Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charity.l.bedell
Temujuin
I agree, though I havent seen anyone flaming mods sweatdrop
Trust me. They PM them or they use mule accounts.
Yah, my friend was a mod once (( he quit, because he was tired of all the hate and work )) and he told me all the time that he never had an empty pm box, someone was always complaining and bitching at him.
I love Mods a lot. They work really hard, and are really speedy in any requests I ask of them. I always thank them afterwards. They work so hard to keep gaia safe and fun. They really need to be respected. heart
I agree. Mods and sometimes the Admins are very underappreciated.

how sad... cry because they are so awesome! I think some people just get jealous of their power, or the fact that a lot of them have minis. XP

O.G. Gaian

My Good-Bye to Gaia thread got deleted when I made them.

And I got banned for two weeks for it.

Am I anti-Mod?

Of course not! heart
akumu oni
Charity.l.bedell
Temujuin
I agree, though I havent seen anyone flaming mods sweatdrop
Trust me. They PM them or they use mule accounts.
Yah, my friend was a mod once (( he quit, because he was tired of all the hate and work )) and he told me all the time that he never had an empty pm box, someone was always complaining and bitching at him.
They shouldn't be though...
The mods do wonderful work, and you would probably find that the only people who hate them are people who've broken rules, thus gotten something disabled or gotten banned.

At least, if most of us hate them, we're too mature to complain. Besides, they fix problems that n00bs create.
They just had a thread moved to the Chatterbox. That's all.
My thread was once deleted and I had a very "interesting" conversation with a moderator. I was very heated and said some nasty things. Of course I did it in a polite way.

It turned out it was a mistake on my part and a miscommunication on hers. In the end my thread was restored but I felt embarrased at my behavior later. I let my emotions take over my good judgement and respectability. Mods are awsome and they do a good job! I don't know what we would do without them!

Gatekeeper

I have always wondered...do mods get free stuff? o.O

Versatile Explorer

8,975 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
ThePrizeFighterInferno

No. They just happen to have good stuff because they posted a lot, which is how they became a mod in the first place. This is why you see a lot of mods with minis, halos, etc.
Iteru
ThePrizeFighterInferno

No. They just happen to have good stuff because they posted a lot, which is how they became a mod in the first place. This is why you see a lot of mods with minis, halos, etc.
Actually Mods are chosen because of the way they present them selves. If you know the ToS, report inapropriate threads and the like then you have a shot of being made either a helper or a Mod. Lanzer himself sends you the PM.

Gatekeeper

Charity.l.bedell
Iteru
ThePrizeFighterInferno

Actually Mods are chosen because of the way they present them selves. If you know the ToS, report inapropriate threads and the like then you have a shot of being made either a helper or a Mod. Lanzer himself sends you the PM.
That would be so cool. A PM from Lanzer. xd

I'm still a bit sad about the GCD AA being moved to the Chatterbox ._. *emocide*
ThePrizeFighterInferno
Charity.l.bedell
Iteru
ThePrizeFighterInferno

That would be so cool. A PM from Lanzer. xd

I'm still a bit sad about the GCD AA being moved to the Chatterbox ._. *emocide*
All the HOT's were moved to the Chatterbox. DYBiM was just the last one.. and actually part of the reason I made this topic....
I've developed a little saying. The people who complain about mod abuse are most often people who abuse the mods. It's not always true, sure, but unfortunately more often than not, it is sweatdrop

People don't really understand how hard it is to moderate a forum as big as Gaia. They complain about "Mods slacking off" or the like, when the truth is, we simply need more moderators. whee

Often people do have emotional ties to what they do. I do understand that. Such threads like GCD AA, though, I knew would be moved sometime. HOTs have been cracked down upon. Such as the E'xD Patrons thread in ED. It was moved and people made a FUSS. sweatdrop But you have to look beyond that emotion and see that it's not just you. whee
In ways I don't agree with some of their decisions, but they do have to move many topics and they have to deal with reports and crap from random people.

Good job mods! Keep up the work! ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces