Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mind-boggling Mage

keyeske
http://www.magivolve.com/gametest/magivolve.htm

this is another game thats going to be added im making different thing when on my site you gain money this is one of the games you can play

this game is still in the testing stage thou it wount be done for a mounth or so

press space bar to attack
Now that is cool O_o. I wonder whether or not the Gaian Battle System will be something like this...
Kailer_Raimonji
Alexrose
the b*****d should definantly get reported his graphics may be good but they rip off both gaia and ragnarok i know that 1 may still be a little overboard but 2 is too much i hope he gets sued by the companies he's ripping off twisted

Maybe it would help if he changed the theme of the world, like medieval instead of rural, or something futuristic for a change!
hmm yeah i guess that would work and besides we need some games like that so i agree with your point 3nodding
1. Does his "idea" strike you as intellectually lazy?

No. He admits he was inspired by Gaia. Gaia admits it's trying to become more and more similar to Ragnarok (Gaia Towns, Gaia Classes, Gaia Battle System and levelling up). Any game, story, etc, that's innovative is bound to create a genre. I don't see this guy as lazy so much as he wants to be a part of the genre as well.

2. Do you think he'll really be able to pull this off by himself (only one person at Gaming World offered any help so far)? Considering Gaia has an almost ever-growing team and still has yet to pull it off themselves after 2-3 years (we're still in Alpha), I would say it's highly unlikely, or at least won't work until a good year or so (in which case it'll only be like Gaia's early days).

3. If you had the opportunity to make a similar site, would you? Why or why not?

Probably. Like I said, it's a genre. A genre I enjoy quite a bit in fact. If Ragnarok wasn't a pay-site I'd be a member, and if this guy's site were up, I'd be a member there, too. If I had the capabilities, which I don't, I'd love to start my own version of Gaia/Ragnarok.

4. What do you think of the work he has done so far?Excellent work. If he intends on making it a paysite or other method of profitting from it, I hope he burns in hell. If it's all just for the entertainment of himself and for others then I sincerely hope he succeeds.
I must say, I like his art. Espically for the store. sweatdrop
I like to think everyone gets ripped off in every single way.

Mind-boggling Mage

hualay
I like to think everyone gets ripped off in every single way.
After closer observation, i have come to the conclusion that he is not ripping Gaia of. His site might not be the most original idea, but it's not a rip off. Further more, like someone said earlier, i think that his artwork has EVOLVED, rather then being stolen. I look forward to joining Magivolve, but it doesn't mean i will be leaving Gaia.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
Alexrose
Kailer_Raimonji
Alexrose
the b*****d should definantly get reported his graphics may be good but they rip off both gaia and ragnarok i know that 1 may still be a little overboard but 2 is too much i hope he gets sued by the companies he's ripping off twisted

Maybe it would help if he changed the theme of the world, like medieval instead of rural, or something futuristic for a change!
hmm yeah i guess that would work and besides we need some games like that so i agree with your point 3nodding

Mew! Thank you. whee Yeah! I wanna get to use Deatomizer Series 4! twisted (MIB stuff)
keyeske
http://www.magivolve.com/gametest/magivolve.htm

this is another game thats going to be added im making different thing when on my site you gain money this is one of the games you can play

this game is still in the testing stage thou it wount be done for a mounth or so

press space bar to attack

It looks cool enough, but something is wrong with the shockwave on my computer. Do you do avi art?

Blessed Explorer

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I agree totally with what Isilvara and Slanzer said earlier, actually everything that slanzer said would've been my answer so its just easier to refer back to his post.

I agree with Izzy too, I too would join his site if I could, I wouldn't leave Gaia, but you know, you can be on more than one forum site at a time. 3nodding

I'm sure that when Gaia started, there were tons of people saying that it was copying another site (Ragnarok, I'm not sure, seeing as I don't know if its been around longer) and thats the way it will always be, some one(s) will always think that something new was just copying something old, and that can't be helped, I mean....a good idea, is a good idea, you know?

EDIT: heh, I joined it 3nodding just to see what its like.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
I was about to say that Slanzer. I mean, give the kid some credit, he has a dream, and ambition, the talent to support it. And who knows if he has any crew to help him and how many they are, that is if he has anybody to help.

But in my opinion, he shouldve picked a different theme. I mean, true, Gaia mightve been inspired by Ragnarok (I dun know Gaias origins, thats why Im saying MIGHT) but theyre worlds are quite different.

Ragnarok, from what Ive seen, is a mystical rural world, so you can find creatures like Dragons, but you wont find sophisticated machines.

Gaia, is the opposite. Its world is rural as well, but is placed in more modern times rather than mystical. So far you wont find mystical creatures, but you can expect to find high-tech gadgets and others.

Magivolve however, seems to be set in a similar timeline as Ragnarok and its design (Customize ur character for instance) is similar to Gaia. So I would consider it a hybrid with chances of getting sued by either side.

Mind-boggling Mage

CykosArchangel
I agree totally with what Isilvara and Slanzer said earlier, actually everything that slanzer said would've been my answer so its just easier to refer back to his post.

I agree with Izzy too, I too would join his site if I could, I wouldn't leave Gaia, but you know, you can be on more than one forum site at a time. 3nodding

I'm sure that when Gaia started, there were tons of people saying that it was copying another site (Ragnarok, I'm not sure, seeing as I don't know if its been around longer) and thats the way it will always be, some one(s) will always think that something new was just copying something old, and that can't be helped, I mean....a good idea, is a good idea, you know?

EDIT: heh, I joined it 3nodding just to see what its like.
*joins to*

Familiar Elder

I'd say best of luck to the creater. Let the person do what he/she wants if he/she has the skill to do so. I'll admit, the idea isn't that great or original, especially for an artist, but it's not like he's at Gaia saying that his site is better or anything.

I'm not liking the perception of Gaia as seen on other sites. People who flame give Gaia a bad name.

Kailer_Raimonji
But in my opinion, he shouldve picked a different theme. I mean, true, Gaia mightve been inspired by Ragnarok (I dun know Gaias origins, thats why Im saying MIGHT) but theyre worlds are quite different.

Heh, well I'm almost positive that the earlier days of Gaia was inspired by Ragnarok. L0cke and Ling (probably VO and Lanzer maybe..) were RO players hence why it got its own subforum.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
nx2, Im not saying that the creators of Gaia didnt inspired themselves from other games like Ragnarok to create their own world, thats totally legal if you ask me. However, when they finally decide to create Gaia, they gave it a different theme or atmosphere if you prefer, but Magivolve didnt. I already explained that and I wont repeat myself.

And just in case, Im not flaming Magivolve, in fact, I gave it proper credit for some good ideas. If I really wanted to flame it, I wouldve been more like "Sue his/her a**! Man, that kid needs to learn some originality"

Familiar Elder

Kailer_Raimonji
nx2, Im not saying that the creators of Gaia didnt inspired themselves from other games like Ragnarok to create their own world, thats totally legal if you ask me. However, when they finally decide to create Gaia, they gave it a different theme or atmosphere if you prefer, but Magivolve didnt. I already explained that and I wont repeat myself.

And just in case, Im not flaming Magivolve, in fact, I gave it proper credit for some good ideas. If I really wanted to flame it, I wouldve been more like "Sue his/her a**! Man, that kid needs to learn some originality"

Heh, none of my post was directed to you except after the quote, and even then, I was just mentioning some information, not trying to shoot down your opinion.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
nx2
Kailer_Raimonji

Heh, none of my post was directed to you except after the quote, and even then, I was just mentioning some information, not trying to shoot down your opinion.

Ah my bad man, just had to make sure. Then its all cool. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces