• Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Sindeira
TheRob
Sindeira
Breaking Bad love for all~

I've actually never seen the show. redface

This series demonstrates how drug production is a lot more lucrative than teaching. The show has more depth and character development, of course, but this is the overall premise and tonight's the series finale.
I always seem to get into shows after they stop airing new episodes. emotion_eyebrow

Dangerous Sex Symbol

oh my god this item is magic and does not help with the withdrawal i'm experiencing now that the show has ended aaaghhhhhhhhhh i love you gaia sad

Tricky Treasure

The special love I had for yooooou
MY BABY BLUE

I can't help but see buckteeth in the item thumbnail

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
interesting grant
ty for the link :3

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jisen Meizuki
Jisen Meizuki
Icysnowgirl
August Star Of Heaven
Icysnowgirl
Jisen Meizuki
I will admit that I know it has to be related to the show since her clue is quite obvious to hint. However, I can't tell which show is it since I haven't watch tv for over a year. sweatdrop

But anyway, the item is quite nice. Dunno if I can find any use to it, but I'll see if I can.
There is always a use for bloody money....! ninja
or tightly whiteys xd
I want to host a thread party where everyone has to be wearing these tighty whiteys. lol

I like to see someone trying to achieve Hive Mind, using tighty whiteys. ninja
If only I had that achievement unlocked! xp

Bana Banana
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
oh gosh I'm sorry, I totally forgot that there are people here who haven't caught up. @__@; But sure, I'd love to know your reactions too once you start watching seasons 4 and 5 biggrin

aww well the good thing about this show is that you get to see a lot of different sides to the characters :3

Yeah, it's a pretty great scene but you'll have to watch to know more~~
That's totally ok! I'm always late with these kind of things. XD;;; I still need to watch The Matrix for pete's sake! @___@;;;;

Kyaaa~!! I feel like, there ought to be a place where we can talk about Breaking Bad as well. XD There's probably a thread in the Entertainment forum... But I'm too scared of spoilers to even look in there right now. gonk As it is, I have to avoid FB for a while!

I love that about shows and books. heart It really shows how people react different to different settings, environments, and other people. Like, the scene where Jesse was choking out Walt after Walt accused him of being a worthless druggie right after his fight with his wife? I NEVER saw that coming!!

I can't wait! X3 Was it as good as the scene where Walt scares Crazy 8 with the flashbomb? -kirakira- Cuz that was pretty freakin' fantastic!
Hmm there's a thread or two in the Entertainment forum and more in the Fall 2013 TV forum but honestly, I don't really go there that much. Too much Skyler hate and Walt worship for me. xp And yeah, I'd steer clear of forums until you catch up. This show is more fun when you have no idea what to expect.

I think that's why I like BrBa so much. It's got so many layers, just like a really good book. It's kinda ruined tv in general for me lol

Wait, Krazy 8 or Tuco? I'm blanking out right now and haven't watched those episodes in a long while. @__@; But if it's the scene I think you're talking about, it's kinda hard to compare the two. The bomb scene's more action oriented and the other is a chilling monologue. razz
Yea, the person I watch it with definitely piles on the Skyler hate. I'm really not quite sure why. I think she's reacting and behaving in a totally believable way given the situation she's found herself in. I find her to be one of the most sympathetic characters in the show. But when I try to voice that, I've been shot down and told that she gossips too much and is childish in her reactions. gonk I'm not quite sure why anyone would worship Walt, even on Season 3. O_o;

It is! It is exactly like a really good book only in TV form! This is the show that other TV shows wish they could be! @-@ <3 Especially considering it didn't start as a book.

Tuco. I got confused. XD Oh man. Chilling monologue = <3333!
I have my theories but I don't get it either. D: The show's creator has stood up for Skyler a lot though so that at least is a relief. :3
I haven't noticed that many people who put Walt on a pedestal here but then again I'm not looking that hard. On other sites though? Ugh @__@; People defend his every action and say that the end justifies the means and it's just weird to me.

Agreed! I just love how everything is deliberate and you can tell the writers really planned it out well.

omg go catch up cause the best has yet to come heart
What are some of your theories as to why everyone hates Skyler? And yay for the creator standing up for the woman who has a lot of stuff on her plate and responds as any human would! Yuck... >< I think half of the appeal of Breaking Bad is seeing how once you start making excuses/accepting a certain behavior, it becomes easier to accept the next level. It's about the importance of standards and how even people you wouldn't think could become violent/corrupt can.

I can't think of another TV that was this well written! gonk heart Maybe Firefly? lol

I'm waiting for when I can see my supplier again. xp I'm sure we'll end up watching a good 6-8 hours more of the series when we meet up again. ninja

Ratttking
Ratttking
Icysnowgirl
Ratttking
Yes, William the b*****d conquered England, but his wife was Matilda of Flanders. Eleanor lived over a century later, and the English king to whom she was married was Henry II. She was previously married to a French king...one of the many named Louis.

French ceased to be the official English court language in the latter part of the 14th century. At that point, Middle English was the country's main language. You re probably familiar with it through reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in school; although most only teach the Prologue in the original.
Ahhh, thank you for clearing that up for me! surprised I always got this part of history really confused. sweatdrop

I honestly don't think I learned the Canterbury Tales at school. Or if I did, it was during a class I zoned out of. redface

You seem to know a lot about this subject, was it your major or just an interest of yours?

Ratttking
You've got me wondering, I thought it was a rare chance item. There probably is, maybe you could ask in Q&A if there is a list of artists and their work.

NP. I love secret poses. My fave is in Prince of the Sea, my BF bought it just for that pose, and since that item is not cheap at all, I'll tell you what it is: the mermaid turns into a schoolgirl in a sailor suit when you kneel down. 4laugh It's the last pose in the set if you want to see it.
I'll have to check the forums on my commute tomorrow. ninja It seems like there would be this kind of topic made already, you know?

I hadn't even realized they started making such things! whee

I'll check it out in the MP! surprised

And omg. When I found the secret pose for the Tourist Hat, I squealed outloud! rofl I was so surprised! eek
History is an interest, I majored in English. It's more than understandable if you have trouble keeping the names of monarchs straight; England had 8 kings named Henry, 11 named Edward (3 before and 8 after the conquest) and France had 18 named Louis.

LOL, well, Chaucer technically was writing in a different language, although Middle English is still fairly intelligible to us, so if you zoned out I see why. Some of the Tales are quite funny, you might want to read them in translation if you get the chance.

There are other secret poses too, Reve Rouille has one, I'm not sure of the others. It must be a pain finding them in items with that many poses. I have a friend with a huge crush on Benedict Cumberbatch - the man in Tourist Hat - and I'll bet she squealed louder. xd
I see! surprised And yes, I don't understand why everyone keeps naming each other the same darn names. gonk It makes it feel like the individual is far less important than the past person was. ><;

Oh my gosh, really? eek Is Middle English really considered a completely different language? And I'll have to look into that. 3nodding

Oh wow! It's so cool that Gaia started doing secret poses! whee heart And I bet. X3

Platonix
Platonix
Icysnowgirl
Ratttking
Icysnowgirl
Ratttking
She's a big Sherlock fan, so that is how we ended up with Nice Suit For Work and Tourist Hat, the latter of which has a secret pose. I wonder if this does too.
I've heard that is a really good show too! surprised I thought Nice Suit For Work was an Alchemy item?
Is it from alchemy? Anyway, I was told it was reapersun's artwork, and the items are most definitely copies of Sherlock's outfit.
No clue, but it looks super expensive in the Exchange, so I thought that it must be an Alchemy item from the prices I was seeing! @__@;; Is there an item list that show the different items made by different artists? That would be amazing! eek
For the record...yes, Nice Suit for Work is an item that's made through Alchemy. It's the male version of the Nice Style For Work item that came out years ago as a RIG prize, and because reapersun was the one who made it she added Sherlock-related poses to it for the heck of it.
Thank you so much for clearing this up! emotion_hug emotion_bigheart

There! I think I caught up with all the quotes! Now to see if there was anything in this thread that I ought to respond to. sweatdrop

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
That's totally ok! I'm always late with these kind of things. XD;;; I still need to watch The Matrix for pete's sake! @___@;;;;

Kyaaa~!! I feel like, there ought to be a place where we can talk about Breaking Bad as well. XD There's probably a thread in the Entertainment forum... But I'm too scared of spoilers to even look in there right now. gonk As it is, I have to avoid FB for a while!

I love that about shows and books. heart It really shows how people react different to different settings, environments, and other people. Like, the scene where Jesse was choking out Walt after Walt accused him of being a worthless druggie right after his fight with his wife? I NEVER saw that coming!!

I can't wait! X3 Was it as good as the scene where Walt scares Crazy 8 with the flashbomb? -kirakira- Cuz that was pretty freakin' fantastic!
Hmm there's a thread or two in the Entertainment forum and more in the Fall 2013 TV forum but honestly, I don't really go there that much. Too much Skyler hate and Walt worship for me. xp And yeah, I'd steer clear of forums until you catch up. This show is more fun when you have no idea what to expect.

I think that's why I like BrBa so much. It's got so many layers, just like a really good book. It's kinda ruined tv in general for me lol

Wait, Krazy 8 or Tuco? I'm blanking out right now and haven't watched those episodes in a long while. @__@; But if it's the scene I think you're talking about, it's kinda hard to compare the two. The bomb scene's more action oriented and the other is a chilling monologue. razz
Yea, the person I watch it with definitely piles on the Skyler hate. I'm really not quite sure why. I think she's reacting and behaving in a totally believable way given the situation she's found herself in. I find her to be one of the most sympathetic characters in the show. But when I try to voice that, I've been shot down and told that she gossips too much and is childish in her reactions. gonk I'm not quite sure why anyone would worship Walt, even on Season 3. O_o;

It is! It is exactly like a really good book only in TV form! This is the show that other TV shows wish they could be! @-@ <3 Especially considering it didn't start as a book.

Tuco. I got confused. XD Oh man. Chilling monologue = <3333!
I have my theories but I don't get it either. D: The show's creator has stood up for Skyler a lot though so that at least is a relief. :3
I haven't noticed that many people who put Walt on a pedestal here but then again I'm not looking that hard. On other sites though? Ugh @__@; People defend his every action and say that the end justifies the means and it's just weird to me.

Agreed! I just love how everything is deliberate and you can tell the writers really planned it out well.

omg go catch up cause the best has yet to come heart
What are some of your theories as to why everyone hates Skyler? And yay for the creator standing up for the woman who has a lot of stuff on her plate and responds as any human would! Yuck... >< I think half of the appeal of Breaking Bad is seeing how once you start making excuses/accepting a certain behavior, it becomes easier to accept the next level. It's about the importance of standards and how even people you wouldn't think could become violent/corrupt can.

I can't think of another TV that was this well written! gonk heart Maybe Firefly? lol

I'm waiting for when I can see my supplier again. xp I'm sure we'll end up watching a good 6-8 hours more of the series when we meet up again. ninja
Late reply is super late. >__>;

I think some just hate her because they're on Walt's side and they think she's just getting in his way/part of why he feels unfulfilled, but in for fandom in general I see a lot of criticism and hate towards female characters, or at least ones that aren't perceived as strong and/or capable of taking care of themselves. I didn't like her when she was smoking while pregnant, but I don't think she deserves to be crucified for that or having an affair with Ted when other characters have done far worse and are loved because of or in spite of it.

That's very true about making excuses/accepting a certain behavior, it's still a major part of the story and Walt's character in the rest of the seasons. :3

I haven't seen Firefly but I know people really love that show! I've heard The Wire is an even better show than this but I never watched past the first two episodes. I'm definitely going to get around to it eventually~

XD I don't know how you can wait that long! You're lucky you get to marathon it and not wait a week between episodes though. lol

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Glad I got the grant too.

Lily-livered Vegetarian

30,415 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
This was a really awesome freebie item. heart

Shadowy Rogue

12,240 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
These item grants are fun. I know the Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Hannibal ones also ... are there any other ones that I missed?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff