16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
TheMoonsBluePassage
L0LlTAB0T
I would recommend making the mouth smaller or getting rid of it entirely. ouo;
otherwise yes is qt

Avatars without mouths tend to creep me out. Even when they're dressed in cute lace and frills, they remind me of horror movie monsters.

Also, my own avatar creeps me out when I don't have my Masquerade nose equipped. Oddly enough, though, it doesn't phase me in the least when I see other users going noseless. I don't know why. It's a very weird double standard I have.

Mmn. I don't like Gaia's mouths though. They're too BIG. ;A ;
Same goes with the masquerade noses. I think it's more about what you think looks good on pixels. o: Everyone's different. I like small things. ;w;

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

L0LlTAB0T
TheMoonsBluePassage
L0LlTAB0T
otherwise yes is qt

Avatars without mouths tend to creep me out. Even when they're dressed in cute lace and frills, they remind me of horror movie monsters.

Also, my own avatar creeps me out when I don't have my Masquerade nose equipped. Oddly enough, though, it doesn't phase me in the least when I see other users going noseless. I don't know why. It's a very weird double standard I have.

Same goes with the masquerade noses. I think it's more about what you think looks good on pixels. o: Everyone's different. I like small things. ;w;

Not to mention that tastes change over time. I used to not like Gaia's noses at all and thought they looked really strange on our avatars' faces. Now my nude avatar base weirds me out, because there's so much space in the middle of my face where I know my nose should be. @.@

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
TheMoonsBluePassage
L0LlTAB0T
TheMoonsBluePassage
L0LlTAB0T
otherwise yes is qt

Not to mention that tastes change over time. I used to not like Gaia's noses at all and thought they looked really strange on our avatars' faces. Now my nude avatar base weirds me out, because there's so much space in the middle of my face where I know my nose should be. @.@

Yeah; I would like a small nose, but, I don't like really defined noses on art. o3o ;; But that's once again my opinion.

I used to be okay with having the small frown mouth, now I am not, same with the neutral mouth

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

I think appearance is very important here, because it's a way of telling people what kind of a person you are, and who you are. And I'll be totally honest and say that yeah, I do judge; I judge the Avatar, The post, The profile, I judge everything. It's not nice to judge, but it's just something that just automatically happens.
Like, if I think you seem like a total douchebag, that's how I'm going to see you as until I'm proven wrong. But if I think you're pretty kick a** then, again, that's how I'm going to see you until you prove me otherwise.
I'm not even sure what kind of a vibe I give off, because I change my Avatar quite a bit. But if I were someone else looking at my current Avatar right now, I'd say: "This user seems very intimidating" or "This guy must really like 'Dog The Bounty Hunter'." (And I really do. He's got a nice style!)
But sometimes my style is inspired by the Web comics I love reading, or by my favourite musicians, or by my favourite actors- Whatever. If it inspires me, I will try to center my style around that theme. Even my Lover inspires me- Sometimes you'll catch me trying to incorporate her current look into my own somehow- I Love the challenge.
I like trying out new things, new themes, new looks. and what have you. I don't like to stick to one thing- At least, not as much as I used to. . Way back when I used to stick to one specific look, and I barely ever changed my Avatar. Now I'm a lot more adventurous and I want to explore different looks for myself. . Exploration is so kick a**. . .

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

23,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bidding War 100
As what they say, first impression last.
It's better to saved gold to be able to achieved their dream avi or create a beautiful avatar.
I dont have a dream avatar, dream invo perhaps. :3

Receiver

User Image
lol bullshitttt

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
I think the word "judge" is being understood more pejoratively here than maybe some people meant it when they said it, so I'll reframe the idea I keep seeing in this thread into my own words:

In real life, you get dealt the hand you get dealt, physically, emotionally, economically, politically, all the other words ending in -ally, and you do your best to get on in life in the way you find most satisfying. On Gaia, you can change all of those predetermined factors. Or none. Your choice! This is part of the magic of Gaia.

One consequence of this magic, though, is that, yes, when I see your chosen name and outfit and posted words and post style, I will probably come to certain conclusions about you based on how you choose to present yourself. 3nodding If you choose to showcase a very trendy avatar based on cream or white or pink and pair that with a username with extra folderols and a post style that includes blinkies, I will probably not be tempted to ask you about the latest scientific innovation I've read about. If you choose an avatar that is black and white and red and dripping with blood and use the Shout post style, I will probably not ask you about this season's eye makeup trends. Does that mean I think you're a bad person, or even a bad Gaian? Not at all. Could I even be wrong about this assessment? Of course! You might be an expert in those areas that seem antithetical to your chosen appearance and manner.

This is Gaia! We can all change our entire personas every 30 minutes if we're feeling extremely dedicated, and, beyond that, some people enjoy using a certain avatar style here that doesn't represent what they would wear in real life if they could, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I fully expect other users to come to conclusions about me based on my persona, too. I am usually wearing a feminine but not frilly ensemble (somemtimes with a pet or familiar, as today), I take the time to match a Title and some Achievement Icons to my outfit, and I use a simple dark font post style (because I'm a Q&Fer for life even though I post in here sometimes User Image). What does it mean? I hope you sense that I am a person who cares about Gaia and who takes the trouble to present a cohesive avatar with a story; I hope you also sense that I don't mind if you are a very different kind of person than I am.

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Eh, I like mine better.

Greedy Drake

Noperz!

And the only time I really judge a persons avatar is when they mail me "Hello be my friend" mail with an avatar of all newbie clothes, because it ALWAYS ends up with a "Can i have this or that right after"

Dangerous Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Nightsong
Assassin Murderer Monster
M..more adorable than me?

On a more serious note, as a "cosplay" account, the avatar's appearance definitely matters. The closer to the "source material", the better.
Yes more adorable than you, 50 times more. At least.

Of course that's understandable, but why did you feel the need to make a cosplay account? I don't cosplay, this is my first and only account, I like playing around and putting different clothes together, personally I don't see the appeal of copying a real character or person other than as a little bit of fun at halloween. I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything else.

This particular avatar stemmed from having made a pretty awesome avatar for the Avatar Arena. I'd no interest in remaining on Gaia otherwise, and was slowly phasing out after more than ten years using this site. I decided to have an account to save that avatar on,.. and showcase the character himself (and the movie he is from). People who are fans of things will typically have avatars , or full accounts, to express their appreciation of whatever said thing is.

I find creating a "cosplay" avatar to be a fun challenge , to see how accurate to the character I can get using Gaia's selection of items. Some are a lot more difficult than others, which makes it more interesting.

W A N K R's Partner In Crime

Perfect Protector

13,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I think appearance is everything.

Ofc. We judge on appearances that is the first thing you see.

I feel that it does.

Unstoppable Hunter

14,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It's hard not to judge a person by their avatar, since it is the first thing I tend to look at. I am wary of 'noobish' avatars and 'Rally' avatars because of past experience. I may not be right, but it is what I am conditioned to think, after dealing with Rally stalkers and n00b beggars. sweatdrop
For my own avatar, I tend to laugh if someone judges me based on it. My avi changes with my mood, or because I saw an item I just had to use, or because I'm bored and feel like changing ten times in an hour. The only constant is that I rarely do cute, and then it's because I decided to give myself a creative challenge. The outfits I save in my 'closet' are ones that I feel like I could turn into an OC.

9,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I am the most kawaii because I have one eye. You know what they say the less eyes the more kawaii... right?

I do think people often judge people by their avatars because its the easiest thing to make first impressions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff