Welcome to Gaia! ::

Minievents

You're just not trying hard enough, loser. 0.27380952380952 27.4% [ 46 ]
They make me want to scream. 0.46428571428571 46.4% [ 78 ]
Your mom 0.26190476190476 26.2% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 168 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Rare

Today I was sick with a case of the stomach flu. Along with the usual symptoms, imagine my surprise that today turns out to be a minievent day, in which you have to rapidfire post in a tiny window of time in order to get sweet dragon l00ts. Needless to say, I now have a headache. I hope there is the eventual opportunity to get all dragon items, seeing as it was in an unannounced event in an unknown forum and all.

This minievent also reminds me of past minievents that inspired ire: for one, the Risky Angels event, in which random anon gifts turned to random gifts based on crappy doodles, resulting in an ultrarare 8 mil item, and the meowbook catfaces event, which resulted in only 500 of an item found in a place nobody would look. Not to mention forum minievents that, when not contained, basically make the forums for the day dedicated to them.

I don't know. Maybe this dragon thing will actually work out sort of and everyone will get a piece of the pie. But with only 136 Ethelos in existence and an about 1/90000 chance of killing Ebonscald, I'm not sure how this will go.

Discuss:

-Minievents-- hate 'em? love 'em? Too unfair? First come first serve?
-Current minievent-- fun competition or impossible tomfoolery?
-I'm going to eat some toast.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I'm hoping that the dragon horn ones will repeat.

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Sir Black Tea

I wasn't even around for Risky Angels, though given what the item for that was, I've always regretted not being here when it happened. Couldn't care less about Meowbook, and Dragons Be Here is quickly shaping up to be yet another botched attempt at bread and circuses. I'm not going to bother with that one.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Limited chance based mini-events. Sometimes, they are really really hard to get sweatdrop I remember one of the St-Patrick's mini-event where Odanodan wouldn't quote me to grant me the item even if I kept posting again, and again and again... stare

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
As long as there's no "get them all" achievement I'm fine with it.

i don't have to get every item. it's supposed to be a fun event. if it stresses you out, then uh...eh. meh. idk.

although events are more fun if stuff is fair. the easier it is to get an item, the less stressful the event seems to be for people. people like doing things at their own pace, anyway.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
lilloulou
Limited chance based mini-events. Sometimes, they are really really hard to get sweatdrop I remember one of the St-Patrick's mini-event where Odanodan wouldn't quote me to grant me the item even if I kept posting again, and again and again... stare

omg i don't like the events that take you to Spamalot, or are based on chance crying

at least with the dragon ones you just have to post once.
although there's that aspect of chance with being on when a dragon thread is going..

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          It's kind of a funny move to make after the whole issue with staff layoffs. You would think they'd be interested in making an accessible mini-event that everyone enjoys rather than one that infuriates people.
i don't mind mini events i kinda like them i'm just annoyed that they don't give ppl. a warning about them they send the notice out like hours after it starts :/

Fallen Dragon

Oh god the Risky Angels event
I drew like 4 pictures and just got tipped for all of them
;_;
but just like everyone else i hope there are other chances to get the items of the other dragons.
I don't think this one is as bad as Risky Angels or the April Fool's Cat Face items, but it's pretty much destroyed my entire evening XP I had things I was supposed to be doing, but now I'm here refreshing the page over and over for fear I might miss another dragon.

I definitely prefer events that are less luck based or that give enough time for me to do at my own rate tho

Magical Cat

yum_tea
Coffee Cat says:

Pretty silly. No one even knew this was happening before the dragons were gone.
User Image

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Existential Existence
lilloulou

omg i don't like the events that take you to Spamalot, or are based on chance crying

at least with the dragon ones you just have to post once.
although there's that aspect of chance with being on when a dragon thread is going..

Yeah... at least we only need to post once smile

If the "spamalot" events aren't too repetitive and doesn't require too much time to do, it's not that bad. Like, let's say you need to post 50 times and everything is done, it's not too bad since the time you will need for the event is set and can be approximated. The problem when chance is involved is that it can take you really little time, or A LOT of time which can get ridiculous if there's no "after x tries, we just give the poor little user the item for his sanity".

Off Topic Edit: Loves your avatar~ It's pretty fitting with the little dragon in the sky protecting the treasure smile

Magic Hobo

... Gosh I hope there are second chances to get all the previous items. I was busy all day picking up slack at work from the crazy lady who got herself fired for screaming at a coworker in front of patients yesterday and has now turned into a potentially violent stalker.

o uo;

Rare

Suun Sha
Oh god the Risky Angels event
I drew like 4 pictures and just got tipped for all of them
;_;
but just like everyone else i hope there are other chances to get the items of the other dragons.

The whole tipping thing felt like, "Good, buuut not good enough for an item."

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I'm not QUITE ready to be pissed off yet, because the ones that were already missed might make reappearances, but if they don't -- and MULTIPLE reappearances, because yes it IS unfair that I didn't know the event was going on because I was taking bike rides with my nephew instead of sitting around on my a** -- then I will be really, really livid.

Right now I still have a sliver of tentative hope, but damn this could easily become infuriating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff