Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Regular

I know that many users are lurkers who rarely post, and rarely make topics. This is a mule, and I'd rather post topics on this account than my real account. A lot of it is because I don't want all the notices and what not every two minutes I get a reply. The other part is I'm shy....Although I'm shy, I post... A LOT.
I feel that since there are so many users posting in one thread, someone might just over look my post. If it's a topic, their going to see it on that front page and I don't like that.
gaia_spoons
-Would you rather make topics using one account, and make a post with the other?
---Or do you just say "To hell with it" and post everything on just one account?
-Do your mules even get that much love? (Mine didn't until I got topic posting shy)
-At one point, were you more of a lurker than what you are now?
-Are you a Shy Gaian depending on the circumstances?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Nah, making topics doesn't bug me. This is my main, and I DO ALL DA THINGS ON MY MAIN.

Additional stuff is done through my RP mules c:

But...I really don't understand about being afraid to make a topic, I guess. If you've read the sticky, posting in the right forum, it shouldn't be that big of a thing? Especially now since you can disable <3 and </3 if downvotes bother you. I mean, I've got my notices super customized so it only updates on certain things, and that I don't really mind. Talking with other people and having other people take interest in your topic seems pretty cool.

/shrug

Friendly Regular

Slick Southpaw
Nah, making topics doesn't bug me. This is my main, and I DO ALL DA THINGS ON MY MAIN.

But...I really don't understand about being afraid to make a topic, I guess. If you've read the sticky, posting in the right forum, it shouldn't be that big of a thing? Especially now since you can disable <3 and </3 if downvotes bother you. I mean, I've got my notices super customized so it only updates on certain things, and that I don't really mind. Talking with other people and having other people take interest in your topic seems pretty cool.

/shrug

See, now making topics on my mule doesn't bother me. This account I don't use much, but I just have an easier time making threads with it. Down voting doesn't bother me much at all to be honest, I never really understood the fuss about it.
When I post a topic, I just get anxiety and other feels that I wish I wouldn't have. Kinda like making a big announcement infront of a audience.
Back when I use to post threads on my main, I would read the stickys over and over and make sure I knew that I was posting in the right place with the right amount of discussion. They usually got moved to the CB or the GD (which I hated since they can't keep a discussion going at all).
I feel like I got off topic as well.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I just never particularly want to post topics, I suppose. It's not a matter of shyness.

My ******** given about doing so are 1% with a 1% margin of error.

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
I suppose I could try posting more topics than I do, but generally I don't for one of a few reasons.

Sometimes, I realise it's already been a recent topic and somebody else posted basically what I wanted to say, but phrased far better than I could have managed. Sometimes it's a topic that has been talked to death already.

Most of the time, however, it's just because I don't feel that I can open up an engaging conversation. Especially here in the GCD, with so many regulars who manage to talk up good points and post topics that keep me lurking and reading even if I rarely post.

Aged Fox

I'm a big time lurker. I always get quite nervous when I post a topic but when I do I post it with my main. I have mules but they are just gathering dust. Everything I do is with my main here.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

GDragoness
Slick Southpaw

/shrug

See, now making topics on my mule doesn't bother me. This account I don't use much, but I just have an easier time making threads with it. Down voting doesn't bother me much at all to be honest, I never really understood the fuss about it.
When I post a topic, I just get anxiety and other feels that I wish I wouldn't have. Kinda like making a big announcement infront of a audience.
Back when I use to post threads on my main, I would read the stickys over and over and make sure I knew that I was posting in the right place with the right amount of discussion. They usually got moved to the CB or the GD (which I hated since they can't keep a discussion going at all).
I feel like I got off topic as well.
There's a few topics I've gotten emotionally invested in, if only because I was rather passionate about/put in time and effort/research/ect

It's understandable to be a little nervous, I suppose, if it's something you wanted to express honestly and are a bit worried if you put it in the right place, ect.

But, idk, that kinda wore off once I became more of a poster. Sometimes topics hit off well, other times they go kaput. It's not a judgement on your character or sense of self. It's just that the topic didn't go well. Time to try again!

I guess I'm just really baffled about this sense of anxiousness or I just got myself so desensitized I'm confused people can feel this way? I mean, sometimes on Gaia, I'll just log on and lurk, but mostly because I can't think of anything to say at the time and then go about my life of studying.

Perfect Pumpkin

Seeing that this is my only account, I do all of my activities with it. I post when I feel like posting, but I never make topics. Nothing to do with feeling judged, or what ever else. I just have no reason to make new threads.

Virtuous Pumpkin

8,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Jack-pot 100
I don't have a mule, and I've never made a topic. The things that I like to talk about already either have topics on them already, or are things that I feel wouldn't make for a really in-depth conversation. Plus, I also really hate the whole spam notices too.

Sparkling Supporter

I haven't had much luck with topics either, I just can't really think of anything that more people than myself would discuss. I'm also more lurker than poster, I get distracted with everybody else's replies and decided I can't add anything new. So I just sort of leave...

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
i'm not a very cardinal person i guess. it's not that i'm affraid of making topics but ugh.. all that effort to start something new. gonk i don't like starting things, but once they're started i'm a great contributor!

Rare

I think the only time I was afraid to make at topic was when I first entered the GCD like 3.5 years ago, and I'm not sure why. I make topics all the time now.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I basically never make topics.
It's not that I'm shy, I just don't want a low content thread.
I'd only make one if I knew it was going to have a really good discussion.

I have mules, but honestly, I don't even use them.
I use this account for absolutely everything.

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I dont have any real worries about posting topics, the only thing is i tend to be a bit high whenever i do so i get sidetracked really easy

Celestial Spirit

Haven't bothered yet here, but probably will someday if I think of something I actually care enough about. I don't have a problem with it on the other forum I'm part of.
I can understand the nervousness, though - I used to get that sometimes because I wasn't sure how other people would perceive what I had written. I suppose I've gotten more confident in my choice of words now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff