Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Flarie Hanami
Outside the GCD, I see a lot of avatars that resemble something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is most likely due to the increase in Band of Bremens, the new release of Rosamund's Redemption, and the popularity of the leg mod from Keiko's cake. Even I had an avatar that closely resembled this.^^; (See my sig! XD)

Ah that avi pose look exactly like mines, I think i need a new avatar.

Tipsy Reindeer

The Ciels and their spin-offs, definitely. But they're good and usable items. I love them. Anything with cream nowadays. Right now that Omen item is pretty popular, with its frilly purple/blackness- seems like everyone is using that blasted skirt lifting pose. There's one hairstyle from one more masculine item that it seems like every male avatar is using, but I can't honestly name the item.

Prior it was Juno's lace and any silver/white items. Little Lucie, it seems everyone had at least one pose on at one time. Alruna ran her course too. And of course waaaaay back in the day there was Chyaku scarf spam and the buckies/gaia shirt/grass skirt/slippers phenomena. And of course there was the DTail/Nitemare Scarf/Peng slippers/Romani Glasses/Steel Plated Ninja Headband avatar and it's counter-part: Banis/angelic minis/angelic scarf/seal slippers/angelic sash/angelic staff/kiki avatar.

I suspected the Stinger leg/arm mods to be fairly popular, I'm surprised they aren't being used as much as I thought they'd be.

Festive Hunter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
the zodiacal pose with the black jacket with the tie
even though I LOVE formal clothes in real life and gaia I hate when people just throw it on any avatar

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I can tell you what it's not:

Eye patches. Why don't more folks wear eye patches?

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
There are a lot of items that are a lot more popular that I would like, and there are a lot of item combinations that make people blend into one another for me.

BUT.

There's only one set of items that I can think of that are so overused that I can barely stand to see them in an avatar. And they're the Blessing/Kanoko eyes. I honestly feel like these are the eyes that some people just throw onto every avatar they make because expressions don't matter right? It's almost to the point where I immediately disregard avatars using these eyes due to how boring they've become.

Friendly Wolf

I feel that this would be easier to make a call on if I was out and about in the threads more often...

However, I do feel like I see a pair of cloud slippers every time I venture out of my normal threads... and sparkles... sparkles everywhere! >.>

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeata Zi

Absolutely. We need more variety in those.
Particularly nice black ones. I find the string on Black Ops too jagged, the colour on the Pirate Patch a bit questionable, the heart one not serious enough and the leather strap too chunky.

8 ( I can't win.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I'm always seeing Marionettes.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Jackathyn
Yeata Zi

Particularly nice black ones. I find the string on Black Ops too jagged, the colour on the Pirate Patch a bit questionable, the heart one not serious enough and the leather strap too chunky.

8 ( I can't win.
Don't I know it.

And then there is the barrage of patches that cover the wrong eye. D:

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeata Zi
Jackathyn
Yeata Zi

8 ( I can't win.
Don't I know it.

And then there is the barrage of patches that cover the wrong eye. D:

Also, that.
Is it so much to ask that it at least covers the eye that you can add that scar to? - n -;

Magnetic Gekko

For a long while all the neko items were on every 5th avi.

But I don't think I have a big enough memory to notice all the items on Gaia.

Thats' what I quite like, in the old days there were threads upon thread upon campaigns upon sig movements to get new items. blaugh

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jackathyn
Yeata Zi

8 ( I can't win.

User Image
User Image

Best Eye Patches (In my opinion) Are Zephyr Tasset and Space Pirate both are very cool.

Hesitant Mystic

For awhile it seemed like almost every female avi (including me lol) seemed to be wearing those little red shoes from Keiko's Cake.

I haven't really noticed anything else aside from that...
Girly ******** avis seem to be popular right now, you know, the ones all full of bows and frills and cakes and whatnot?

Sparkly Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
I know a few years ago I overused the Biancamella so much I sort of hate it now, and I do hate those grass skirts (although I think I may still have one in my inventory). In my early days on Gaia I wore my Black Goth Skirt and Black Goth boots a lot, but I had a much smaller inventory back then.

I've been off Gaia for quite some time so everything looks pretty new to me. One trend that I've always disliked are the super cluttered avatars. Personally I never had the urge to leave the house with every article of clothing I owned, so I never understood why anyone would want to do that to their little digital self.

Tiny Alchemist

I can't say any item in particular, but I think the GCD has bought into the idea that the tinier their feet are, the better and richer they look.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff