Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
All the girly recent REIs sweatdrop

Cream, mint, washed-out pink, icy blue, frills frills FRILLS and loli.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Ophelias Flower
I think Nightweaver arms might be my least favorite arm mod on gaia.
Because the arms are so anatomically incorrect they are the length, if not longer of legs.
Kills me.
With that pose, I like to pretend that my avi's arms magically stretch out for night weaving purposes. Then, they shrink back down to normal size. xd

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Dickie Twinkles
All the girly recent REIs sweatdrop

Cream, mint, washed-out pink, icy blue, frills frills FRILLS and loli.

U KNOCKIN' MY AV??????????? U WISH U WERE DIS KAWAIII!1!11! talk2hand

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
Lusty. Well just the skin.
If lusty was in the 200-300ks I'd buy it for that fab sunset background.
It's a wonderful background!

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A few years I could tell you what items are over used. Fairy wings, buck teeth, and flame pants. Now with the wide arrange of items I don't see any huge abuse/overuse of any thing.....out side of the rally zone (cloud slippers and lusty skin).

Dog

Everything on my avatar hehe. c:

No but in all seriousness, I hardly find anything
overused (could be due to the fact I live in the
AT). I think it was more apparent what items
were overused a couple years back.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Usually the most overused item is a girly item either released as an REI (Band of Bremen) Or atm moment Dark Omen. Essentially an item released within the last month or so.

Which is fine since its nice for items to have a popularity streak apon release.

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
ThanatosRising
My brain is still stuck in the past with the Gaia T-shirt, green grass skirt, slippers, etc. I don't even know what items are used and abused anymore XP

And don't forget the Buck Teeth!

I feel the same way! There are now far too many items out there for me to really be able to keep track (or want to) at this point. Everything cycles through so fast!

I think half of all users looked something like this at some point in '04:

User Image

Mega Bit

Anything that just came out is overused, but I think that is expected. Whenever it is a pose I don't really like I kind of cringe as I scroll through forums, since a lot of people are wearing it. I wouldn't call any of that 'abuse' though.

I wish that the pretty dark blue wasn't mixed with cream though in so many recent items. I'd like to see it by itself or with some other color.

Shy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think items are mostly overused when they first come out.
It's one of those, "OMG. NEW ITEMS. MUST HAVE. MUST WEAR."
I love my Sante: Ciel, but I don't use it too much unless it is the scissors or face mod.
RR..... What can I say? This has to be my favorite item ever now....

The only time I really think of things as being overused is when I step into Rally.
It's terrible, and I can't believe how much the avatars all look alike!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I really can't think of anything. There are plenty of popular items and that will depend on which forum/hangout you go to.

Undead Enchantress

If it becomes rally staple, it automatically becomes abused.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A few years I could tell you what items are over used. Fairy wings, buck teeth, and flame pants. Now with the wide arrange of items I don't see any huge abuse/overuse of any thing.....out side of the rally zone (cloud slippers and lusty skin).

From my post on the 3rd page....everyone really did look like this XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But yeah choices have definitly got a lot more diverse.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
You know a lot of people are harping on Rally kids for liking a certain handful of items, but it's always easiest to identify a "problem area" when you're an outsider looking in at a group. I also think the term "overused" is debatable; the implication is that the person making an avatar should do so to please the observer instead of the avatar maker. Granted, that is the goal of some, but others may genuinely like an item.

I can say without a doubt that the Sainte items are a hallmark of the GCD. I myself am "guilty" of using it; I am in fact wearing it and Rosamund's Revenge right now. Another couple of items popular with the GCD are Literary Luxury, Juno's Lace, Zodiacal, and Pink Dragoness. Though there are users that favor these items outside of the GCD, of course, they seem particularly prolific here. That is neither good nor bad, it simply is what it is. The old standards (buckteeth, grass skirt, Gaia tshirt) arose from a time with incredibly limited choices for self expression. There will never be items as prolifically used as they were in their heyday due to the variety of choices we have now.
Steel-plated Ninja Band & Devil Tail

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces