< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Widower

Festive Lightbringer

12,575 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
you're building me up just to break me down

I think I do occasionally judge people based on their avatars- but more so in the way they present themselves in the forums. If they converse eloquently without seeming too rude or ignorant to other peoples' opinions, I'll probably think of well of them regardless of their avatar.

you're being loud without a sound

Fluffy Vet

Coffee Lass
I am the most kawaii because I have one eye. You know what they say the less eyes the more kawaii... right?

I do think people often judge people by their avatars because its the easiest thing to make first impressions.
I'm sorry but all I can think of you is SAILOR MOON. That is Luna in your sig isn't it? /highpitchedgirlysqueal

Slumbering Tengu

*shrug*

I only seem to do it after I see their forum responses

like if a RIG has a lot of manlier/gender neutral items
and person X says "This RIG sucks/worst RIG ever"
and I look to their avatar and see them covered in frilly s**t
I go "of course you're gonna say that you moe blob"

or when an update is full of frills and hair
and same person X says "This is the best item ever!!!"
of course you're going to say that, you're biased
I personally think the item looks absolutely shitty
but you don't care because it's pink and has an awful leg mod

I can't help it when it comes to that
If you're not going to give a good enough response to back up your opinion
you better be ready to have your avatar speak for you

Invisible Player

I dont usually do "cute" or pink. by not usually I mean this might be the only time I have done pink. I had to buy all these items to go with the Emerald Dreams new evo.

I am so used to everyone looking awesome, I just assume when I see someone in starter clothes it is a mule or someone trying to hide their identity lol. Sounds a little paranoid.

Fluffy Vet

Konan Tatsuhiko

*shrug*

I only seem to do it after I see their forum responses

like if a RIG has a lot of manlier/gender neutral items
and person X says "This RIG sucks/worst RIG ever"
and I look to their avatar and see them covered in frilly s**t
I go "of course you're gonna say that you moe blob"

or when an update is full of frills and hair
and same person X says "This is the best item ever!!!"
of course you're going to say that, you're biased
I personally think the item looks absolutely shitty
but you don't care because it's pink and has an awful leg mod

I can't help it when it comes to that
If you're not going to give a good enough response to back up your opinion
you better be ready to have your avatar speak for you
Sorry but I must completely and utterly believe everything you say because you are a certain sir who likes classy hats and baking cakes.

Beloved Bunny

15,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
I don't really find your avatar adorable, more doll-like than anything. Dolls are kinda creepy.

I think people do judge you for your avatar, and it is a bit important; it's a way of self-expression. I think it's dumb when people try to seriously judge you based on your avatar, though.

9,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Nightsong
I'm sorry but all I can think of you is SAILOR MOON. That is Luna in your sig isn't it? /highpitchedgirlysqueal

NOO It's a selfie. I am a cat behind a computer screen. cat_razz YES ITS LUNA in front of a computer screen. /squeals with you

CyMage's Wife

Dulcet Bard

34,075 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100
First impressions are made based on the look of the avatar but I rarely ever judge someone badly on that. Just because someone has a simple avatar doesn't mean I think less of them than someone with a complicated one. But certain styles draw my eye more.

After the initial look, text is generally what I use to make opinions. I'm not fond of a lot of extra stuff in the text box and weird text colours.

Benevolent Smoker

To me it really doesn't matter how your avatar looks. I find the person that's behind the avatar to be more important.

But having a avatar you really enjoy looking at is always nice.

charmsei's Prince

cutesy angel

User Image
              i don't perceive anyone to be better or worse by their avatar in that aspect, but i usually base their taste and personal preference on how they show their avatar~ *v*; i don't know if that's a good thing or not heh;;;
              just like dressing irl

um i guess mine shows my love of cutesy things, frills and bows sweatdrop emotion_bigheart

Humorist

TheMoonsBluePassage
Avatars without mouths tend to creep me out. Even when they're dressed in cute lace and frills, they remind me of horror movie monsters.

QFT emotion_0A0

Menstrual Cramps's Partner In Crime

Fashionista

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's just like real life. People judge by what they see. For example, looking at my avatar, one would come to the conclusion that perhaps this person (at least as they are on Gaia) is somewhat aggressive, sadistic, mysterious, attractive, and quite dangerous.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

I kinda ignore adorable or Kawaii avatars as they're not very original and show little to no personality its been done to death.

Alot of folk here in the GCD have pretty unique traits, styles etc which make them stand out.
Its not really appearance but personality which defines an avatar.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

b***h plz, I am super adorbs talk2hand

As very first impressions from looking only at an avi I can only say "wow that person made a good/bad avi" and that's about it.

It's the combination of username, avi, and how that person presents themselves when talking that probably lets me get a better first impression.

I know the impression I give people by some of the reactions I get in Towns...without even talking first... ;>_>

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
" Target acquired. "

»»» My avatar is mostly used for cosplay purposes. My current avatar, as with my original when I created this account, were all cosplay designs. If not cosplaying anime or game characters there are times when I dress my avatar up as one of my own characters. I have worked on this avatar a bit, and it has evolved since creation. I believe I have it the way I want it to be, now.

I seldom dress up in an original avatar that has no background behind it as I find it boring. I also do not care for overly cutesy style avatars as they are painfully generic and overdone.

" Shutting down. "

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces