Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you judge someone by their avatar?

Yes 0.39568345323741 39.6% [ 55 ]
No 0.38848920863309 38.8% [ 54 ]
Gold please 0.2158273381295 21.6% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Magic Spirit

I don't really judge a person based on their avatar...but I do judge their avatar by itself? Does that make sense? Hahaha. How do I words?

Anyway, if someone has an avatar I'm not particularly fond of that doesn't stop me from talking/being friendly to them. If they have a starter avi and tlk lik dis and have a username like xX_emo_naruto_666_Xx....I mean, yeah, who wouldn't judge just a tiny bit?

I think in the GCD it's different because a lot of people here put together amazing avatars and I usually find myself being jealous and admiring rather than judging. Especially all the cosplays. <3 I love the cosplays! The other day a lot of users did pokemon cosplays and I found myself scrolling through the forum JUST to look at the avatars!

Also, I'm adorable. Just saying. <3

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I'm more likely to post when I like whatever avatar I have equipped. A good avatar acts like a little boost in confidence, and having an avatar that I like makes me want to show it off. I assume that's the same for a lot of other users. So yes, I'd say my avatar appearance is important to me.

Magnetic Lunatic

Actually you're more creepy than cute. You look like the ghost of a murdered kid. Stop haunting me, dammit, I don't know who killed you! D:

I ignore avis unless someone calls attention to them (like you are doing.) Something about the consistency of them just makes me tune them out. People posting in the wrong forums also make me look, and why yes, they usually are wearing starter clothes.

Winged Lunatic

11,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
I've always thought that Gaia gave users the chance to express themselves, by their avatars, in a way they may be unable to express themselves irl.

Judge them by their avatar...no. No more than I would judge them irl.

Magical Kitten

One of the reasons I love the GCD so much is the creativity of the users that tend to post here. I love looking at well put together avis, and I think cosplays are awesome. Its hard to do a cosplay right! We are still limited with the items we have, and to put together an avi that not only portrays the character but also looks cohesive is a real challenge.

But as for myself, Chai is my character, and I dress her in what she would wear. It just so happens to coincide with my own interests most of the time (fantasy, elegant, cute, nature-inspired are my favorite outfit themes).

I don't really judge people by their avis. If I don't care for an avi or I think its boring, that wont stop me from talking to the person if they have interesting points. Likewise, even if I think an avi is amazing, I'm not going to talk to snobby jerks and other such people. Our avis are one way we represent ourselves on the site, but I think our posts are more representative of the person behind the screen than anything.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Some people do judge others based on their avatar's style; mainly if they're wearing really cheap, ugly items. Basically, looking noobish or just plain bad at styling.

I notice comments first rather than avatars. So my opinion is formed by that, and then enhanced by the avatar, I suppose. It depends...generally I don't really care.

I think my avatar and general style is pretty cute. 3nodding I certainly like it a lot, anyway.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mishalock
I don't really judge a person based on their avatar...but I do judge their avatar by itself? Does that make sense? Hahaha. How do I words?

Anyway, if someone has an avatar I'm not particularly fond of that doesn't stop me from talking/being friendly to them. If they have a starter avi and tlk lik dis and have a username like xX_emo_naruto_666_Xx....I mean, yeah, who wouldn't judge just a tiny bit?

I think in the GCD it's different because a lot of people here put together amazing avatars and I usually find myself being jealous and admiring rather than judging. Especially all the cosplays. <3 I love the cosplays! The other day a lot of users did pokemon cosplays and I found myself scrolling through the forum JUST to look at the avatars!

Also, I'm adorable. Just saying. <3
Omg yes!
It's like I have no problem talking to you, but that doesn't stop me from judging how good/bad your avatar looks.

I think GCD is like solid Middle class, so our avis are generally good

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
I think of an avatar as a way to express yourself. Right now, I'm (adorably and awesomely) expressing my inner video game geekdom (due to E3 hype). cat_3nodding

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Well, avatars are a main part of Gaia and the Gaian
experience. So I'd assume that's why they would be
pretty important. As far as basing judgments solely on
that.. I save my judgment for the post or comment.

I don't really care what someone's avatar looks like. If
they make a valid point then I applaud. If they conduct
themselves like a ******** then I don't applaud. I'd
probably half-troll.

As far as my own avatar goes.. I don't really know what
kind of style it has. It's always changing and if I had to
name it anything it would be Soubi style. I can go from
some sort of fantasy thing one hour and then completely
change it to a kawaiiiiidessuuuneeee. Then just not care
anymore and wear whatever. XD

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Fashionable Bunny

I don't judge people by their avatars.
I like to see what's behind it.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am of the mindset of being as non-judgemental as possible, because you never know what's behind the surface.

That said, adorableness being treated as the sole value of worth for an avatar is bollocks.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
I would recommend making the mouth smaller or getting rid of it entirely. ouo;
otherwise yes is qt

Lavish Lunatic

║▌│█│║▌║▌│║║█==== Savage Rø
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it gives you a read on what could be going on in the mind of the user. Even if just slightly. I can tell if they are humorous or serious. Overall it's fun to be unique. Not once have I seen someone with an avi that looks like mine. So I know how unique people are. Like snowflakes. Yes we do judge on appearance thats the way civilization is now days. No matter how much people say they don't care about appearances or how they don't judge. EVERYONE does to a certain degree.

It has my personality written all over it. I'm a social person that has a light heart. I like to laugh and enjoy life. I feel my avi reflects it. Tip me if you got that vibe from my avi I love hearing it back from others. <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

{• •

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

L0LlTAB0T
I would recommend making the mouth smaller or getting rid of it entirely. ouo;
otherwise yes is qt

Avatars without mouths tend to creep me out. Even when they're dressed in cute lace and frills, they remind me of horror movie monsters.

Also, my own avatar creeps me out when I don't have my Masquerade nose equipped. Oddly enough, though, it doesn't phase me in the least when I see other users going noseless. I don't know why. It's a very weird double standard I have.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff