Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Buying a set, and wearing said set together are two totally different things. I know quite a few things in the gold shop that I want to be more than one colour of the same thing. I usually buy one out of a whole set because I don't usually have much gold on hand.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
When new items come out in the GS i generally buy every item in orange and yellow.
But in the case of the new headbands last year, i bought every last one

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I don't ever buy sets, I will buy the same item in different shades though.

Sets kill my creativity and ability to match things. emo

Sincerely,

Lady Xem

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
I h8 just matching colors; i go for a story or whatever i think looks neat

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

I'm always kicking myself for seeing a new gold shop item that I love, and then buying it in every color.
I won't always buy the shoes, AND the coats, AND the hats, etc., but, for example, the Raven tails in I think Barton Boutique, I bought all of them, and have only used the red/ black one.

If it's an item that I find later on, while trying to jazz up an avi, I'll usually behave and only buy the one color that I need. (Forehead jewels, for example.)

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
i buy sets yes, but i try to use the individual pieces indivudually
If I really like the set, then yes. But usually I just buy individual pieces.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
I just get what I need for a particular avi at a time. Eventually I may grab the other colours or whatever of a set, but I don't use them all together.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I buy whole sets but I never wear more than two pieces from a set.

I'm the same IRL, I hate it when all my clothes come from the same shop or I see a mannequin wearing the same as me! gonk

● I just buy the colours that I use the most, like black, white, orange, blue, red and yellow.
          Or I sometimes buy the whole set, if I can.
          If I really like them all.
Entire sets for me then when I get to my inventory I start to mix and match. I have too much stuff sweatdrop

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I buy whichever items I feel will come in handy when I design new avis, whether at the moment or in the future.
I never use more than one set item at a time though. I like the challenge of creating avis with no sets.
But having the items on hand when I'm playing around with items & poses is very helpful.

Dead Hellraiser

I don't use sets much (on rare occasions I'll use two or three poses on the same item, but that's it.) It's just plain boring if you center your avatar around one set.

Tipsy Reindeer

I prefer to mix and match. It is very rare that I'd get a whole set, and now that I think about it I can't say I actually own a "complete" set of items... I don't think I actually do, at least not a set of more than two items anyway. I'll have to look. confused Usually I'll buy only what I think is useful, and for non-store multipose items I'll usually only get two of that item max. You know, because sets lack creativity and all that jazz. Though I keep in mind that owning a set of items and using that set of items on one avatar are two totally different things. After all, different parts of a set can be useful for different applications.

I will admit I think there is only one item I wouldn't mind getting a couple more of to complete the outfit set... but that's only because I really like that item.

Big Member

I just buy every single item I like. No regrets! Unless I don't have enough gold. Boooooooo... :C

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff