Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does your avatar have a certain style you're sticking to?

Pretty much, I have very specific vision of what I want it to be, 0.25581395348837 25.6% [ 66 ]
Not at all, I experiment on daily basis. 0.27519379844961 27.5% [ 71 ]
I guess you could say so, but every once in a while I like to dress up as a potato or something. 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 63 ]
I honestly just wear whatever is new. *flips hair* I wanna wear it all. 0.015503875968992 1.6% [ 4 ]
Hell if I care, GOLDZ! 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 15 ]
It's pixels, there's no such thing as style. 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 3 ]
I beg to differ, statement above! *add to it in comments* 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 3 ]
Plot Twist! I *AM* A POTATO! *dramatic dunduns* 0.12790697674419 12.8% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 258 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 >

icetears's Princess

Bratty Witch

24,825 Points
  • Just Cute Witch Things 500
  • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
  • Team Kitten Star 75
i used to have a trademark avatar that i never changed

i kind of want to do that again

or at least a "character" avi so that i can buy art ;___;

Shadowy Loiterer

I'm usually inspired by the fantasy genre, whether it be books, games or other forms of media.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Cutesi
i used to have a trademark avatar that i never changed

i kind of want to do that again

or at least a "character" avi so that i can buy art ;___;

You still can! o,o

Kaos Incarnate
I'm usually inspired by the fantasy genre, whether it be books, games or other forms of media.

I can see that! You look pretty damn dashin! emotion_bigheart

Shadowy Loiterer

Beau Bishop
Kaos Incarnate

I can see that! You look pretty damn dashin! emotion_bigheart
Thank you ^^

x-Sunarin-x's Princess

Dangerous Hellhound

Do you have a certain style you like to apply to your avi, much like you may do in real life? What is it?
I tend to lean towards edgy or elegant, very rarely doing cutsey avatars.
I'm guilty of the 'overly slutty, monochromatic demon' avatar.

Or do you constantly like to experiment with your outfits? One day a cosplay, one day a bloody massacre, the third day a furry... I dunno, the list goes on.
Lately I've started making avatars that look like my OCs, and have begun searching out items that can help me dress up like my OCs.

Does your style on Gaia match the one IRL at all?
Occasionally. I'm a jeans-and-tshirt kind of girl and I have one or two avatars saved that could match my RL wardrobe.
That said, I'd definitely wear corsets and leather skirts if I could afford it, but I can't. So my avatar does it for me.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Back when I joined Gaia, I had a lot of fun playing with the avatar creator that was there while signing up (this was in 2007), and I ended up with a tan-skinned blue-haired chick even though that looks nothing like me. I absolutely loved those baggy starter clothes and thought they were the coolest things. I eventually saved up enough gold for elf ears and emo glasses, and later I bought some MCs and added them to my avatar. I ended up joining a guild where people were pretty matchy-matchy and into cluttered layers, but I never managed to adopt that style. xD;;

In 2013 I was playing around with some items and discovered a "base" that I really liked (Moon's Watcher's blue rabbit ears, Hatter hair, Cicero skin) and decided to mainly stick with that. He's basically an OC of mine, so I usually try to dress him in clothing he would wear (dapper, some casual, some Asian-themed, some magic/blood items since he's a blood mage, some tea-themed items since he works in a tea shop), but since this avatar also represents me on Gaia, I often dress him in colors and styles that wouldn't be in character for him but that I personally enjoy. I also enjoy occasionally dressing up for events and other site activities even though those also technically wouldn't be in character.

I'm pretty casual in real life, though I do like bright colors. I guess I own a decent amount of blue, but nowhere near as much as what's in my inventory. xD My favorite color is actually red.

I used to sell everything I owned (except for event and freebie items) when I wanted a new avatar, but now I tend to hoard items and play around with creating different scenarios, themes, stories, etc.

Divine Hellhound

I like to alternate between a hella cute (usually fox themed) avi or super sexy/sluty avis.
Both are done with the hopes of snagging some art in the AF.
I dont keep them for more than a week or so unless I forget, but since I dont spend much time on Gaia anymore I usually just sign in to change my avi and then I wander off for the rest of the week.

I've never really had a theme theme though, just a few base items that I always use so long as they dont layer wonky with whatever I'm trying to equip, which has been a huge issue lately.

King Noob

- - -
Even I don't know.
- - -

Desirable Sex Symbol

As long as my avi has big titties, then I'm good.

Lowkei's Husband

King Lunatic

19,525 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
I am obsessed with the [Animal] Kappa skins. Its very hard for me to change out of them once I put them on.

Anxious Garbage

I'd like to add that recently 'my avatar' has been obsessing over body hair, assholeish grins, blood/bruises, and the general sense something dark has been lurking under the surface.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My avatars differ, but I do follow a pattern based on my interests.

Of my avatars, you will either see something bloody, some sort of doll (usually creepy), an anthro (usually a bunny but sometimes cats or wolves), or something cute and gentle. I love the items that fall into that criteria the most. I don't really care for the more "casual" items, so I often go towards the more fantasy side as far as items go, luckily for my wallet.

I rarely go for anything that could be half-dressed since I like to dress up in a lot of items. I'm generally pretty broad in my avatars but there are still certain things about them that makes them feel like my style.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
well I am living for this long hair puddled at my feet heart Luna's hair is super curly on account of her being a hobbit but i just looooooove these lucious locks heart she is serving mermaid faun realness~

o she's always obsessed with the moon, ofc emotion_bigheart

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Considering that this avi is basically a dress-up doll for a D&D character, I tend towards fantasy-themed clothing that isn't too girly or too over the top.

Hellraiser

I'm red lady pirate on Gaia, that's about it. I enjoy morphing into other things and potatoes occasionally when I have gold to spend. - But this pirate thing is my truest jam I always return to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff