Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random upon random posts by children who should be in the chatter box.

Their posts get moved, but they only do it again. Why aren't they warned? If you can get warned for posting something inappropriate, then why can you not get warned for posting in the wrong forum?

I would like to hear ideas from all about rules and punishments for spaming.

Just a thought.
Feel free to flame.
What, like, tracing them to their houses with ED user manuals? Strict punishment in dark, locked closets for those that deviate from the rules?
agree...i hate spammers in ED
gulliverddb
What, like, tracing them to their houses with ED user manuals? Strict punishment in dark, locked closets for those that deviate from the rules?

More like a system of warnings and possible banning.
I actually agree, warnings are a good idea. We get the most annoying posts in the Writer's Forum. Random people come in and post crappy writing in the wrong place and we flame the hell outta them because we're so annoyed with all the misplaced threads.

I like the idea. It would be a lot of work for the mods, though.
Io-347
I actually agree, warnings are a good idea. We get the most annoying posts in the Writer's Forum. Random people come in and post crappy writing in the wrong place and we flame the hell outta them because we're so annoyed with all the misplaced threads.

I like the idea. It would be a lot of work for the mods, though.

Well, there is more Mods now anyway, so they could make a few of the new mods strictly ED mods.

It wouldn't really be that hard.
This is, actuall, spam. I know of at least two threads that had been made before this. And they were both moved to General Discussion or some such place...Where I expect this will be moved as well. As for the punishments, I will post what has been said:

1st offense: deletion/removal of thread and a warning.
2nd offense: deletion/removal of thread and a temporary banning.
3rd offense: deletion/removal of thread and a permanent banning.
gulliverddb
I'm thinking execution by firing squad would work nicely. *rolls eyes*

I don't think he was thinking of anything that severe. But how about a PM sent saying something along the lines of, "Your post was moved to this section of the forums because the place you posted it in was not appropriate. Please be more considerate in the future. Continued and extended problems of this nature will result in banning."

And, why banning? Why not small fines taken out of gold? Like... three warnings, and then 5 gold or so taken with each inappropriate post. Except it would be entirely too much work for the mods.
OOH OOH!!!!

EDAED!!!

OMFG GAWD!!!!

Is there a point here? No.
Well i think some one gets pmed, cuz once i did that, and someone pmed me and said that my topic was moved to another place thingy.
poopshootjesus
Random upon random posts by children who should be in the chatter box.

Their posts get moved, but they only do it again. Why aren't they warned? If you can get warned for posting something inappropriate, then why can you not get warned for posting in the wrong forum?

I would like to hear ideas from all about rules and punishments for spaming.

Just a thought.
Feel free to flame.

they are in turn just like you, posting useless topics where they don't belong.
Could the tech department set it up so that, upon posting in a forum for a first time, you're redirected to a page describing what is acceptable and what is not on that particular forum, with a ToS-style "I Understand" checkbox. While it doesn't change the system fundamentally, it will force newbies to take a little more time before they post - and increase the likelihood that they read some form of the forum rules.

I don't think spam posts result more from malicious posters, or posters with poor judgment, but rather ignorant posters. Informing them, not just letting them inform themselves, is key.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff