Welcome to Gaia! ::

Minievents

You're just not trying hard enough, loser. 0.27380952380952 27.4% [ 46 ]
They make me want to scream. 0.46428571428571 46.4% [ 78 ]
Your mom 0.26190476190476 26.2% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 168 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Shy Rogue

The only time I get annoyed at these events is if they don't announce them till after it's finished, or they start at a stupid hour in my timezone.
When I noticed there was some mini event going on, it was 1am for me and I stayed up till 2am to get some of the dragons. Of course that means I missed quite a lot too, so now I have to hope that the same dragons will become active again later tonight so I can get the other items too. emotion_8c
I hate events that happen like this because I often miss them.

I don't mind these events, I just wish they'd announced it before they started it. It makes no sense to start something like this without alerting the users of Gaia properly.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
In mini-events like this my problem is usually time.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

I'm a bit peeved that I missed the first few dragons because I did not know a thing about them.Only found out late because of the alert about them in staff notes.:<

Cambrie Noel's Husband

Wicked Demigod

Lorret
The only time I get annoyed at these events is if they don't announce them till after it's finished, or they start at a stupid hour in my timezone.
When I noticed there was some mini event going on, it was 1am for me and I stayed up till 2am to get some of the dragons. Of course that means I missed quite a lot too, so now I have to hope that the same dragons will become active again later tonight so I can get the other items too. emotion_8c
I hate events that happen like this because I often miss them.

I don't mind these events, I just wish they'd announced it before they started it. It makes no sense to start something like this without alerting the users of Gaia properly.

I have the same problem.. I live in Denmark and that means the event happens in the middle of the night here x.x "luckily" I have a mild case of insomnia these days so I stayed up for a bit >>;
I did manage to get Ebonscald's sword though, and damnit I love it D: <

It does suck that these events take place so late, but no matter what, some people will always miss out on the events due to their respective timezones x.x nothing to do about it really.. Another time and the Australians could miss out.. or our Asian users could miss out on the events..

I don't mind these events, I love how they do these things.. whether it's unannounced or not.. I think it's cool x) but I do agree that some kind of public warning would be nice.. not everyone follow the staff's journals/offsite blogs and whatever.. or are befriended with them to see their hints in statuses.. but I do appreciate that those who see it, do share it with the rest of us!

Kawaii Bunny

The problems I have with such short-lived events is with the timezones. Of course it makes sense that the events will occur when the Gaia staff are at work, but they often seem to happen at night for me, so I sleep through them and never notice them. Especially the ones with a limited amount of items, by the time I'm up, all the items have been given away.

I also hate the ones where an npc has to quote my posts in order to get an item or acheivement, because they never do. I especially dislike them when the event forum starts out with actual discussion, then a few people notice that being quoted by the npc results in an item, and the forum ends up with pages and pages of threads asking the npc to appear and quote them.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

Well, I missed out on the event completely yesterday and the event's gonna during my shift. lol Thanks Gaia.

Mini-events are nice and I do appreciate the staff doing extra little things for us. The items and the dragons look really nice. The lack of notice and timezones issues just kind of suck though.

Hallowed Bunny

15,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I was lucky to be online when the dragons forum opened; it was just there all of a sudden, and I wandered around and entered the first dice contest without having a clue what was going on. It just looked fun.

I confess that I am kind of sorry that it is a mini event at all. I looked forward to just hanging out there, since I showed up when it was brand new and there weren't already regs and established threads.

But I still think it's a cool event and am grateful to the artists for throwing it. ^.^

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
normally I like the forum mini-events. They're fun, sometimes annoying, but don't last long enough to be too bothersome.

THIS ONE HOWEVER
goddammit
It's contained in its own forum, so that doesn't bug me- what bugs me is I'll never have a chance to get any of the items, and if there is an achievement SO HELP ME I will be so ******** pissed.
It's really not fair, the mini-event started last night after I had gone to work, and today will not restart until after I've gone to work.
I don't really feel like I need any of the event items, but hey, I'd like them! Free items are free items!
But it's just so UGH that it's only available at certain times and
this is so frustrating, omfg
I don't think there's anything wrong with the event itself; the idea seems pretty solid and is a low maintenance way for Gaia to promote its forums more. But, they should have had a staff alert or announcement telling members that this event was going to start at a certain time and how long the event would last for, that way more people could get in on it. That said, it's an easy way to earn a few more items, provided you're lucky enough to refresh the forum at the right moment.

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I really hate those first come first serve events. I also don't like the ones that randomly pick who gets items. Those really seem unfair to me. Some people work, sleep, and have lives outside of Gaia. They really kinda piss me off to no end because I wind up missing out and have to try desperately to save for one or a few items I really like because people frigging post the items for ridiculous amounts of gold that I can never seem to get. Least with May The 4th everyone got a chance at the item.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
lol no one cares if you are sick.

I honestly dislike minievents that require you to post, I like events that have you interact in the site. Like looking for random bunnies around the site, or going to a virtual world and doing quests for the lulz.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
This dragon event is so freaking stressful
If you walk away for even a minute, you may miss something gjfcngvfdc

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
lilloulou
Limited chance based mini-events. Sometimes, they are really really hard to get sweatdrop I remember one of the St-Patrick's mini-event where Odanodan wouldn't quote me to grant me the item even if I kept posting again, and again and again... stare
What an a**...meanwhile I hung around a tavern based thread and his drunken self just wouldn't leave us alone!

It was quite humorous actually xd

Yeah...these brief events, I always miss them.
My sig is left over from the Risky Angels fiasco. I drew a picture and only got tipped. Many people drew great things and were only tipped and not granted the item. So I drew a picture of what Diedrich must have looked like while stomping on everyone's hopes.

He never gave me a Risky Angels. neutral

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i slept through the first day/announcement of event since in live in the UK and kind of had to sleep at sometime before midnight to be able to stay awake at work today (since today at my work is pay day and i'm our only payroll clerk and i'd have had a day of answering-work-related-phonecalls-at-home-for-no-pay if i had called in sick today).

i did get risky angels though.
but i don't think i've ever equipped it since i don't really like it much.

i'm just glad there are no achievements or tonight would be a night of no sleep at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff