Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why is Marie doing this?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Hey all, I just thought I'd put this out as a thought: Marie's motive. I believe we're hearing that she wasn't in the mansion, that it was a fake... First of all, I doubt that a fake could fool Marie's own SISTER, Anna Corinne. But if we assume she could with a double, we get some interesting thought processes.

What if Marie actually DID shoot Gambino? (Again, we're assuming that's even possible from ANY angle) Why not let Anna in on it? From the manga, it's evident that they didn't BOTH know about Gambino's execution, or they would be gloating over IT, not their ball.

So now we get into the tricky part: Means & Motive. Why not tell Anna Corinne? What if Marie DID rig the tower with explosives? We all know how lax security can be in Gaia. Remember the western tower of the mansion? All she'd have to do is shoot Gambino, or have somebody ELSE shoot Gambino, and set off the bomb at the same time. Placed properly, she could aim it at her own mansion. And as for the gun... She may not have shot it herself. She could probably hire a hitman/hitwoman, or convince them to do it, then poison or otherwise kill them so they won't spill the beans.

But wait... Anne Corinne is her SISTER! Why??? Why??? I'll tell you why: The Von Helsons have little regard for human life. Look how they treated Gambino. And if she got rid of Anne Corinne, things could get a lot easier. If you assume that the mansion was insured, things really get interesting.

She could make up a miraculous story of how she 'escaped' the carnage, and collect on the insurance money, plus have the ultimate sob story for the public. And with Johnny & Gino finally out of the way for good... There would be no one to stop her.

So, feel free to poke plot holes in this thing, and I'll see if I can fill them up with more spun theories. xd
*pokes at the plotholes with a stick*
hm... *poke, poke*
Well THAT'S no fair! You have to at least point out the plot holes!

Or let me have a turn. *Snatches stick and begins pokery*
Actually, I fully believe that Marie hired a double without telling her sister. But I see it the other way around. I think Anna is the controlling twin, the one making the plans, never giving her sister the spotlight. I think Anna probably wants the control of the assets, and never gives Marie what she deserves. Thus, Marie devises a plan to get rid of Anna by making the tower fall, thus getting rid of both Gambino and Anna. Now, Marie can collect the money, maybe doing some good with it. I see Marie as the "good" twin, and Anna as the "bad" twin.
I want a turn at poking the plot holes, too! crying
So maybe the motive isn't just money... It's a life long grudge. That could change things. Now, to check who always talks first in their posts...
BubbleGumPop
Actually, I fully believe that Marie hired a double without telling her sister. But I see it the other way around. I think Anna is the controlling twin, the one making the plans, never giving her sister the spotlight. I think Anna probably wants the control of the assets, and never gives Marie what she deserves. Thus, Marie devises a plan to get rid of Anna by making the tower fall, thus getting rid of both Gambino and Anna. Now, Marie can collect the money, maybe doing some good with it. I see Marie as the "good" twin, and Anna as the "bad" twin.
Ironic, considering the color schemes... xd
This just in: I think that Anna Corrine ALWAYS talks first. That could be a sign of dominance.
*flails and runs in circles* oh no!!

..in all honesty, I'm too exhausted to even search for plotholes or try and create an argument currently. so I'll just poke at the plotholes with my stick and say....
Marie and Anne are rich snots. Sure, they toss their old clothes they've only worn once around the mansion, so gun residue left on the clothing item wouldn't bother them... but if Marie were an experienced sharp shooter (as from that distance, you sure as hell better be), she'd know you'd get the residue on your hands, in your nails depending on how frequently you practiced, and from gripping and pulling triggers, her dainty hands would be rough and coarse. No way a prissy snot like Marie would think to pick up a gun. She'd obviously go with poison as her weapon of choice.
IceMagus
This just in: I think that Anna Corrine ALWAYS talks first. That could be a sign of dominance.

Damn straight.
KamikazeFinn
Marie and Anne are rich snots. Sure, they toss their old clothes they've only worn once around the mansion, so gun residue left on the clothing item wouldn't bother them... but if Marie were an experienced sharp shooter (as from that distance, you sure as hell better be), she'd know you'd get the residue on your hands, in your nails depending on how frequently you practiced, and from gripping and pulling triggers, her dainty hands would be rough and coarse. No way a prissy snot like Marie would think to pick up a gun. She'd obviously go with poison as her weapon of choice.
Or maybe she'd hire somebody else to do it? And poison them after they commit the act so they won't talk? Or... She could verbally poison their minds so that they would do it of their own 'free will'...
Come come people! I know there's more holes in my theory than THAT!
Sorry, I really like this thread so I'm gonna come back. I think the whole Marie Vs. Anna is really awesome. It would really showcase their different personalities.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
i think it was an art mistake that she doesn't have her tips- or perhaps she only has tips during events (red tips wash out and fade really, really fast o.o; )
IceMagus
KamikazeFinn
Or maybe she'd hire somebody else to do it? And poison them after they commit the act so they won't talk? Or... She could verbally poison their minds so that they would do it of their own 'free will'...
I agree with Kamikaze, posion is so much better then a gun. They are large and loud and for bums wearing a rich man's clothes like Gambino. Posion is much cleaner and simpler...By the way that was mostly said from a Marie mind frame. I'm accually pro Gaimbino

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff