Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

6,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Window Shopper 100
>w<-;;; i hope they get tsubasa or other clamp works inspired clothes! emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Looks fun! I can't wait to see it! 4laugh

Rainbow Hoarder

16,575 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Troy the confuzed
Do want! emotion_kirakira
I just hope that it's not cash only. It would be nice to have some cash items and some gold items. Maybe have official sponsor items be cash, and have "inspired-by but different" items be gold.

I think that would be a pretty nifty idea, actually. I don't know that they could actually do that, though, since 1: a lot of the 'inspired by but different' cosplay items are CIs and it would be a little unfair if you could just buy them outright, and 2: since they ARE slightly different for copyright purposes, it might bring up legal issues for them to make it more obvious that they're intended to be slight alterations from designs in specific, copyrighted series.

Cygnus Fangirl

xxxxxxxxピカピカぴかりん、じゃん!けん!ポン!

OH GOD SHE WENT YANGIRE ON ME WHEN I WENT IN

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DON'T KILL ME ;;; m ;;;

Tipsy Reindeer

BLK Kitti
ninja-no-ryu
Interesting. Not happy about the cash-ness. But interesting idea. I like anime items.

Shopkeeper looks like a trap though.

It would be INCREDIBLE if it were a trap! heart

Be certainly interesting if this is true. I'm neither here nor there on traps, but they do need some representing on gaia I suppose. 3nodding
Quote:
Use this transmutation circle to unlock one of the treasures based off of the popular anime, Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood!

Does this mean that it's sort of like a mini-RIG? Or do you really get the watch?

Fluffy Creature

BLK Kitti
Troy the confuzed
Do want! emotion_kirakira
I just hope that it's not cash only. It would be nice to have some cash items and some gold items. Maybe have official sponsor items be cash, and have "inspired-by but different" items be gold.

I think that would be a pretty nifty idea, actually. I don't know that they could actually do that, though, since 1: a lot of the 'inspired by but different' cosplay items are CIs and it would be a little unfair if you could just buy them outright, and 2: since they ARE slightly different for copyright purposes, it might bring up legal issues for them to make it more obvious that they're intended to be slight alterations from designs in specific, copyrighted series.

I was assuming that the "inspired by but different" items would be new, not ones from CIs. But you do have a point.
Jaxent
▶ ▶ gaia_crown
      Wow! Nice find! I'm not really sure how this anime-inspired clothing will
      look, considering that a lot of our items have already been inspired by anime.
      I'll be looking forward to see what's in store for us in the future! Hopefully that
      "Only Available in The U.S." error is just temporary while it's being set up,
      because if that's the case, there will be a lot of angered Gaians, now doubt.

User Image
Store Front
User Image
Alchemy-related item inside?

Look! It's DJ Helsing! *points*

Magical Neko

24,275 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
BLK Kitti
Neko Athena
BLK Kitti
Magus
General Error
We're sorry, but this store is only available to users in the U.S.

neutral

Oh no! D: That HAS to be only because it's under construction! I would think that it'd be a little silly if they had a new cosplay shop open only to Americans.
if the stuff is licensed in america only then the sponsors might not let it be available outside. sad i hope that isn't the case though.

Huh, but- what would happen when people inevitably list items for re-sale in the Marketplace? D: That would be REALLY hard to keep track of, if they were trying to keep US-copyright items only within the circle of US-based users.
i don't think that would be an issue, but the FMA item is GCash, right? so that means real money. i guess if it's resold for fake money it's ok? idk licensing is kinda complicated and dumb, esp. in america.

Rainbow Hoarder

16,575 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
electropoisonwaves
Quote:
Use this transmutation circle to unlock one of the treasures based off of the popular anime, Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood!

Does this mean that it's sort of like a mini-RIG? Or do you really get the watch?

Oooh, that's fascinating! Maybe it IS a mini-RIG of sorts, but you're guaranteed to get one of however-many FMA: Brotherhood items and not just some throw-away like Deluxe Flame Pants?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
wow - a real surprise!!!
that was a REAL surprise gAIA!!!!!!

not even a peep about it anywhere...o.O

Demonic Citizen

User Image

neutral Gaia, please for the love of God say this is an error and we don't actually have a shop that is American-only.
Because if its not an error I will be pissed. I do not want to be shut off because I do not live in the 'right' country.

User Image

Champion

She's like that anime character from Air Gear where when the eye patch goes on the other eye, a different persona comes out.

Champion

Under The Darkness
User Image

neutral Gaia, please for the love of God say this is an error and we don't actually have a shop that is American-only.
Because if its not an error I will be pissed. I do not want to be shut off because I do not live in the 'right' country.

User Image
Unfortunately it is. Read the parentheses at the bottom:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-items-come-to-gaia/t.78916911/

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Aw, I hope I can access it soon. /from England emo
BAAW, I can't. Oh well - them's the law.

The shop girl's so cute! I remember her from the profile background thing, I think. Either way, this shop sounds awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff