Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does your avatar have a certain style you're sticking to?

Pretty much, I have very specific vision of what I want it to be, 0.25581395348837 25.6% [ 66 ]
Not at all, I experiment on daily basis. 0.27519379844961 27.5% [ 71 ]
I guess you could say so, but every once in a while I like to dress up as a potato or something. 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 63 ]
I honestly just wear whatever is new. *flips hair* I wanna wear it all. 0.015503875968992 1.6% [ 4 ]
Hell if I care, GOLDZ! 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 15 ]
It's pixels, there's no such thing as style. 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 3 ]
I beg to differ, statement above! *add to it in comments* 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 3 ]
Plot Twist! I *AM* A POTATO! *dramatic dunduns* 0.12790697674419 12.8% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 258 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14 >

fxxkin demon

Sal is a character on Gaia now, (well at least to me,) so I dress him according to his particular style. It's mostly casual clothing, jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, and the occasional button down shirt. He'll also dress up to a point. He's not a fan of ties but doesn't mind putting a nice suit to go out at night. He's certainly not a demon who wears armour or fancy capes. I tend to keep him earth tones, bright colors don't suit him very well. Though every so often I might dress him in one of the wilder Beyond jackets.

Strangely even though we are different genders Sal and I have similar styles. I like being comfortable both at work and home so my wardrobe reflects that. Lots of t-shirts and jeans and so many pairs of converse. I even have an oversized sweater similar to the Beyond jacket that wear all the time. One thing I have noticed in RL that has carried over from Gaia is my ability to plan outfits. I often know exactly what I am gonna wear from my socks to my scarf and you better believe they match in someway. It's weird. Like today I am going to physical therapy for my neck and I am wearing a nearly completely matching black/white/grey outfit.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Like amarzyciel's post, my avatar is usually dictated by my mood, and sometime my mood swings whichever way after reading a topic about it in forums. Current avatar is a good example, since it's actually based off of this one GCD thread talking about companion items (Lucky the Cat). The outfit before this one though, was me running around the forums as a shiny diamond because of avatar block reasons (humor avatars are usually my temp placeholders).

Unlike my tiny wardrobe irl, my inventory is humongous. I have a habit of wearing red, black, white, blue and gray irl, so I guess it kinda translates into my avatar's reoccurring color-based themes (red, black, white, and gold)... Other than that, the biggest clash between the real me and the virtual me is that irl consists mostly casual clothing (pants over skirts), while virtual is RPG fantasy-based.

The only things that seem to be consistent between my past avatars and my today's avatars are probably the matchy-matchy and character-istic themes. It's something I always try to achieve while avatar making. Well, at least that's what I think. Upon seeing my old folder of favorite outfits, they all are grouped together based on gender, semi-permanent face, funnies, etc, with most of them just being character-like. I don't know whether other people see otherwise though (when it comes to my avatars).

Man-Hungry Raider

Beau Bishop
The Talewise

EDIT: you know, after all these years it's interesting to revisit this character who's basically a human shaped void with razor sharp teeth. Where does such an entity come from? I never did come up with a story for her, or even a name.

I dunno, but it sure is one good looking character, in my opinion. I adore razor sharp teeth. <3 (might be my affinity for sharks speaking out)
Hey that's OK, like I mentioned in the start, I created a witch character completely randomly and completely fell in love with her design, so much so that I started drawing her on occasion. It just... happens? XD

Haha, thanks!

Maybe I'll figure it out if I actually drew her lol. I actually almost never create character designs without a story so this is unusual for me.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

EXPLOSIONS

FEAR MY GUN MOUNTED SNEK

scream heart

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd Corpses,monsters and human monsters...and an occasional girly avi tossed in the midst of monsters.

Shirtless Husband

I started out as an executioner with that black hat that has the white eyes and it's pointed? I think it is called Executioner...maybe. Haha, soooo old. But then I eventually evolved to being a faceless person with wings (halo and wings were so it back then) and a ******** ton of plushies. My whole avatar was plushed.

Then I turned in to a snowman (was using a different account and this one got abandoned) but doing a revival now and now I'm a horseman with fabulous hair. I think it's going to stick.

Eloquent Muse

My story isn't very impressive. From what I remember of my avatars, I liked using underwear combined always with a belt, gloves, glasses, hat, and leg warmers. Those slots always had to be filled. Nowadays I prefer something a lot less cultured and more themed than simply color cordinated. Since there was a lack of creative items to really inspire me. Than I started to collect items with leg/arm poses, inspiring me to do better things with my avatars not based off filling all the empty areas of her body.

Her themes vary. Usually she's some form of cute, wearing pink, always in a dress or skirt. But she can also be sexy, more mature, or look like she stepped out of a different country or time period. She's even looked everyday. She's a mirror to my creativity.

Space Traveler

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Back in the day, I used to have a dedicated "hobo queen" outfit. And in going with my username, my favorite outfit colors are red, gold, and brown.

Sometimes I like to mix it up, but I always do wear a red heart tattoo.

Other than that, I don't really have a theme. But...I don't usually purposefully buy items in other colors, so it would be difficult for me to make a blue avi, for example xD

Wicked Magician

17,025 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Tycoon 200
Currently? Diedrich. XD

My avatar is always "me" in that I picked the closest hair I could find, we have the same eye color, and wear the same glasses. I'm day-glo pale at the moment from hibernating all winter, but in the spring and summer I tan really nicely, which is why I went with the skin tone I did. I'm too lazy to change it. XD

My avatar wears what I would if I had nearly unlimited wardrobe funds and no kids (they stain everything, it's the worst). I love dressing her up, for the longest time it was like creating a sim without having to deal with the lag of actually playing sims.

My style was super casual when I started on the site, but over time has evolved to be more punk/eclectic. My closet will not be restricted by labels, lol! I use all kinds of colors/items, my inventory is a literal rainbow of items. And I love experimenting so I rarely keep a specific avatar for longer than a few days.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
I'm glad I have another chance to use this... lol

My biggest inspiration is MYSELF!!! I like dressing my avi in stuff I would wear IRL. I usually dress all in black, so that alone makes the price of my items increase 10 fold. I also have a good collection of wafuku, or traditional Japanese clothing.
I also enjoy making cosplay avatars of my favorite characters to save in the arena... I have recently entered Black Cat from Spiderman, Morticia Addams, Zoetica Ebb and Elizabeth Bathory.

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Anime-->sci-fi-->loligoth-->cosplay&normal now.

Sugary Sweetheart

I usually make avatars that apply to real life styles. I've really only made a few fantasy avatars. And I like my avatars to be colorful. I mostly go for Japanese street fashion type of looks.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
My avatar is like an unconverted Neopet.

She's a relic of a time gone by, but I sometimes change her for events. Usually it's just adding an accessory to suit the occasion. Sometimes I'll do a more radical outfit like I did for the G-copr user-run event, and when I do that she tends to have a very moeblob denpa style, she'll always try and implement a sukumizu whenever possible. The hair and eyes never change, though.

I tend to see my avatar as an online persona rather than a dress-up doll. that was what tektek was for

Undead Cutie-Pie

27,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
My avi is a cutesy zombie and has been since the skin was released in 2010, before that I trended toward black and red everything with a little break for the obnoxious buck teeth, glasses, grass skirt and slippers avi that was prevalent in the middle somewhere.

In my real life I have gone toward more cutesy stuff than I ever used to, right now I'm wearing a tulle skirt and an infinity scarf with cats on it. I actually did used to be more into black and red everything, but I like lots of colors now. I guess in that was it does show me off a little, but to the best of my knowledge I am not a zombie.

Enduring Codger

Do you have a certain style you like to apply to your avi, much like you may do in real life? What is it?
Not really.
I don't have any style IRL.
Er, but I guess mostly fantasy stuff.

Or do you constantly like to experiment with your outfits? One day a cosplay, one day a bloody massacre, the third day a furry... I dunno, the list goes on.
Oh, I love to experiment! Although, I meticulously plan my next avi, not doing so has proven to be... financially catastrophic.
emotion_facepalm

Does your style on Gaia match the one IRL at all?
&
Or even, is your avatar the faithful visual representation of you in real life??! *gasp*
Nope and LMAO. No.

Have you gone from one drastic change of wardrobe to another, selling the entirety of it for something else? Or do you just hoard whatever you can get your hands on?
Nope, I'm a hoarder. I work hard for my items!
emotion_donotwant

I usually mess around with any 'character creator'/'dress up' feature I come across. I can typically get some characters for a story/RP out of it.
This current one I thought up for a potential story/RP while I was designing it. I just felt like making a dark elf after seeing several users with dark elfy-skins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff