Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of having Gaia Online a centered site?

Yes! About time it was centered! 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 1130 ]
No, I prefer the site to be left aligned! 0.50557906887264 50.6% [ 2628 ]
Eh, I'm neutral on this - doesn't matter to me. I don't care or already use the Labs 0.27702962677953 27.7% [ 1440 ]
Total Votes:[ 5198 ]

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

15,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
iChan-Chan
Amber Dreams

To answer your question, as someone who has an adblocking extension, you see a block of white space where there should be an ad. My chrome's adblock works on them, it just needs to be re-installed every year or so (and it's free to boot). So as I said in my post earlier, if you're like me and most people I know, suddenly gaia is about three inches wide surrounded in a sea of white or extremely faint background colors.

and yet people ENJOY that. i don't know what is wrong with them. domokun stargate

Wealthy Genius

11,000 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Anthro!Sparky

I really hope someone makes a Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script to keep Gaia left-aligned for those of us that really DO NOT WANT the center-aligned crap.

By far most people don't want it, Gaia should still listen to us and discontinue the center thing. exclaim

Invisible Rogue

Not too pleased. stare I am hoping this doesn't mess up any CSS in profiles either. Probably not, but we'll only have to see.

Diligent Student

Before BetterGaia make a center, Gaia add "Center" feature in GaiaLab. I tested it out and LOVE it!! I'm using laptop which have wide-screen, that's I prefer CENTER. Thank you, Gaia! <3

Diligent Student

Redwing Rogue
Not too pleased. stare I am hoping this doesn't mess up any CSS in profiles either. Probably not, but we'll only have to see.

They did update profile version 2 you saw already. Version 2 have two different way. If you using standard screen (4:3) monitor, that's normal as you can use CSS that you already learn to use. If you using wide-screen (16:9) monitor (like laptop), that's new experience you never had before. Like new evolution from standard to wide-screen. That's why Gaia profile's CSS has been shifting either standard or wide-screen while you're current using that monitor. By the way, I'm current using Wide-screen and I like it.

Diligent Student

wagnas
Anthro!Sparky

I really hope someone makes a Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script to keep Gaia left-aligned for those of us that really DO NOT WANT the center-aligned crap.

By far most people don't want it, Gaia should still listen to us and discontinue the center thing. exclaim

I believe most people using standard screen (4:3) that's still using LEFT-aligned.

Now, a lot of people using wide-screen (16:9), it's looks good in CENTER-aligned. I like it.

Using standard screen (4:3) doesn't looks right in CENTER-aligned. That's I used old PC with monitor (4:3). Right now, I'm using laptop which is wide-screen. I stick with CENTER-aligned, IMO.

Hallowed Prophet

2sarahgate

Well, on some sites I understand it. This formating is commonly used on video and messaging sites because it streamlines everything, with a sideboard for options to appear in the column (ex. facebook, youtube, pandora). But on gaia, a site predominantly about pictures and coding, it doesn't have much place. As a matter of fact, most forum boards I know of (which is more or less what gaia is) are left aligned.

Additionally but unrelated to the above, from what I understand, people using it (and like it) have wide screen monitors (predominantly found on lap top users) with a wide screen resolution (which is automatically set of course). However, I'm using a wide screen myself, on my laptop, which has a larger screen than most others and yet, the centering option looks tasteless and ruins most of the images that appear on the strip of gaia. Most laptop monitors I run across seem to be anywhere between 2-4 inches smaller than mine

Wealthy Genius

11,000 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Manny80
wagnas
Anthro!Sparky

I believe most people using standard screen (4:3) that's still using LEFT-aligned.

Now, a lot of people using wide-screen (16:9), it's looks good in CENTER-aligned. I like it.

Using standard screen (4:3) doesn't looks right in CENTER-aligned. That's I used old PC with monitor (4:3). Right now, I'm using laptop which is wide-screen. I stick with CENTER-aligned, IMO.

I use widescreen but don't like centered. Because the browser doesn't take the whole screen. I like to have access and click other things too.

Diligent Student

wagnas
Manny80
wagnas
Anthro!Sparky

I use widescreen but don't like centered. Because the browser doesn't take the whole screen. I like to have access and click other things too.

Yeah, Use BetterGaia that I use most. I love it with whole CENTER-aligned.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

15,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
iChan-Chan
2sarahgate

Well, on some sites I understand it. This formating is commonly used on video and messaging sites because it streamlines everything, with a sideboard for options to appear in the column (ex. facebook, youtube, pandora). But on gaia, a site predominantly about pictures and coding, it doesn't have much place. As a matter of fact, most forum boards I know of (which is more or less what gaia is) are left aligned.

Additionally but unrelated to the above, from what I understand, people using it (and like it) have wide screen monitors (predominantly found on lap top users) with a wide screen resolution (which is automatically set of course). However, I'm using a wide screen myself, on my laptop, which has a larger screen than most others and yet, the centering option looks tasteless and ruins most of the images that appear on the strip of gaia. Most laptop monitors I run across seem to be anywhere between 2-4 inches smaller than mine

youtube actually isn't centered. it just looks centered. if you zoom out, it zooms to the left. photobucket zooms to the center.
you know what? you're right! most forums are left. i have seen that looking around minecraft and halo forums. O_o

they really love wasted space. and here's the kicker. having stupid patterns (not even mentioning the ads) on both sides instead of whiteness on the right results in more to load each tab, putting strain on slower computers and internet connections. i currently have just under 100 tabs running on palemoon, all the extra things to load would brutalize my computer. ><
domokun stargate

Shy Exhibitionist

Well since Gaia don't care about user feedback over money maybe they will let auto cash players use left aligned as well as turn off ads...
I will tell you this, once the site goes center if i don't like it i won't spend another red cent on it.
I think a lot of other players feel the same way.

Gaian

please don't do it User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vicious Reindeer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    centered looks horrid on my current monitor, although I do love centered sites, it would be an inconvenience to center gaia's after having it left-aligned for so long :c

Hilarious Streaker

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
put me in the middle make me say your name.... lets have a party baby all over my mainframe.

Dangerous Vampire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Please dont change anything, at the very least, make it an option, but please dont force it, me and many others love it the way it is.

And notice, that the majority of voters, all say 'no' So please listen to your voters and simply make it so you can change between the two, to please everyone.

Please

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games