For the vampires! 0.54863813229572 54.9% [ 141 ]
For the dark elves! 0.45136186770428 45.1% [ 116 ]
Total Votes:[ 257 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Time-traveling Senshi

Azavezel
Terrorists can be reasoned with.

Psychopaths cannot.

And according to the latest news, rumors, and what we learned from the whole Faris investigation Luca has become a psychopathic nut job. My connections with the members of the Barton Regulars and their connections to the old G-Squad turned Durem volunteer fire department have pretty much revealed that Luca is shutting everyone out. He used to be pretty buddy buddy with Devin from over at the Skin Tyte in Durem but that's long since stopped. It's not a good sign when someone shuts themselves in and shuts everyone else out. Something is wrong with him.

I may not agree one hundred percent with what the majority of the vampires who were loyal to Vlad do but as the old saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend and at this moment in time that makes the minions of Vladimir Von Helson my temporary friends. I can put aside differences long enough when it concerns the lives and safety of the innocent people of Gaia.

Shade

Chibi Halo
Azavezel
Terrorists can be reasoned with.

Psychopaths cannot.

And according to the latest news, rumors, and what we learned from the whole Faris investigation Luca has become a psychopathic nut job. My connections with the members of the Barton Regulars and their connections to the old G-Squad turned Durem volunteer fire department have pretty much revealed that Luca is shutting everyone out. He used to be pretty buddy buddy with Devin from over at the Skin Tyte in Durem but that's long since stopped. It's not a good sign when someone shuts themselves in and shuts everyone else out. Something is wrong with him.

I may not agree one hundred percent with what the majority of the vampires who were loyal to Vlad do but as the old saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend and at this moment in time that makes the minions of Vladimir Von Helson my temporary friends. I can put aside differences long enough when it concerns the lives and safety of the innocent people of Gaia.

The exact same could be said about my case and the dark elves. One person is not going to sway me from my goals.

If Don Kuro decides to go too far, he will be dealt with. That is another reality that must be accepted.

We do not need vampires to know when to remove a person too mad to lead.
Hmm...Thorn is orc. Not really care about squabbling elfs and blood drinkers. But there is very very old elf blood connected to Thorn's bloodline. Not connected for many generations...but not have any reason at all to join blood suckers. Thorn will follow instinct and elfs.

Time-traveling Senshi

Azavezel
The exact same could be said about my case and the dark elves. One person is not going to sway me from my goals.

If Don Kuro decides to go too far, he will be dealt with. That is another reality that must be accepted.

I have not been using vampires to make that determination. I have been using the facts of the situation. The fact that they went after someone I have seen become a well respected member of society, who is someone I respect as well, by blowing up his place of business is more than enough to gain my attention. It's been what I have learned since that incident that has driven all of my choices in this. In the end, if Zhivago lives or dies it's of no consequence to me. I'll have done my job if Edmund and Gino and his brothers are in one piece this round of senseless violence is over with.

Shade

Chibi Halo
Azavezel

I have not been using vampires to make that determination. I have been using the facts of the situation. The fact that they went after someone I have seen become a well respected member of society, who is someone I respect as well, by blowing up his place of business is more than enough to gain my attention. It's been what I have learned since that incident that has driven all of my choices in this. In the end, if Zhivago lives or dies it's of no consequence to me. I'll have done my job if Edmund and Gino and his brothers are in one piece this round of senseless violence is over with.

For once you and I agree on something--this whole fiasco is senseless.

A war because of one person is beyond asinine.

Why even take part?

Time-traveling Senshi

Azavezel
For once you and I agree on something--this whole fiasco is senseless.

A war because of one person is beyond asinine.

Why even take part?

I would certainly love to know what it is Johnny Gambino supposedly did to Luca's family to warrant his death. I can understand the grudge Vlad had against Gambino because of the woman they both had and being rival families for power and prestige in Gaia. This grudge is ridiculous because there's been no real basis for it. But, seeing as it's in my nature to protect the defenseless I will do what it takes to make certain this war doesn't spread to all of Gaia. From the sources and contacts I have it seems it's already made its way to Dref Dur and that is definitely not good when war comes to that skyward criminal's haven.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345
...Hmm... *lights pipe* ...I wonder how many of these (so-called) "demons" siding with the Vampires now were members of Sentinel's Infernal Nation during the SIN vs. BOO event? The smell of hypocrisy is quite, how would you say, strong... User Image

I was a member of SIN, but me and my friend Los have our own reasons for joining opposite sides.
You could say that the same logic that made me join SIN ( cause chaos and mayhem..I like) implies here.

Besides just because you join one side does not distinctly imply loyalty, in my case my loyalty lies to what mayhem me and Los can cause.

I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same thing. My question was not a question of loyalty, but a question of hypocrisy. Conflate the two if you wish, but there is distinct difference.

Please explain what you mean by hyprocrisy?

Hypocrisy is merely whether something is true versus convenient, to say one thing and to do the opposite, where voiced opinion is defied by actions taken or actions taken are contrary to opinion voiced.

For example, is your (supposed) love of chaos and mayhem true or merely convenient? Will you abandoned your cherished chaos and mayhem when order and consistency are, as some might say, in the "right"? Or will you uphold your cherished chaos and mayhem even when it is, clearly, in the "wrong"? Are you more than just a fairweather friend of Typhon and Eris, more than a philanderer who flirts with such ideals, but would abandoned them, especially in times of crises, for even the remotist amount of security and stability?

Do you think the rallying of the Vampires, by the Countess, behind Louie will lead to chaos and mayhem? Do you truly think Louie, (supposed) heir to the Vampiric throne of Gaia, condones chaos and mayhem? If this must be a question of loyalty, than it is a question of your loyalty to the principles you claim to espouse and whether you would so, conveniently, abandoned them in order to do what is 'right' versus to do what you claim to 'believe'...

Right and wrong, merely matters of perspective that each individual has and thus nothing is clearly either or.
(honestly I hate those terms, so simple and black and white)

And it is not belief in a sense, again one of the words I hate it is just something that tends to occur and I enjoy watching it play out or instigating it myself.
The fact that you would need to follow a god to create mayhem or chaos..silly truly it is since in a way you are still creating a sort of order.

As for whether Louie truly condones mayhem, I doubt it but honestly what can he really do?
Turn gaia into a world of perfect order?
That goes against his ideals, he cannot prevent chaos or mayhem it is not in his nature.

But the thing is, I do not care which side wins..I win either way..

And using Typhon and Eris as the sole gods/goddess of chaos is rather silly since there are far more than those two. But even in thier own versions of chaos lies some form of order.

As for whether I would prefer order, or whether one side will cause more mayhem than the other the truth is whichever side wins will impose thier own concept of "order".
I do not prefer order, there are reasons but since you seem dead set on trying to prove yourself right *shrugs* no point in explaining them,

What I am in this for is what happens between the beginning if the fight and the end, the only time when true mayhem will be occurring.
Quite sorry the explanations is vague(not really) but I have stuff to do.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Tigrosharu
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345
...Hmm... *lights pipe* ...I wonder how many of these (so-called) "demons" siding with the Vampires now were members of Sentinel's Infernal Nation during the SIN vs. BOO event? The smell of hypocrisy is quite, how would you say, strong... User Image

I was a member of SIN, but me and my friend Los have our own reasons for joining opposite sides.
You could say that the same logic that made me join SIN ( cause chaos and mayhem..I like) implies here.

Besides just because you join one side does not distinctly imply loyalty, in my case my loyalty lies to what mayhem me and Los can cause.

I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same thing. My question was not a question of loyalty, but a question of hypocrisy. Conflate the two if you wish, but there is distinct difference.

Hypocrisy is merely whether something is true versus convenient, to say one thing and to do the opposite, where voiced opinion is defied by actions taken or actions taken are contrary to opinion voiced.

For example, is your (supposed) love of chaos and mayhem true or merely convenient? Will you abandoned your cherished chaos and mayhem when order and consistency are, as some might say, in the "right"? Or will you uphold your cherished chaos and mayhem even when it is, clearly, in the "wrong"? Are you more than just a fairweather friend of Typhon and Eris, more than a philanderer who flirts with such ideals, but would abandoned them, especially in times of crises, for even the remotist amount of security and stability?

Do you think the rallying of the Vampires, by the Countess, behind Louie will lead to chaos and mayhem? Do you truly think Louie, (supposed) heir to the Vampiric throne of Gaia, condones chaos and mayhem? If this must be a question of loyalty, than it is a question of your loyalty to the principles you claim to espouse and whether you would so, conveniently, abandoned them in order to do what is 'right' versus to do what you claim to 'believe'...

Right and wrong, merely matters of perspective that each individual has and thus nothing is clearly either or.

And it is not belief in a sense, again one of the words I hate it is just something that tends to occur and I enjoy watching it play out or instigating it myself.
The fact that you would need to follow a god to create mayhem or chaos..silly truly it is since in a way you are still creating a sort of order.

As for whether Louie truly condones mayhem, I doubt it but honestly what can he really do?
That goes against his ideals, he cannot prevent chaos or mayhem it is not in his nature.

And using Typhon and Eris as the sole gods/goddess of chaos is rather silly since there are far more than those two. But even in thier own versions of chaos lies some form of order.

As for whether I would prefer order, or whether one side will cause more mayhem than the other the truth is whichever side wins will impose thier own concept of "order".
I do not prefer order, there are reasons but since you seem dead set on trying to prove yourself right *shrugs* no point in explaining them,

What I am in this for is what happens between the beginning if the fight and the end, the only time when true mayhem will be occurring.

Wow... Really? Just... *facepalm* User Image

Magic Hobo

Don Kuro doesn't seem terribly interested in freedom or variety, which is probably what's drawing demonkin and other peripherals to the vampire side. Everyone has their own individual reasoning, though, even among elves and vampires... I've seen such a wide range of arguments for or against a side in the past week, it's fascinating.

I'm a shapechanger, and I'm on the side of the vampires. My reasoning is mostly personal; most of my *ahem* successful past romantic entanglements have been with vampires, I've seen dark elves do some really awful things to friends of mine, and then there's the part where the Don's people sent me threatening letters when I was investigating the bombing. I do not take kindly to threats. And the ideology of the different sides... 'side with us or we'll kill you' versus 'side with us and we'll fight this looney bin who just told you he'd kill you if you didn't side with him'... yeah.

Time-traveling Senshi

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Don Kuro doesn't seem terribly interested in freedom or variety, which is probably what's drawing demonkin and other peripherals to the vampire side. Everyone has their own individual reasoning, though, even among elves and vampires... I've seen such a wide range of arguments for or against a side in the past week, it's fascinating.

I'm a shapechanger, and I'm on the side of the vampires. My reasoning is mostly personal; most of my *ahem* successful past romantic entanglements have been with vampires, I've seen dark elves do some really awful things to friends of mine, and then there's the part where the Don's people sent me threatening letters when I was investigating the bombing. I do not take kindly to threats. And the ideology of the different sides... 'side with us or we'll kill you' versus 'side with us and we'll fight this looney bin who just told you he'd kill you if you didn't side with him'... yeah.

All very good reasons to oppose what Luca has been doing. He doesn't care much about who happens to be in the way when he makes his attacks. So long as he gets his target whoever else gets hurt doesn't mean a thing to him. It was pretty obvious when he sent in Faris to blow up Edmund's shop. He could have done it right before and after store hours but no he had to do it when the store was at its busiest and full of people just to try and kill Edmund, a man I greatly respect as a fellow swordsman and as a member of the scientific community.

That is why I'm on the side with Edmund, Gino and his brothers, and the members of the Durem Volunteer Fire Department. If they're going to do what it takes to protect the innocent people not involved in this mess then that's where my loyalties will go. It's my reasoning for going with the Vampires who still hold some loyalties to Louie and Ian's family name. In the end what becomes of Zhivago is of little consequence to me so long as the innocent lives being affected by this senseless war are relatively unharmed in the end.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345
Tigrosharu
meep12345

Wow... Really? Just... *facepalm* User Image

*shrugs* I take it that as expected answer not satisfactory?
I prefer giving vague answers, it is more fun

Obsessive Player

I wonder too about Ambrosia! But, the plot seems to thicke as Cordell revealed that the don's mother had a Vampire lover. And, had she not killed the executioner, he would have known the "True Death".
But, as the vamps appeared to be the servants of the Kuro Gand long ago, I think that those now backing him, will definitely return to the Vampire fold when they hear of this long past servitude.
Edmund is a good man. And, so is Louie!!!!
We must back them in order to prevail against the "hidden" agenda of the Don. Domination cloaked in expressions of "blessed peace" I mean, really. Don't fall under that spell!

Magic Hobo

Chibi Halo
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

All very good reasons to oppose what Luca has been doing. He doesn't care much about who happens to be in the way when he makes his attacks. So long as he gets his target whoever else gets hurt doesn't mean a thing to him. It was pretty obvious when he sent in Faris to blow up Edmund's shop. He could have done it right before and after store hours but no he had to do it when the store was at its busiest and full of people just to try and kill Edmund, a man I greatly respect as a fellow swordsman and as a member of the scientific community.

That is why I'm on the side with Edmund, Gino and his brothers, and the members of the Durem Volunteer Fire Department. If they're going to do what it takes to protect the innocent people not involved in this mess then that's where my loyalties will go. It's my reasoning for going with the Vampires who still hold some loyalties to Louie and Ian's family name. In the end what becomes of Zhivago is of little consequence to me so long as the innocent lives being affected by this senseless war are relatively unharmed in the end.

Yeah... I couldn't give a s**t about the Don's new world order, and it's been made pretty clear that he doesn't give a s**t about ANYONE, full stop. I don't want to live in a world that he creates.

I'm not particularly fussed about what happens to Zhivago, he's always struck me as a boor and an incompetent, and I'm only a little loyal to Ian and Louie, but when it comes down to it they're wonderful people in comparison to the Don.

Time-traveling Senshi

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Yeah... I couldn't give a s**t about the Don's new world order, and it's been made pretty clear that he doesn't give a s**t about ANYONE, full stop. I don't want to live in a world that he creates.

I'm not particularly fussed about what happens to Zhivago, he's always struck me as a boor and an incompetent, and I'm only a little loyal to Ian and Louie, but when it comes down to it they're wonderful people in comparison to the Don.

Ian ranks high for me because all of the people of Barton Town are important to me due to the fact that I have family ties to it. And because he's important to Barton Town, that means I would do what's necessary to help him protect his brothers regardless of how they might have treated, or thought about, him in the past.

I just don't see how the average human or magical creature can side with Luca in this war. He's just going to use them like lambs to the slaughter. You don't live as long as my people do without learning how to read people and see all the signs that something isn't going to turn out right in the end. These beings would have to have some very deep seeded hatred of Vampires to willingly side with Luca. I mean the diminutive dark elf would probably sell off his own kind if it meant gaining ultimate power and position.

(My little character is 108 years old and even then mentally she's considered to be the equivalent of someone who's around twenty-five because her race of demons can live for centuries)

Magic Hobo

Chibi Halo
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Ian ranks high for me because all of the people of Barton Town are important to me due to the fact that I have family ties to it. And because he's important to Barton Town, that means I would do what's necessary to help him protect his brothers regardless of how they might have treated, or thought about, him in the past.

I just don't see how the average human or magical creature can side with Luca in this war. He's just going to use them like lambs to the slaughter. You don't live as long as my people do without learning how to read people and see all the signs that something isn't going to turn out right in the end. These beings would have to have some very deep seeded hatred of Vampires to willingly side with Luca. I mean the diminutive dark elf would probably sell off his own kind if it meant gaining ultimate power and position.

(My little character is 108 years old and even then mentally she's considered to be the equivalent of someone who's around twenty-five because her race of demons can live for centuries)

I'm loyal to Durem, and always have been. It's my home. We're a city split down the middle thanks to this affair. Personally I wish the vampires had had cause to rise up and kick out the mafia ages ago, having a mafia might sound cool but it is actually fairly detrimental to a city, y'know. And while I'm not exactly friends with Louie or Edmund, I do enjoy the hell out of what I see of them.

...Man, I don't get it either. You don't even have to have lived particularly long to know this is going to end badly, just read a little history... as much as I've been trying really, really hard to avoid invoking Godwin's Law, the Don's rationalizations are uncomfortably similar to those made by a certain German dictator. Does anybody *really* think he's going to stop at killing only those who oppose him? That getting on his 'good side' is going to actually save them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff