Welcome to Gaia! ::

I told a story with my title! I looked at the GCD, I gave it a big kiss!...but then it rejected me and I became sad.

So, I have been lurking around some different forums recently, (this account was made today but obviously I am an old member :]) and I came across this forum!

Do you all ever feel...left out? I have seen some people saying that they are an "ignored regular" in their sig. Why do people feel ignored? n3n

My discussion is, do you feel like an outsider sometimes on Gaia? Do you want to fit in but just can't seem too? Do you want to be apart of the jokes, the guilds, the drama, and the love but feel that you are only ignored?

Why do we ignore people online and worship others? Do you think it has a lot to do with personality, or is more to do with assertiveness, the drive and the will to "succeed"?

In my wanderings, I see that the people who say loudly and proudly that they are "popular" get what they want. They get the recognition whether it is good or bad.

So how many of you stick up for the "little people"? How many of you will give a struggling regular the time of day? How many of you would push elitism away to help newcomers? And now how many of you are answering me honestly....

I seem to have rambled on for a time, so let us discuss my questions n3n
haha. i tend to be ignored sometimes.
but i actually accept newcomers
>_<;
Jamie Bear Rawr
>_<;

Well that is good to know. I don't believe that people should be ignored only because they aren't popular, but it seems to be the trend.
Magic Veritas
Jamie Bear Rawr
>_<;

Well that is good to know. I don't believe that people should be ignored only because they aren't popular, but it seems to be the trend.

hehe yeah (:
but welcome to the GCD
Jamie Bear Rawr
Magic Veritas
Jamie Bear Rawr
>_<;

hehe yeah (:
but welcome to the GCD

Well thank you! It is good to be finally settling down somewhere n3n
I'm actually pretty new to the GCD, some of my posts are ignored. But most of them get posts. I'm never sure what to post though, so I jog my brain and try to think of a clever title and a good post. It works, I just hope one day I'm more well known. heart

Tipsy Sleuth

3,275 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I think that GCD ignores people because we like to follow the more popular GCDers, and post in the threads that they make rather than our own because we feel inadequate, and then we just like... Make them the ASB of the GCD, and people just listen to what they have to say with seemingly little input.

But ya, I tend to ignore everyone. Which makes people ignore me. o3o But Ilu gais, 'secially you newbies to the GCD because you make it spicy.

SPICY LIKE CHICKEN! YAY!!

-Is shot- emo
Elitism is more fun if you've convinced yourself that you're only pretending it.

But being shunned is no fun. No fun at all.

It is natural man that has convinced us that we are better than others, and that we must prove it my stepping on them and outcasting them.

But not everyone needs to listen.

Also... Sparkle-swirly-jungle pants.

And we were all new. Let them earn their keep, but give them the little push they need in the right direction.

OMG, its the little people that make the world go round *is pro-lurker participation in threads!*

I can respect some prommies, and I am familiar with a few faces from around here (as there are a few with my face) but in no way am I super popular. On the other side of that same coin, though, in no way do I feel left out. I have my group of friends inside and outside the GCD on Gaia, and that is what matters most to me!

I only pay attention to nice and/or intelligent people. Prominence is never a factor with me; if you aren't nice or can't provide a decent conversation, I don't care how many '03 items you have on.
Just as you need charisma in real life, so do you need it on Gaia.
That or lie your pixelated butt off.

Whichever works.
I figured out your main. ninja

People feel ignored because they let all this popularity hype get to them. And once people feel that they are no longer "ignored" they think it's special and tries to put an extra unneeded emphasis on being "regular." And by doing that, they make sure that the "ignored" users feel ignored. Thus promoting the cycle. At least that's what I have assumed from what I've seen while being here.

Who knows, it might be a hallucination. Maybe it's all in our heads.
Mansex in a Box
I think that GCD ignores people because we like to follow the more popular GCDers, and post in the threads that they make rather than our own because we feel inadequate, and then we just like... Make them the ASB of the GCD, and people just listen to what they have to say with seemingly little input.

But ya, I tend to ignore everyone. Which makes people ignore me. o3o But Ilu gais, 'secially you newbies to the GCD because you make it spicy.

SPICY LIKE CHICKEN! YAY!!

-Is shot- emo

DX Well....I am glad to add some spice to your life xD

@dizz- I don't think it is hard to be well-known...to me it seems all you have to do is post a lot and pretend that you ARE popular xD

@Lurker- I think more people should turn out that natural man...n3n
Magic Veritas
I think more people should turn out that natural man...n3n
I like him. We play poker every fourth Thursday.

But he cheats. So I cut off his toes.
You've got to think, breath, shower, sleep popular. Though that sounds as if you have to bed with the Prommies and popular GCD'ers. xd

Kawaii Shoujo

18,400 Points
  • Hero 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't usually feel ignored in the GCD ^^;; Probably the reason is that I've been a GCDer for over a year and a half and I have Minis *shrug* I'm not gonna lie, having expensive items probably does help. That being said, people skip over my posts all the time. Lots of my posts in the GCD don't get replies. The GCD as a whole has a problem with posting and running. Not that many people get replied to, no matter who you are. It's sad, but true. Before putting blame on a lot of users who probably aren't causing anyone to be ignored, I think we should realize that most people just respond to the OP and not other posts in a thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff