< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Partying Reveler

And Yet Attack on Titan got s**t .. lol

Playful Pitcher

18,850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Cool Cat 500
omg I don't even like Walt anymore but I'm excited to see this, especially dat pollos ^__^

I'm not ready for it to end though. crying

I would've liked "I am the one who knocks" better as a description but oh well, this works too~

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Matthew Cable
Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable
Icysnowgirl
Oooh, European vs American spelling?
Pretty much, yeah. I default to litres, so it took me a bit to realise I should be going for American spelling instead. Oh internet, you so American.
What part of the world are you from? surprised

Yea, the internet and mass media in general has a strong American slant. Out of curiosity, why does the Queen's English reverse the 'e' and 'r'? O_o It doesn't seem to make an 'err' sound to me... <_<;
Land of Aus.

I'd presume because it's from French (I could be mistaken), so it's been directly adopted from French spelling since French was all the rage in the English upper class during a point in history. Makes more sense if you think a Frenchman came up with it.
I can dig it! surprised Makes sense given the time zones. 3nodding

France. It's always France. <_< And wasn't that for most of early English royal history that French was the main language?

Also! Have you ever watched the show the item is granted from? surprised (Hat looks good on you, by the way) <3

Fuzzy Bunny

18,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Icysnowgirl
Daltar
Oooh, another reapersun's fandom.
I wonder what this 500milliliters come from?
*tries item*
The pixelating isn't my liking, but I love the bloody cash.
Wish the hat was a separate item, though.
What are some other fandoms that reapersun has put out items for? surprised

No idea. Perhaps it is how much of an ingredient is needed for something?

I'm still loading my inventory so I can check it out. X3
She's a big Sherlock fan, so that is how we ended up with Nice Suit For Work and Tourist Hat, the latter of which has a secret pose. I wonder if this does too.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nii Amikasame
Haha love this grant. heart

That said, I'm feeling a bit sad that Breaking Bad is ending. Fantastic show.
I just wish my inventory would load so I can play with it a bit. xd

It's been a real emotional show for me. I have cried SO MUCH while watching it. ;_; I guess it doesn't help that a few years back, my dad had cancer that was also caught late. ><;

Daltar
I thinks its the show, Breaking Bad. It's going on a season finale right now.
So my younger brother told me! surprised I'm still on season three, so I'm deathly afraid of spoilers! ;___________;

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Neon Wasteland
And Yet Attack on Titan got s**t .. lol
I'll confess my ignorance. What is Attack on Titan? sweatdrop

Btw, I love your art. heart It is so beautiful and elegantly colored! Do you run a shop somewhere?

Bana Banana
omg I don't even like Walt anymore but I'm excited to see this ^__^

I'm not ready for it to end though. crying

I would've liked "I am the one who knocks" better as a description but oh well, this works too~
Omg, after I finally catch up, I wanna ask you why you don't like Walt any more, but right now I'm still in season 3 and so behind and I don't want to see any spoilers! crying

I was surprised by how much I've come to like Jesse more. At first, I really disliked him, but after he took care of the little boy who as the child of meth addicts, my heart just melted. gonk heart

Is that another reference to later in the show? surprised heart

Ratttking
She's a big Sherlock fan, so that is how we ended up with Nice Suit For Work and Tourist Hat, the latter of which has a secret pose. I wonder if this does too.
I've heard that is a really good show too! surprised I thought Nice Suit For Work was an Alchemy item?

Oh my goodness! What on earth is a secret pose!??!

Shaggy Smoker

Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable
Land of Aus.

I'd presume because it's from French (I could be mistaken), so it's been directly adopted from French spelling since French was all the rage in the English upper class during a point in history. Makes more sense if you think a Frenchman came up with it.

France. It's always France. <_< And wasn't that for most of early English royal history that French was the main language?

Also! Have you ever watched the show the item is granted from? surprised (Hat looks good on you, by the way) <3
I'm not sure on how early it was, but there was an extended period of time when French was the main language, which is why we have pork/pig, beef/cow. But I haven't done linguistics other than 1 semester in my first year of uni, so I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable person about these things =P

I watched the first episode and I have seen snippets of jokes from the rest of it, but it didn't really grab me. I have been told that it really built up momentum and that the first episodes may seem to not be as great as the rest but that's a lot of time and effort to dedicate to something I may not like. (thank you!)

Shameless Man-Lover

16,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Signature Look 250
Icysnowgirl

I love it so much. x'D heart

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. :< I can see how the show could hit close to home.

Fuzzy Bunny

18,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable
Icysnowgirl
Matthew Cable
Icysnowgirl
Oooh, European vs American spelling?
Pretty much, yeah. I default to litres, so it took me a bit to realise I should be going for American spelling instead. Oh internet, you so American.
What part of the world are you from? surprised

Yea, the internet and mass media in general has a strong American slant. Out of curiosity, why does the Queen's English reverse the 'e' and 'r'? O_o It doesn't seem to make an 'err' sound to me... <_<;
Land of Aus.

France was the first country to use the metric system in the late 1790s, but it was conceived a century before by men from Flanders and England. Early English royalty spoke Anglo-Saxon aka Old English. For a few centuries after the Norman Conquest, Norman French was the preferred court language.

Playful Pitcher

18,850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Icysnowgirl
oh gosh I'm sorry, I totally forgot that there are people here who haven't caught up. @__@; But sure, I'd love to know your reactions too once you start watching seasons 4 and 5 biggrin

aww well the good thing about this show is that you get to see a lot of different sides to the characters :3

Yeah, it's a pretty great scene but you'll have to watch to know more~~

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nii Amikasame
Icysnowgirl

I love it so much. x'D heart

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. :< I can see how the show could hit close to home.
Stillllllllllllllllllllll loading. <_< Dang you, slow internets!

Thank you. ><; This site and the communities I've found on it got me through a lot of the pain and shock of the period. In a way, watching this show is both healing and educational, because I can understand a bit better what my father was going through at the time. I had just started college the year he went through all his treatment, so my parents hid from me a lot of the realities of cancer treatment. My mom did keep pounding into my head that he had only a 5% chance of surviving and that I should make good use of the time I have with him now just in case.

But still, it was always a huge shock for me whenever I came home and hugged my dad. How much thinner he would be each time I visited, how much frailer. How moody and upset he was. It was like the man I always knew as my father had been half replaced.

Now he's doing much better though. :3 He really liked Breaking Bad himself! Though I remember him complaining that they don't do enough chemistry in the show any more. XD He's such a science nerd. I bet his favorite parts were all of the times Walter was teaching Chemistry in one way or another! X3

Fuzzy Bunny

18,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Icysnowgirl

Ratttking
I've heard that is a really good show too! surprised I thought Nice Suit For Work was an Alchemy item?

Oh my goodness! What on earth is a secret pose!??!
Is it from alchemy? Anyway, I was told it was reapersun's artwork, and the items are most definitely copies of Sherlock's outfit.

The secret pose for Tourist Hat is not shown in the box which has the different poses, for that one you put on the hat pose and choose a different arm position for your avi and...the secret appears! I'll let you find out, it's a really cheap item but very cool.

edit: Oh yes, it is a really great show. I've been a fan of SH since I was a teen and this is a fantastic modern adaptation.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Matthew Cable
I'm not sure on how early it was, but there was an extended period of time when French was the main language, which is why we have pork/pig, beef/cow. But I haven't done linguistics other than 1 semester in my first year of uni, so I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable person about these things =P

I watched the first episode and I have seen snippets of jokes from the rest of it, but it didn't really grab me. I have been told that it really built up momentum and that the first episodes may seem to not be as great as the rest but that's a lot of time and effort to dedicate to something I may not like. (thank you!)
There's actually a great Youtube link called The History of English! It's a 10 minute clip in its entirety, and it is black and white animated. It goes into the whole pork/pig and beef/cow thing! I really recommend watching it. 3nodding If my internet didn't suck so much, I'd look it up for you and post it here. gonk

I really regret never taking any linguistics classes at university. I think I would have had a joygasm every class. heart heart gonk heart heart

Yea, it didn't grab me at first either. And with the subject at hand, I was really uncomfortable watching it, because it hit too close to home in some ways. Thankfully, someone who is amazing and close to me really pushed me to watch it with them. heart I'm now addicted, but they are my only source for the show, so I have to wait until we can hang out again to see the rest! xd

Omg, awkward older people having sexytimes scene first episode!! Enough to turn off half of the viewers! D:

And I agree, it can be a lot of time and energy to devote to something you might not like. I think it was either episode 3 or 4 that I got hooked, so about the space of an average movie. I think if they don't have you hooked by then, it is safe to let it pass. 3nodding (no problem! X3)

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking
France was the first country to use the metric system in the late 1790s, but it was conceived a century before by men from Flanders and England. Early English royalty spoke Anglo-Saxon aka Old English. For a few centuries after the Norman Conquest, Norman French was the preferred court language.
Oh my goodness! I had no idea that the metric system was conceived a century before by men from Flanders and England! That's quite interesting! whee

The Norman Conquest was with William the Conqueror, right? Wasn't he married to Eleanor of Aquitaine? Any idea when French cycled out?
Ehehehe.
Now I can always wear Walters underpants. x'D
Thank you! Finally a sponsor I actually understand/can relate to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games