Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yukitsu
Dickie Twinkles
All the girly recent REIs sweatdrop

Cream, mint, washed-out pink, icy blue, frills frills FRILLS and loli.

U KNOCKIN' MY AV??????????? U WISH U WERE DIS KAWAIII!1!11! talk2hand

Aww sweatdrop

The look is very cute and lovely but so many people are using it that it makes it hard for me to tell you all apart. redface

Shy Dark Elf

I don't really think I've paid enough attention recently to be able to tell what other people use so often.

I know I use varying Elven Ears depending on the shade of myskin for an avatar, and the scissors from Saint Ciel: Agape.
All. The damn. Time.

Smitten Kitten

ThanatosRising
My brain is still stuck in the past with the Gaia T-shirt, green grass skirt, slippers, etc. I don't even know what items are used and abused anymore XP

Don't forget the platform shoes. xp

Enduring Hero

Well let me see here,

Feminine? Check!
Cream? Check!
Sainte item(s)? Check!
Rosamund item? Check!
Mint?Check!
Little Lucie? Definitely check, I'm wearing two!

.....and I like my avatar just the way she is. emotion_yatta
Whenever I see these kinds of topics, it amazes me how people don't realize two basic facts. One, how other people choose to dress their avatar is none of your business. Two, that it's not what items you use, but how you use them that makes an avatar look unique or not.

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
During the Winter season, Xmas 2k10 Event Winter Night... I can't blame anybody though. Other than Polar Tear, that's all we have. Correct me if I'm wrong whee

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Dickie Twinkles
Yukitsu
Dickie Twinkles
All the girly recent REIs sweatdrop

Cream, mint, washed-out pink, icy blue, frills frills FRILLS and loli.

U KNOCKIN' MY AV??????????? U WISH U WERE DIS KAWAIII!1!11! talk2hand

Aww sweatdrop

The look is very cute and lovely but so many people are using it that it makes it hard for me to tell you all apart. redface

hahahaah, naw it's true, though. But it's mostly because the new items match so well together so it's easier to throw something cute on with the new REIs. I've already seen like 3-4 people with a similar combination to what I'm wearing now LOL.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I rarely pay attention to other people's avatars, and whenever I do, it's either because I'm reading a topic talking about people's avatars, or I am really that bored. Of course, even if bored (along with reading about avatars), there's less than a half chance of me looking at people's avatars anyway. Lol, usually, I look at people's avatars when I recognizes someone's persona via their post/writing/view/etc. ...Wait, I guess that's another reason why I look at people's avatar.

I don't really know of any item that is "abused" by many people at once (other than the rally ones people often talk about here). I know I use the Masquerade item in a lot of my outfits, probably as much as those who uses the Little Lucie for its facial mod poses, but I don't think many people "abuse" it in a way that is like "signature item". I see it more like items are being used for its versatility, not because it's a long lasting trend.

Frozen Sex Symbol

Sagebomb
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A few years I could tell you what items are over used. Fairy wings, buck teeth, and flame pants. Now with the wide arrange of items I don't see any huge abuse/overuse of any thing.....out side of the rally zone (cloud slippers and lusty skin).

From my post on the 3rd page....everyone really did look like this XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But yeah choices have definitly got a lot more diverse.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. When I first joined I thought having all those items was the ultimate achievement on Gaia. xd

*alt version of that.
User Image
- The black belt was removed from the shop for a little bit and suddenly anyone who owned it became extra awesauce!

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shiver`

*alt version of that.
User Image
- The black belt was removed from the shop for a little bit and suddenly anyone who owned it became extra awesauce!

I forgot about the bottles XD

My (early) evolution was pretty much

User Image > User Image > User Image

Which was my main for ages.

though my path was the male path, which is why its not based around the more female style.

(And I tried to be somewhat different at least in what I could afford)

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Oeuf
Your Blushing Paladin
I don't know about specific items, but I see this all the time with color.

Like Cream and mint, those colors have been on the raise.

But as for items, Light Spirit? IDK
omfg, this ;x;
im so sick of cream and mint
i mean i wear cream and mint SOMETIMES... but still, its just ANNOYING to see people thinking theyre the shiz because theyre wearing - oh damnnn - CREAM & MINT

burning_eyes
sickening
I don't find it so bad, I still think it's easier to make than Pink avis

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
I abuse the Sainte Ciel: Agape item for the scissors, but I use the item tastefully as I hate that most of the hair I like is Long and Ridiculous. XD

But the s**t that I find overused. . Basically Cream colours / Pastels, and s**t. And leg mods. . Sure, sometimes they look cool, but the majority of the time they look terrible to me. Never cared for them much.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
While certain color combinations are (... and have always been, and will probably always be-) subject to cycles of popularity, from the perspective of someone who comes and goes from the site there do seem to be a LOT fewer individual everyone's-gotta-have items than there used to be.

What few fad pieces there are these days also don't seem to last as long in the collective closet as the "IT Items" of the past. I chalk that up to how frequently Gaia releases new things, and two years from now many of those Ciel & Rosie series poses are likely to be in the same boat as Urn shoe-clips and Zero hair.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Shiver`
Sagebomb
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A few years I could tell you what items are over used. Fairy wings, buck teeth, and flame pants. Now with the wide arrange of items I don't see any huge abuse/overuse of any thing.....out side of the rally zone (cloud slippers and lusty skin).

From my post on the 3rd page....everyone really did look like this XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But yeah choices have definitly got a lot more diverse.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. When I first joined I thought having all those items was the ultimate achievement on Gaia. xd

*alt version of that.
User Image

The weird thing now is that the angelic and nightmare headbands were the most expensive things on those avatars!

MCs were about 5k then and the headbands 100k+

If MCs cost up to 200k now then that's like paying 4mil for one of those bands! And that's not even taking into account how much easier it is to earn gold now and how unappreciated MCs are gonk eek

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
✘✘✘
    Any cutesy REI. Especially one that ends really well like Band of Bremen. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff