Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you judge someone by their avatar?

Yes 0.39568345323741 39.6% [ 55 ]
No 0.38848920863309 38.8% [ 54 ]
Gold please 0.2158273381295 21.6% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Fluffy Vet

Look at her. Just look at her. She makes you want to just duck pout your lips and go 'Ububububububu'

But on a more serious note:
Why do you think avatar appearance is important on Gaia?

Do you feel that people judge other users based on their avatars appearance?

How do you feel your avatar shows your sense of self and style?

Dangerous Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
M..more adorable than me?

User Image

On a more serious note, as a "cosplay" account, the avatar's appearance definitely matters. The closer to the "source material", the better.

Fluffy Vet

Assassin Murderer Monster

User Image

On a more serious note, as a "cosplay" account, the avatar's appearance definitely matters. The closer to the "source material", the better.
Yes more adorable than you, 50 times more. At least.

Of course that's understandable, but why did you feel the need to make a cosplay account? I don't cosplay, this is my first and only account, I like playing around and putting different clothes together, personally I don't see the appeal of copying a real character or person other than as a little bit of fun at halloween. I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything else.
My praying mantises are more adorable than your avatar. /End Thread.

I just like dressing up my pixel dolly.

Fluffy Vet

Krissim Klaw
My praying mantises are more adorable than your avatar. /End Thread.

I just like dressing up my pixel dolly.
I thought that mantis was a spider. No lie. That's not cute. Spider lookalikes aren't cute. GTFO THIS THREAD WILL NEVER END.

What kind of ways do you like to dress it? Is it just like playing around with any old doll for you or is it more than that?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Nightsong

User Image

Of course that's understandable, but why did you feel the need to make a cosplay account? I don't cosplay, this is my first and only account, I like playing around and putting different clothes together, personally I don't see the appeal of copying a real character or person other than as a little bit of fun at halloween. I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything else.

Some people make cosplay accounts cause switching genders around with potions can be crippling to the pockets (it's 50k a pop). I cosplay on male toons on this char, while my main cosplays female toons.

Fluffy Vet

August Star Of Heaven
Nightsong

User Image

Some people make cosplay accounts cause switching genders around with potions can be crippling to the pockets (it's 50k a pop). I cosplay on male toons on this char, while my main cosplays female toons.
I can understand that side of it, but why the need to cosplay in the first place? Do you cosplay in real life and want your avatar to reflect that or are you unable to irl cosplay and want to do it on here instead?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Nightsong
August Star Of Heaven
Nightsong

User Image

I can understand that side of it, but why the need to cosplay in the first place? Do you cosplay in real life and want your avatar to reflect that or are you unable to irl cosplay and want to do it on here instead?

There is a cosplay arena here in Gaia. Placing in it will at least net you 50k gold if you land in the top 10, top prize is 150k if i recall correctly.

Yes I was a cosplayer in real life before but having a family changes a lot of things for me. My body changed, my priorities changed. At least here, no one can discriminate me if I cosplay someone of the opposite sex and not be labeled a homo.

Fluffy Vet

August Star Of Heaven
Nightsong
August Star Of Heaven
Nightsong

User Image

There is a cosplay arena here in Gaia. Placing in it will at least net you 50k gold if you land in the top 10, top prize is 150k if i recall correctly.

Yes I was a cosplayer in real life before but having a family changes a lot of things for me. My body changed, my priorities changed. At least here, no one can discriminate me if I cosplay someone of the opposite sex and not be labeled a homo.
That's not really a lot of gold when you consider the amount of gold a lot of the items used cost, but I guess there's a kind of prestige for winning. I guess it must also be nice to have a sphere where you can still take part in cosplay without the stress of real life problems that come with the territory.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I can barely even see your avatar because it's so pale.

And I have some cosplay accounts because I find it amusing.

Fluffy Vet

Lazarus Larkin

I'm so pale I make the KKK go DAMN

What amuses you about it?

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Yes.

She is.

I'm usually pretty cute when I'm not cosplaying <3

Fluffy Vet

Yeata Zi
Yes.

She is.

:>

So many cosplay people! I'm actually kind of suprised it's so big here now. It used to be all about the art contests....

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Nightsong
Lazarus Larkin

I'm so pale I make the KKK go DAMN

What amuses you about it?

Doing it.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Nightsong
Yeata Zi
Yes.

She is.

:>

So many cosplay people! I'm actually kind of suprised it's so big here now. It used to be all about the art contests....
I only do it because I'm in a guild that does theme dress ups on certain days of the weeks.

Otherwise I'd pretty much never do it. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces