zOMG items are worthless XP ~ * troll * 0.4390243902439 43.9% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 205 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
i'm glad they made recolors of it because i'm not paying a shitton for a jacket that was supposed to be available in zOMG lol

i'll agree with others that it's not the best coat but it makes nice pirate avis and pirates are cool pirate !!!!!!!!!!1111111

Aged Bunny

I thought of this thread immediately when I saw the GoFusion update, lol.

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
  • Master Jew 500
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
Lithium Filth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So wait. If there's only three, and you own all three, that technically fits the bill of a 'monopoly'

Meaning you can't sell them at all according to the conversations going on in the 'manipulating prices' thread? Reading through the thread manipulating prices through monopolies counts as a minor TOS violation? Apparently it counts as some form of scamming. Although I doubt that you have intentions of selling.

edited whoops. Seems you gave one to someone who wanted it! So glad to see things like that happening <3

It's just sad this whole free market that users can do things like that. I can only hope that gaia gives them away in raffles/makes more of them.

I think it'd be rocking if you had plans to hold your own giveaway for them though! How cool would that be for the people that want one but can't ever hope to afford one? <3

-haha you did~

You ended up on a sweet note, but I still would like to clarify a few things:

1) I never said I owned all 3, Pirate Santa owns the original coat, and he got it from the original winner.

2) Mine was won, and I did purchase a second to give to my IRL wife, Mystic Cannabinoid.

3) I have given away over 30B in gold/items/avatar art in my giveaway thread in my siggy.

Tear of Fate

CreamShoe

DYRL

settlefish

Snow Danger

And for the rest of ya:

As a former zOMG player ( would be current, but Gaia neglected it like it's most faithful users )
this coat really means a lot to me. I would have loved to see the rest of the items in the set that
this item belonged to. I only made this thread, because as any old user knows, it's hard to locate
the rare items. Before Halos and Gold Medals, and even the Marauder, were re-released, the few
ones that were in existence, were hard to find, and worth keeping track of. And honestly, the new
recolors of the Legacy don't bother me at all, it just saves me a ton of Rainbow Tickets! I don't
see this any different than the Backwings / Halo recolor bundles, the originals are still worth most.

I don't mean to seems rude, but I'm not gloating, and I'm not trying to be an a**, I actually feel
that I help a lot of people on this site through my giveaway thread, and with my vast knowledge
of Gaia's item history. And I'm not planning on selling my one coat, just for the record. ^_^

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
CreamShoe
DYRL
I feel like this is more of a bragging thread than anything else
" It's always either on display in my MP store, here in Post Action, or on meh body! "

He needs to let people know that he's one of the few people who has this to give it some form of value, or else he's just wearing an ugly overpriced coat that looks like s**t.

The Halo I used in the trade was sold to me by a person that hated the way the Halo
looked and went with her items. It's okay if we enjoy different things, bruh! emotion_brofist

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
Mikino-san
I think its a great item!
glad to know its in good hands, of someone who appreciates its value.
Totally priceless!

Thank you very much!

User Image

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
Mirastella Crowley
I used to put it in the Unreleased Item List but now it's released. Thank you for reminding me about the item... and I really need to update it. ;--;

Ooooh! Link to the list please?!?

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
sup-qt
I didn't even know it existed! Where did it originate from?

Hey you! Longtime no see!

If you follow all the links in the descriptons on Page 1,

it will explain the whole "legacy" xd

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
Gash Thrashum
Adnama Lavode
I thought there were only two. One from the original contest thing and the other from the contest held by Prue. Where did the third one come from?

You would have to ask Prue because she listed another one on the MP after the contest was over.

I did....she gave me a very vague answer stating one "may have been chosen through Jet's Raffle"

I messaged them all and no coat. The one she gave away was just a straight-generated copy just
for the contest. I suppose she had two made, because she stated winner could choose their prize, and she chose two winners, but the other winner chose the Lovely Lucie item. Oddsfish....

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
Adnama Lavode
I thought there were only two. One from the original contest thing and the other from the contest held by Prue. Where did the third one come from?

They won't tell me! And I've been sworn not to say who wont tell me!

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
[Elske]-[XXIX]

`.It looks like the Coat has found a good home with you.

You really wear it well.
emotion_brofist

I'm one of the folks who would be a bit too paranoid to invest so much in a single-pose item, but it's an item with an interesting history behind it.
Even if it does get re-released, you don't often find items with such interesting stories attached to them - that makes the ones you have kinda priceless, in a way.

And boy do I love a good story!

emotion_brofist

Master Jew

i just want to ask the source of this item? who was the one who first had it and how was she able to get one? i remember seeing someone listing this item a few years back while i was vending but i assumed this was an RIG item. tl;dr so just give me the right answer, not the legacy thing lol

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
xCygnus
Master Jew

i just want to ask the source of this item? who was the one who first had it and how was she able to get one? i remember seeing someone listing this item a few years back while i was vending but i assumed this was an RIG item. tl;dr so just give me the right answer, not the legacy thing lol

If you took a minute ( literally, less than 60 seconds ) to actually read it,
you'd have found out that Keiii won the original in 2009, and I'm not sure
when, but she sold it to Pirate Santa, whom still owns the original. Better?

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Master Jew

I don't mean to seems rude, but I'm not gloating, and I'm not trying to be an a**, I actually feel
that I help a lot of people on this site through my giveaway thread, and with my vast knowledge
of Gaia's item history. And I'm not planning on selling my one coat, just for the record. ^_^
not to gloat you say, but most if not all of the thread op is just stating how you got it and proof on how rare it is lol
i learned more about the item's history from reading other posters replies than your opening post

and to burst your bubble, the difference between the medals, halos, and 03's retaining their value and your coat(soon as it's rereleased) is people know about those item's and they been status symbols for years
(i mean it's nice to compare an item to those as many do, but it's not really true)
the coat is some random item very few really care about. soon as it's rereleased the price will plummet

good for you enjoying your item though mrgreen

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Master Jew 500
settlefish
Master Jew

not to gloat you say, but most if not all of the thread op is just stating how you got it and proof on how rare it is lol
i learned more about the item's history from reading other posters replies than your opening post

and to burst your bubble, the difference between the medals, halos, and 03's retaining their value and your coat(soon as it's rereleased) is people know about those item's and they been status symbols for years
(i mean it's nice to compare an item to those as many do, but it's not really true)
the coat is some random item very few really care about. soon as it's rereleased the price will plummet

good for you enjoying your item though mrgreen

LOL ~ Both the Halos and the Medals were released on a rather large scale, years and years ago.
Since then, the originals began disappearing, and started getting re-released. The Gold Medal
wann't re-released until just this year, as with the Marauder apparently ( still not the same, apparently "shitty" color though ) Unfortunately the people here on Gaia don't pay to much focus
on any one thing, and choose to love/hate everything pretty much equally. That being said, an item
that was released ONCE in Gaia's 11+ years especially through a widely unused venue zOMG,
would be very easily missed. And thank you, I still do enjoy it a lot, so does my wife! ^_^

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Master Jew

LOL ~ Both the Halos and the Medals were released on a rather large scale, years and years ago.
Since then, the originals began disappearing, and started getting re-released. The Gold Medal
wann't re-released until just this year, as with the Marauder apparently ( still not the same, apparently "shitty" color though ) Unfortunately the people here on Gaia don't pay to much focus
on any one thing, and choose to love/hate everything pretty much equally. That being said, an item
that was released ONCE in Gaia's 11+ years especially through a widely unused venue zOMG,
would be very easily missed. And thank you, I still do enjoy it a lot, so does my wife! ^_^

still comparing highly wanted status symbols to your jacket
it's not gonna work man sad
we both know as soon as it's rereleased it's gonna be worth bupkis

good thing you're still so positive about it though
you'll be able to remember these times when it's rereleased

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items