be used
as furs, so why haven't we seen any dalmatians or anything yet?

Aside from all of the Above, what I'd really like to see is some balance. A couple months ago
we got so many Mini RIGS that I couldn't keep up and I was frustrated not being able to afford
items I really wanted. As a result, instead of buying any RIGs at all, I was constantly awaiting
a sale that never came, because I had been burned by paying full price only to see a sale a
day later and beating myself up because "If I had just waited I could have gotten 5 instead of 3"

And now we have next to no Items at all being released. This month we have the Loyals and
CrosStitch updates, but then feel spurned on the Beach Party and GoFusion.

So, for some balance I would like to see, ideally, 1-2 Mini Rigs as well as 3-5 Items specifically
for Animals in the Cash shop each month alongside regular inclusion in the gold shop updates,
events, main RIGs and any other things, like GoFusion that you might have in store. (Also,
because I know Alchemists are craving an update to that system, how about a bunch of Brand
new Animal Items there, say, 1-2 for each level? And an achievement for crafting certain animal
items?)

oh my god
you're very well spoken and basically said everything i wanted to say but better lol heart
idek what to say
GAIA LISTEN TO THIS

Lady Pants

As someone who will never, ever, ever, ever use an animal base for any reason except getting the few achievements, it really is unfair that there aren't more animal items being created.
Gaia made these bases and wanted us to use them then quickly curtails it by not making more items available...what a great way to kill off your project there! *thumbs up and rolls eyes*

Slumbering Tengu

Kerry Archer

If I could tip this pst more than once I would emotion_hug
I hadn't even thought about the thing with the dog base until you brought it up
you're right though, perhaps it's because we haven't gotten a skin RIG in a while
but they could certainly release a dog skin outside that couldn't they?

I think the event issue is really that thing that skeeves me too
Would it hurt them to at least make 1 event item for animals?
We get it most people don't use them, but can we at least have 1 item

I'm actually looking forward to the summer event because if it is humans vs animals
at least we'll be guaranteed to get some animal event items gosh darn-nit!
I know I'm siding with animals because minority FTW!

I may not be a forever paws but I'm slowly building up an inventory of cheap animal items I find
I can't afford most of them though because cash reasons and it sucks
but I do like the bases and use them from time to time
We could use more bundles like the ones they had during Bundlemas
the animal Bundlemas bundles were a gosh darn steal

Also an aside but a mouse base would be super cute
augh I didn't even know I wanted it till now but I do crying

Perfect Animal

i hate this poll.
i want to pick both 2 and 3.

i'd like some resizes, but i also want new items!
recolors.. meh.. i'd prefer new stuff to wear.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
bunny booties

and also please fix this thanks
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Needs shorter descriptions, too.

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Cerianne
i hate this poll.
i want to pick both 2 and 3.

i'd like some resizes, but i also want new items!
recolors.. meh.. i'd prefer new stuff to wear.

we have been blessed with a new recolor today as well as yesterday lol
hopefully this will be a step in the right direction!

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Phanna
As someone who will never, ever, ever, ever use an animal base for any reason except getting the few achievements, it really is unfair that there aren't more animal items being created.
Gaia made these bases and wanted us to use them then quickly curtails it by not making more items available...what a great way to kill off your project there! *thumbs up and rolls eyes*

i was thinking that they were gonna kill us off,
but we've gotten two recolors in the past two days
so maybe they're listening?
idk.. i feel silly thinking that we could make a difference emotion_sweatdrop

IRL Noob

Don't feel silly! The staff loves gaia and a lot of them do read this forum, and do try to take the considerations of people here in mind (if it's within their power.) ^u^ For example, I remember reading a few days ago that someone wanted the little jet icon to be up and standing on something in the bg, since he looked like he was floating. Yesterday I noticed they'd moved him! It made it look like he was standing on the stairs in the, hm, barton background? He's been moved around again today.

But anyway, I do hope they release more animal things. I started using the spider bases a little while ago, and I love them! That particular base only looks good with a few items (since the torso area is so covered by all those legs)... so it makes the lack of diversity really apparent.

Another thing I often think is that it must be hard to draw for the animal bases, because they're so small. I mean, the shoes aren't more than a few pixels... the artists have been improving the more they work on the base in terms of visibility though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff