Welcome to Gaia! ::

Although it looks pretty cool and I probably would not buy things from it I am pissed off that I cannot even have a look because I'm outside of America.
Exclusion is not a good thing Gaia.

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200
It could be liscencing or it could be part of the contract Gaia signed to get the sponsor.
Hell it could be both.
If it was a part of the contract then by breaking it Gaia would be open to lawsuit not to mention ruining the relationship with the company they signed with thus eliminating the future of sponsor deals.
But there is a chance after the sponsorship ends the shop will become available and stock future non exclusive "cosplay" and sponsor items.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed

NOT HAPPY W/THIS!!!! IT SUCKS THAT PEOPLE WHO LIVES OUTSIDE USA CAN'T BUY THE STUFF FROM THE STORE!!!! I HATE IT!!!!!

and it IS stupid... since you still can buy the s**t in the MP... IT HAVE NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!

Scurvy Pirate

Tsukita-chan

NOT HAPPY W/THIS!!!! IT SUCKS THAT PEOPLE WHO LIVES OUTSIDE USA CAN'T BUY THE STUFF FROM THE STORE!!!! I HATE IT!!!!!

and it IS stupid... since you still can buy the s**t in the MP... IT HAVE NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!

It all comes down to copyright laws unfortunately. Our partner for these items, FUNimation, only has the rights and licenses to distribute the content in the U.S. They legally cannot sell the content outside of the country's boundaries and as an extension of that, neither can we. The Cash Shop has to follow the same rules and laws that FUNimation itself has to follow which means it can only be available for U.S. residents. That said, once someone buys an item, it is completely up to them to do with it what they want and if they choose to sell it to another user, even one outside of the U.S. for gold or other items, well that's not something we can control so the copyright laws that we have to follow do not get extended to the purchasing user in that case. That's pretty much the short and sweet, non-legal jargon, version of why it's set up like it is.
You see that? Now will you people calm the hell down?

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Uncle Kenny
Tsukita-chan

It all comes down to copyright laws unfortunately. Our partner for these items, FUNimation, only has the rights and licenses to distribute the content in the U.S. They legally cannot sell the content outside of the country's boundaries and as an extension of that, neither can we. The Cash Shop has to follow the same rules and laws that FUNimation itself has to follow which means it can only be available for U.S. residents. That said, once someone buys an item, it is completely up to them to do with it what they want and if they choose to sell it to another user, even one outside of the U.S. for gold or other items, well that's not something we can control so the copyright laws that we have to follow do not get extended to the purchasing user in that case. That's pretty much the short and sweet, non-legal jargon, version of why it's set up like it is.

for that I hate FUNimation.... I know is good for Gaia to have sponsors (and good for us too) but this is really sad --.--
I hope the next sponsors you will have aren't FUNimation... I love FMA and I was about to spend my money in this... o well
emotion_donotwant

tks for the answer BTW <3

13,650 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mio_Mikata
it has a FMA brotherhood watch in it....

HOLY s**t ARE WE GETTING A COSPLAY SHOP?!?!?!

edit: Picturefor those who cant see it.

Thanks! I'm in England. :/
...I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion that the shopkeeper is actually a boy...

Unbeatable Phantom

Veridiann
...I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion that the shopkeeper is actually a boy...

YES. I came in to post the same exact thing. I told my roommate that she definitely has a male's figure. Seeing that alternate image on the front page has me pretty convinced.

Invisible Friend

8,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Mio_Mikata
it has a FMA brotherhood watch in it....

HOLY s**t ARE WE GETTING A COSPLAY SHOP?!?!?!

edit: Picturefor those who cant see it.

the picture wont load...

Generous Elder

18,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Champion 300
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
meowmeowkitty
Veridiann

YES. I came in to post the same exact thing. I told my roommate that she definitely has a male's figure. Seeing that alternate image on the front page has me pretty convinced.

I disagree. I think it's that old cliche of sweet girl with insane alter ego
meowmeowkitty
Veridiann

Oh good, I'm not alone @__@

Given the usual anime tropes, and the general stereotypes of otaku / anime fans, a boy trying to cosplay as a lolita girl, acting moe, refusing to reveal his real name because it's 'boring' ((and revealing of gender)) from his favorite anime... not all that surprising.

In fact I'll be more surprised if it really IS a girl o-o

Unbeatable Phantom

ManateeMan
meowmeowkitty
Veridiann

I disagree. I think it's that old cliche of sweet girl with insane alter ego

I guess I just think a crossdresser would be more interesting. I love yangire and yandere but I feel its getting overdone. So maybe its just that I am hoping for a crossdresser XD

Unbeatable Phantom

Veridiann
meowmeowkitty
Veridiann

Oh good, I'm not alone @__@

Given the usual anime tropes, and the general stereotypes of otaku / anime fans, a boy trying to cosplay as a lolita girl, acting moe, refusing to reveal his real name because it's 'boring' ((and revealing of gender)) from his favorite anime... not all that surprising.

In fact I'll be more surprised if it really IS a girl o-o

I feel like she's got a very boyish figure, her torso is so flat and lacking in any curves at all. I have seen tons of guys dressed in gothic lolita clothes at anime conventions, so I don't think its farfetched..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff