< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
oh gosh I'm sorry, I totally forgot that there are people here who haven't caught up. @__@; But sure, I'd love to know your reactions too once you start watching seasons 4 and 5 biggrin

aww well the good thing about this show is that you get to see a lot of different sides to the characters :3

Yeah, it's a pretty great scene but you'll have to watch to know more~~
That's totally ok! I'm always late with these kind of things. XD;;; I still need to watch The Matrix for pete's sake! @___@;;;;

Kyaaa~!! I feel like, there ought to be a place where we can talk about Breaking Bad as well. XD There's probably a thread in the Entertainment forum... But I'm too scared of spoilers to even look in there right now. gonk As it is, I have to avoid FB for a while!

I love that about shows and books. heart It really shows how people react different to different settings, environments, and other people. Like, the scene where Jesse was choking out Walt after Walt accused him of being a worthless druggie right after his fight with his wife? I NEVER saw that coming!!

I can't wait! X3 Was it as good as the scene where Walt scares Crazy 8 with the flashbomb? -kirakira- Cuz that was pretty freakin' fantastic!

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking
Icysnowgirl

Ratttking
She's a big Sherlock fan, so that is how we ended up with Nice Suit For Work and Tourist Hat, the latter of which has a secret pose. I wonder if this does too.
I've heard that is a really good show too! surprised I thought Nice Suit For Work was an Alchemy item?

Oh my goodness! What on earth is a secret pose!??!
Is it from alchemy? Anyway, I was told it was reapersun's artwork, and the items are most definitely copies of Sherlock's outfit.

The secret pose for Tourist Hat is not shown in the box which has the different poses, for that one you put on the hat pose and choose a different arm position for your avi and...the secret appears! I'll let you find out, it's a really cheap item but very cool.

edit: Oh yes, it is a really great show. I've been a fan of SH since I was a teen and this is a fantastic modern adaptation.
No clue, but it looks super expensive in the Exchange, so I thought that it must be an Alchemy item from the prices I was seeing! @__@;; Is there an item list that show the different items made by different artists? That would be amazing! eek

Kyaaaa~!! I'll go buy myself a Tourist Hat and play around with it some time. ninja heart Thank you for letting me know about the Secret Pose! whee heart

Neato! surprised I'll admit, the only SH I've really experienced are the old stories in my dad's library and the Disney adaption with mice. <___<;;;;

Destitute Animal

Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable
I'm not sure on how early it was, but there was an extended period of time when French was the main language, which is why we have pork/pig, beef/cow. But I haven't done linguistics other than 1 semester in my first year of uni, so I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable person about these things =P

I watched the first episode and I have seen snippets of jokes from the rest of it, but it didn't really grab me. I have been told that it really built up momentum and that the first episodes may seem to not be as great as the rest but that's a lot of time and effort to dedicate to something I may not like. (thank you!)
There's actually a great Youtube link called The History of English! It's a 10 minute clip in its entirety, and it is black and white animated. It goes into the whole pork/pig and beef/cow thing! I really recommend watching it. 3nodding If my internet didn't suck so much, I'd look it up for you and post it here. gonk

I really regret never taking any linguistics classes at university. I think I would have had a joygasm every class. heart heart gonk heart heart

Yea, it didn't grab me at first either. And with the subject at hand, I was really uncomfortable watching it, because it hit too close to home in some ways. Thankfully, someone who is amazing and close to me really pushed me to watch it with them. heart I'm now addicted, but they are my only source for the show, so I have to wait until we can hang out again to see the rest! xd

Omg, awkward older people having sexytimes scene first episode!! Enough to turn off half of the viewers! D:

And I agree, it can be a lot of time and energy to devote to something you might not like. I think it was either episode 3 or 4 that I got hooked, so about the space of an average movie. I think if they don't have you hooked by then, it is safe to let it pass. 3nodding (no problem! X3)
I think I may have seen it since it sounds vaguely familiar, but I'd have to watch it to be sure.

You didn't miss out on much. I can't say it was particularly interesting and the only good class was when we were discussing swearing so we spent a good several minutes shouting out swears in all the languages we knew. Only good time in the whole thing.

The cancer thing doesn't really hit home from me because I've been fairly removed from my friends who have died from cancer, but the whole drug things and discussions have always amused my law studies mates, so I feel like I would enjoy it and some clips are really funny, but the whole package seems a bit lacklustre.

I don't even remember that. However, I find films which purposefully make awkward sex scenes, so that does not stand out at all because it was pretty normal (from what I can remember by scratching the far recesses of my brain for a memory).

I may give another crack for the series this summer, but I doubt it because I find dedicating time for a mini-series hard to stomach, let alone a series with 5 or 6 seasons.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Icysnowgirl
Ratttking
France was the first country to use the metric system in the late 1790s, but it was conceived a century before by men from Flanders and England. Early English royalty spoke Anglo-Saxon aka Old English. For a few centuries after the Norman Conquest, Norman French was the preferred court language.
Oh my goodness! I had no idea that the metric system was conceived a century before by men from Flanders and England! That's quite interesting! whee

The Norman Conquest was with William the Conqueror, right? Wasn't he married to Eleanor of Aquitaine? Any idea when French cycled out?
Yes, William the b*****d conquered England, but his wife was Matilda of Flanders. Eleanor lived over a century later, and the English king to whom she was married was Henry II. She was previously married to a French king...one of the many named Louis.

French ceased to be the official English court language in the latter part of the 14th century. At that point, Middle English was the country's main language. You re probably familiar with it through reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in school; although most only teach the Prologue in the original.

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Icysnowgirl
Stillllllllllllllllllllll loading. <_< Dang you, slow internets!

Thank you. ><; This site and the communities I've found on it got me through a lot of the pain and shock of the period. In a way, watching this show is both healing and educational, because I can understand a bit better what my father was going through at the time. I had just started college the year he went through all his treatment, so my parents hid from me a lot of the realities of cancer treatment. My mom did keep pounding into my head that he had only a 5% chance of surviving and that I should make good use of the time I have with him now just in case.

But still, it was always a huge shock for me whenever I came home and hugged my dad. How much thinner he would be each time I visited, how much frailer. How moody and upset he was. It was like the man I always knew as my father had been half replaced.

Now he's doing much better though. :3 He really liked Breaking Bad himself! Though I remember him complaining that they don't do enough chemistry in the show any more. XD He's such a science nerd. I bet his favorite parts were all of the times Walter was teaching Chemistry in one way or another! X3

Come onnn internet load faster! Icy needs her Blue!

It truly is an educational show. I can relate in a similar way with my own father; not necessarily that he has cancer, but the general misunderstandings and problems in family/married life. I think I've grown to understand and appreciate my parents more after watching Breaking Bad.

That's really good to hear! Haha he must've really gotten a kick out of the show!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Icysnowgirl
Ratttking
Icysnowgirl

Ratttking
She's a big Sherlock fan, so that is how we ended up with Nice Suit For Work and Tourist Hat, the latter of which has a secret pose. I wonder if this does too.
I've heard that is a really good show too! surprised I thought Nice Suit For Work was an Alchemy item?

Oh my goodness! What on earth is a secret pose!??!
Is it from alchemy? Anyway, I was told it was reapersun's artwork, and the items are most definitely copies of Sherlock's outfit.

The secret pose for Tourist Hat is not shown in the box which has the different poses, for that one you put on the hat pose and choose a different arm position for your avi and...the secret appears! I'll let you find out, it's a really cheap item but very cool.

edit: Oh yes, it is a really great show. I've been a fan of SH since I was a teen and this is a fantastic modern adaptation.
No clue, but it looks super expensive in the Exchange, so I thought that it must be an Alchemy item from the prices I was seeing! @__@;; Is there an item list that show the different items made by different artists? That would be amazing! eek

Kyaaaa~!! I'll go buy myself a Tourist Hat and play around with it some time. ninja heart Thank you for letting me know about the Secret Pose! whee heart

Neato! surprised I'll admit, the only SH I've really experienced are the old stories in my dad's library and the Disney adaption with mice. <___<;;;;
You've got me wondering, I thought it was a rare chance item. There probably is, maybe you could ask in Q&A if there is a list of artists and their work.

NP. I love secret poses. My fave is in Prince of the Sea, my BF bought it just for that pose, and since that item is not cheap at all, I'll tell you what it is: the mermaid turns into a schoolgirl in a sailor suit when you kneel down. 4laugh It's the last pose in the set if you want to see it.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Matthew Cable
I think I may have seen it since it sounds vaguely familiar, but I'd have to watch it to be sure.

You didn't miss out on much. I can't say it was particularly interesting and the only good class was when we were discussing swearing so we spent a good several minutes shouting out swears in all the languages we knew. Only good time in the whole thing.

The cancer thing doesn't really hit home from me because I've been fairly removed from my friends who have died from cancer, but the whole drug things and discussions have always amused my law studies mates, so I feel like I would enjoy it and some clips are really funny, but the whole package seems a bit lacklustre.

I don't even remember that. However, I find films which purposefully make awkward sex scenes, so that does not stand out at all because it was pretty normal (from what I can remember by scratching the far recesses of my brain for a memory).

I may give another crack for the series this summer, but I doubt it because I find dedicating time for a mini-series hard to stomach, let alone a series with 5 or 6 seasons.
Please let me know if you end up watching it! surprised

Hahahaha, that sounds really fun! whee I'm a bit in awe of languages in general and people who can speak more than one. emotion_kirakira The quickest way to impress me is to either bust out another language or teach me something about a language that I didn't already know. Words are magical. heart

Different strokes for different folks. 3nodding I am easily interested in characters and plots, so it isn't hard to get me hooked. But I doubt I would have half of the emotional response that I do if it wasn't for some of my personal life experiences.

Hahahaha! What other films have you seen with those kind of scenes? X3

I have trouble finding time to watch shows too. That's why I need a friend who will sit me down and watch it with me, whether it be dramas, cartoons, or anime. Luckily, I always seem to have a friend like that in my life at any given year. whee

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nii Amikasame
Come onnn internet load faster! Icy needs her Blue!

It truly is an educational show. I can relate in a similar way with my own father; not necessarily that he has cancer, but the general misunderstandings and problems in family/married life. I think I've grown to understand and appreciate my parents more after watching Breaking Bad.

That's really good to hear! Haha he must've really gotten a kick out of the show!
ohmygod. I love it. I love all of the items in this. So much. XDDDDDD

That's wonderful! whee Yea, I really feel like the older I've gotten, the more I can sympathize and understand my parents. It's scary to think back on how difficult it was to understand them when I was younger! eek

I think he did. X3 I'll have to ask him what he thought of it after I finally catch up. ninja

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking
Yes, William the b*****d conquered England, but his wife was Matilda of Flanders. Eleanor lived over a century later, and the English king to whom she was married was Henry II. She was previously married to a French king...one of the many named Louis.

French ceased to be the official English court language in the latter part of the 14th century. At that point, Middle English was the country's main language. You re probably familiar with it through reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in school; although most only teach the Prologue in the original.
Ahhh, thank you for clearing that up for me! surprised I always got this part of history really confused. sweatdrop

I honestly don't think I learned the Canterbury Tales at school. Or if I did, it was during a class I zoned out of. redface

You seem to know a lot about this subject, was it your major or just an interest of yours?

Ratttking
You've got me wondering, I thought it was a rare chance item. There probably is, maybe you could ask in Q&A if there is a list of artists and their work.

NP. I love secret poses. My fave is in Prince of the Sea, my BF bought it just for that pose, and since that item is not cheap at all, I'll tell you what it is: the mermaid turns into a schoolgirl in a sailor suit when you kneel down. 4laugh It's the last pose in the set if you want to see it.
I'll have to check the forums on my commute tomorrow. ninja It seems like there would be this kind of topic made already, you know?

I hadn't even realized they started making such things! whee

I'll check it out in the MP! surprised

And omg. When I found the secret pose for the Tourist Hat, I squealed outloud! rofl I was so surprised! eek

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
oh gosh I'm sorry, I totally forgot that there are people here who haven't caught up. @__@; But sure, I'd love to know your reactions too once you start watching seasons 4 and 5 biggrin

aww well the good thing about this show is that you get to see a lot of different sides to the characters :3

That's totally ok! I'm always late with these kind of things. XD;;; I still need to watch The Matrix for pete's sake! @___@;;;;

Kyaaa~!! I feel like, there ought to be a place where we can talk about Breaking Bad as well. XD There's probably a thread in the Entertainment forum... But I'm too scared of spoilers to even look in there right now. gonk As it is, I have to avoid FB for a while!

I love that about shows and books. heart It really shows how people react different to different settings, environments, and other people. Like, the scene where Jesse was choking out Walt after Walt accused him of being a worthless druggie right after his fight with his wife? I NEVER saw that coming!!

I can't wait! X3 Was it as good as the scene where Walt scares Crazy 8 with the flashbomb? -kirakira- Cuz that was pretty freakin' fantastic!
Hmm there's a thread or two in the Entertainment forum and more in the Fall 2013 TV forum but honestly, I don't really go there that much. Too much Skyler hate and Walt worship for me. xp And yeah, I'd steer clear of forums until you catch up. This show is more fun when you have no idea what to expect.

I think that's why I like BrBa so much. It's got so many layers, just like a really good book. It's kinda ruined tv in general for me lol

Wait, Krazy 8 or Tuco? I'm blanking out right now and haven't watched those episodes in a long while. @__@; But if it's the scene I think you're talking about, it's kinda hard to compare the two. The bomb scene's more action oriented and the other is a chilling monologue. razz

Destitute Animal

Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable

Please let me know if you end up watching it! surprised

Hahahaha, that sounds really fun! whee I'm a bit in awe of languages in general and people who can speak more than one. emotion_kirakira The quickest way to impress me is to either bust out another language or teach me something about a language that I didn't already know. Words are magical. heart

Different strokes for different folks. 3nodding I am easily interested in characters and plots, so it isn't hard to get me hooked. But I doubt I would have half of the emotional response that I do if it wasn't for some of my personal life experiences.

Hahahaha! What other films have you seen with those kind of scenes? X3

I have trouble finding time to watch shows too. That's why I need a friend who will sit me down and watch it with me, whether it be dramas, cartoons, or anime. Luckily, I always seem to have a friend like that in my life at any given year. whee
I love characters and plots too, and I love a good crime flick, but somehow Breaking Bad didn't cut it for me in the first episode. Maybe it was just the main character. I expected him to be bald, he had hair, it was a disappointment. But generally it just didn't gel for me.

Well, nothing like that specifically comes to mind (rewatched it, it's just a handjob, and under the sheets so it's pretty forgettable), but I've seen plain disturbing and I've seen deliberately awkward to be amusing – actors varyingly being 30s to 70s(?). It doesn't bug me. It's a plot point. Sex happens. 'Once Were Warriors' and 'Precious' strike me as ones that were disturbing but otherwise it's just a part of the movie with no special meaning to me so I forget. Awkward teenage sex scenes bug me much more. What was in Breaking Bad was pretty much the same to me as 'A Home At The End Of The World'. Sure there's a great difference in age between that and BB, but it doesn't bug me one iota. But America has pretty brutal censorship on sexual content, so I'm not surprised that's an American response. That would easily be a PG scene across Europe, can't say the same for America.

I always make time to watch a movie. I try to get one about once a week. My track record is actually much better than that (probably 4 a week this year), but I definitely enjoy binging. If I'm sick, I watch 4 in a row, so considering I'm generally sick for at least two days, I get 8 in two days. I have a problem XD Pretty much I'm the friend people go to so they can watch a movie. It helps that I've got quite a big stash of quality films for people to choose from.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl
Bana Banana
Icysnowgirl

Hmm there's a thread or two in the Entertainment forum and more in the Fall 2013 TV forum but honestly, I don't really go there that much. Too much Skyler hate and Walt worship for me. xp And yeah, I'd steer clear of forums until you catch up. This show is more fun when you have no idea what to expect.

I think that's why I like BrBa so much. It's got so many layers, just like a really good book. It's kinda ruined tv in general for me lol

Wait, Krazy 8 or Tuco? I'm blanking out right now and haven't watched those episodes in a long while. @__@; But if it's the scene I think you're talking about, it's kinda hard to compare the two. The bomb scene's more action oriented and the other is a chilling monologue. razz
Yea, the person I watch it with definitely piles on the Skyler hate. I'm really not quite sure why. I think she's reacting and behaving in a totally believable way given the situation she's found herself in. I find her to be one of the most sympathetic characters in the show. But when I try to voice that, I've been shot down and told that she gossips too much and is childish in her reactions. gonk I'm not quite sure why anyone would worship Walt, even on Season 3. O_o;

It is! It is exactly like a really good book only in TV form! This is the show that other TV shows wish they could be! @-@ <3 Especially considering it didn't start as a book.

Tuco. I got confused. XD Oh man. Chilling monologue = <3333!

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Matthew Cable
I love characters and plots too, and I love a good crime flick, but somehow Breaking Bad didn't cut it for me in the first episode. Maybe it was just the main character. I expected him to be bald, he had hair, it was a disappointment. But generally it just didn't gel for me.

Well, nothing like that specifically comes to mind (rewatched it, it's just a handjob, and under the sheets so it's pretty forgettable), but I've seen plain disturbing and I've seen deliberately awkward to be amusing – actors varyingly being 30s to 70s(?). It doesn't bug me. It's a plot point. Sex happens. 'Once Were Warriors' and 'Precious' strike me as ones that were disturbing but otherwise it's just a part of the movie with no special meaning to me so I forget. Awkward teenage sex scenes bug me much more. What was in Breaking Bad was pretty much the same to me as 'A Home At The End Of The World'. Sure there's a great difference in age between that and BB, but it doesn't bug me one iota. But America has pretty brutal censorship on sexual content, so I'm not surprised that's an American response. That would easily be a PG scene across Europe, can't say the same for America.

I always make time to watch a movie. I try to get one about once a week. My track record is actually much better than that (probably 4 a week this year), but I definitely enjoy binging. If I'm sick, I watch 4 in a row, so considering I'm generally sick for at least two days, I get 8 in two days. I have a problem XD Pretty much I'm the friend people go to so they can watch a movie. It helps that I've got quite a big stash of quality films for people to choose from.
Ah, well, he hadn't started Chemo yet. sweatdrop That doesn't really happen until the third or fourth episode. 3nodding

Oh, I think I was talking about the end of episode 1/start of episode 2. It's a bit more graphic than a handjob. <____<;;;;; I don't know either of those movies! o: I'll have to check them out if nothing more than for the awkwardness. XD Yea.... I never know what to make of teenage sex scenes. >_<;; While it *is* happening in the real world, I cannot help but feel that putting it on the telly might give some messages that are better avoided in media and more put within a community setting. America is pretty strict about what is and isn't allowed on TV when it is sexual. But for some reasons, boobs are more ok than p***s and god forbid you ever saw a labia. @_@;

Nice! whee Do you have any particular genres you tend to watch while sick or do you have a list of movies to go through that you pick up once you are sick/time to watch your weekly movie? Oh man! What country do you live? I want to make friends with you! surprised ninja

Destitute Animal

Icysnowgirl
Ah, well, he hadn't started Chemo yet. sweatdrop That doesn't really happen until the third or fourth episode. 3nodding

Oh, I think I was talking about the end of episode 1/start of episode 2. It's a bit more graphic than a handjob. <____<;;;;; I don't know either of those movies! o: I'll have to check them out if nothing more than for the awkwardness. XD Yea.... I never know what to make of teenage sex scenes. >_<;; While it *is* happening in the real world, I cannot help but feel that putting it on the telly might give some messages that are better avoided in media and more put within a community setting. America is pretty strict about what is and isn't allowed on TV when it is sexual. But for some reasons, boobs are more ok than p***s and god forbid you ever saw a labia. @_@;

Nice! whee Do you have any particular genres you tend to watch while sick or do you have a list of movies to go through that you pick up once you are sick/time to watch your weekly movie? Oh man! What country do you live? I want to make friends with you! surprised ninja
I have to wait three episodes for him to not have hair?! That sounds like a lot of commitment. I want that bald head, epic beard combo.

Okay, well I looked at the end of ep 1, still not really fancy. 'Dogtooth' comes to mind as one which I have been told allegedly had the actors actually going at it. But my brother may have told me that, and I don't trust my brother on these things. But I mean, 'Game of Thrones' or 'House of Cards' seem to have some more graphic things than that if we're talking about American series. 'House of Cards' has the main character eating a chick out who's half his age while she's talking to her dad on the phone. I'd think that goes above that scene in BB by a long way. Showing sex is fine, as long as people are learning about safe sex. What I hear about the American sex ed system is that they still preach 'withdrawal' as the safest thing in some places, which is just cringeworthy. Sex ed > influence of showing sex in films. And really film has nothing on porn, which is widely and freely available for anyone who wants it.
I have seen many more a labia in film than a p***s. Apparently men are more bashful (or I'm watching the wrong movies).

I have a list of films I intend to watch, which currently sits at 201, which is really annoying for me because I don't like that list going over 200. I have 8 movies on my computer I haven't watched yet. In my defence, about 50 films on that list haven't been released yet and probably another 10 haven't had a wide release (aka, only have had premieres at film festivals) and another 10 haven't made it to blu-ray. Still, that's sort of the nature of film. There's always more to watch. I have watched on average about 85 or so films released each year since 2004 and I have watched films from before then.

My selection process for things that get on the list involve: is there an actor I like in it (e.g. Cate Blanchett), is the director someone I like (e.g. Ridley Scott), is the writer someone I like (e.g. David Michôd), has it won awards, is its critic rating high, is its imdb rating high. Generally that is my order of analysis. I give a lot of kudos to actors in my judgement because even if the movie is horrible, I'll probably enjoy their performance, directors will make it look pretty, writers can actually make it awesome but producers and directors have such a big say that their idea may be killed, and then what other people thought of the film takes a real backseat because most of the time my favourite films have been panned by critics or viewers or both, so I don't let it bug me.

I'm pretty sure I answered the 'where do you live' question before: Aus.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Matthew Cable
Icysnowgirl

I have to wait three episodes for him to not have hair?! That sounds like a lot of commitment. I want that bald head, epic beard combo.

Okay, well I looked at the end of ep 1, still not really fancy. 'Dogtooth' comes to mind as one which I have been told allegedly had the actors actually going at it. But my brother may have told me that, and I don't trust my brother on these things. But I mean, 'Game of Thrones' or 'House of Cards' seem to have some more graphic things than that if we're talking about American series. 'House of Cards' has the main character eating a chick out who's half his age while she's talking to her dad on the phone. I'd think that goes above that scene in BB by a long way. Showing sex is fine, as long as people are learning about safe sex. What I hear about the American sex ed system is that they still preach 'withdrawal' as the safest thing in some places, which is just cringeworthy. Sex ed > influence of showing sex in films. And really film has nothing on porn, which is widely and freely available for anyone who wants it.
I have seen many more a labia in film than a p***s. Apparently men are more bashful (or I'm watching the wrong movies).

I have a list of films I intend to watch, which currently sits at 201, which is really annoying for me because I don't like that list going over 200. I have 8 movies on my computer I haven't watched yet. In my defence, about 50 films on that list haven't been released yet and probably another 10 haven't had a wide release (aka, only have had premieres at film festivals) and another 10 haven't made it to blu-ray. Still, that's sort of the nature of film. There's always more to watch. I have watched on average about 85 or so films released each year since 2004 and I have watched films from before then.

My selection process for things that get on the list involve: is there an actor I like in it (e.g. Cate Blanchett), is the director someone I like (e.g. Ridley Scott), is the writer someone I like (e.g. David Michôd), has it won awards, is its critic rating high, is its imdb rating high. Generally that is my order of analysis. I give a lot of kudos to actors in my judgement because even if the movie is horrible, I'll probably enjoy their performance, directors will make it look pretty, writers can actually make it awesome but producers and directors have such a big say that their idea may be killed, and then what other people thought of the film takes a real backseat because most of the time my favourite films have been panned by critics or viewers or both, so I don't let it bug me.

I'm pretty sure I answered the 'where do you live' question before: Aus.
This is America, you have to wait for sexy bald heads. 3nodding You could, you know, just skip an episode or two. XD

Well, it was shocking for me. xD;;; It might be because I don't watch a lot of TV or shows in general, and the ones I tend to go towards tend to be PG in nature. redface I want to eventually watch GoT, but I would rather read the books first, and seems like the last of the series isn't out yet. After my Harry Potter addiction and paranoia about what if J.K. Rowling dies before she finishes, I made it a rule that I don't start a series unless it is completed. sweatdrop But whoa on the HoC scene! eek

..... Where on earth did you hear that about American sex ed?!!??! For the most part, our most conservative of areas just teach that having sex before marriage means you are a slut/whore and that you will end up knocked up, so keep those legs closed! sweatdrop

I think there is a difference between porn, which is seen as something used mainly to get off, and films/tv shows, which are often idolized by younger folks.

What films are you watching? eek

Oh. My. God. That's a ton!! And yes, films that aren't released yet don't really count. xp And your dedication to movies is impressive! surprised heart

That seems to be a very sound selection process. 3nodding I've never been very good at remembering different actors or directors to be honest, but I cannot think of a single Robin Williams film I didn't enjoy, regardless of the role was playing. whee heart

I'm sorry, you did. redface I'm a bit absent minded at times. sweatdrop And that beer I just had probably didn't help.... ><;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff