Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xashowd
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Honestly, if they ax anything else in the next few months, the userbase is just going to get angrier. Tentacl wasn't exactly a big hit with Gaians, but there were many who loved zOMG and felt a deep connection to it. The same goes for Aquariums, as it has a part of the userbase devoted to them that really wants to see updates, or at the very least to have it not be left behind. If the Aquariums go, especially so soon after zOMG, there will be even more angry users, and the negativity will spill over across the site. I don't think anything else will get shut down anytime soon, or the Vocal Minority will become the Vocal Majority. Wouldn't be good PR.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Gaia doesn't know the first thing about good PR. Observe 1337gate. Observe the panic they caused by announcing the shutdown of two projects in one day. Observe... pretty much anything they've done, ever. emotion_facepalm

They either don't know, or don't care, how the community will react to any given occurrence.

As for aquariums, that depends if it's bringing in more money than its costing them. They make money off the cash items in Phin Phang (and maybe those keys, if people still buy those?), so if that's still turning a net profit, we can expect Aquariums to stay. If it's in the red, though, then yes, it will probably get the axe.

Since I have no idea what it might cost them to maintain this feature, or how much money they're making from it, I really couldn't say.

Magical Phantom

hmm.. the aquariums do seem very "next" to be looked over to see if it can be fixed/updated. i dont use the aquariums though so i cant say much...

but i would gladly kiss the aquariums farewell if we could get that 'pet system' we nearly got after the "what the fluff" event! having a cute dog or cat running around my house and towns would be so adorable! but i bet the equally outdated code for houses is what killed the 'pet system' crying

Tory Salazar's Partner

Anxious Prophet

Torse
Atticus Mancinelli
I don't know. I think Aqurariums will be fine since there are still quite a handful of people that spend an average of $200-500 per month on just Aquariums. Sometimes more. Staff could just bring back fish that were initially taken out in the past. That would be nice.

they..

do they really?

WHY
D:
To keep tanks alive. Some do it to maintain their multiple tanks. Others do it to help out users in the guilds they're in. Then there's the fact that Airsharks only come from Fourth Strike packs. They're pretty pricey in the MP, at the moment.

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

Aquariums, Rally (Racing) and Alchemy are the ones most likely to go next.
I'd be very sad if they get rid of Towns 1. That's my second home and my #1 hangout spot.

Feisty Investigator

28,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Addium
Aquariums, Rally (Racing) and Alchemy are the ones most likely to go next.
I'd be very sad if they get rid of Towns 1. That's my second home and my #1 hangout spot.

I really hope the don't get rid of Towns 1 either. I love my home there, and it's where i spent my time at before Zomg came about.

Liberal Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
Madam Harlot
So with the recent decision to ax Zomg it got me thinking, The Aquariums and Phin Phang will be next. It hasn't brought in the most revenue for the site, and since CrazySporkIam and KirbyUFO have been gone for a long while it hasn't been updated. Do you think it's next on the chopping block? If so will the retire Mirai since she is based on CrazysporkIam?

If not, what other feature do you believe is next?

I was actually thinking this morning, next alchemy, and then aquariums. I was gonna make a thread, but you beat me to it!

Yeah, everything fun is gonna go...

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Towns 1 is going at some point when they can work the bugs out of Towns 2. So it shouldn't be a surprise when it does go.

I think alchemy and rally are next. Maybe even housing. I don't use any of those as it is. And I'd actually like to see virtual Hollywood gone.

I think they'll keep fishing and aquariums. And the other games will probably stay too until they bug out and can't be fixed by current coders.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think too many ppl are predicting things based on how much they'd personally care if they were gone.
There are lots of features I don't really use but I now there are whole communities surrounding them and uses/spending that I don't even know about. We can't just GUESS no one spends any money or something just bc we haven't or never would.

I think the least likely to go without a replacement is Alchemy. It's really integral to the non-cash economy and would reneder a lot of other features useless without anything in its place. Yeah, it'll prolly go eventually but it'll be reworked into something else if it's not turned into part of GoFusion.

Angelic Blob

They better release the Aquarium soundtrack before they close it for good then.

No one to program new fish? That is my assumption.

Since I am busy with wikis I can't focus on signing in to feed the fish. What I will likely do is toss a bunch of DC fish in there and let them live.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Hmm...I would imagine Rally to go next...I'm not entirely sure what revenue that's bringing in.

I wonder what kind of creative they'll come up next! Like the aquarium will gives us trojan or whatever.

I would rather them being honest about features not being profitable; businesses need profit to stay in business. Besides, any excuse they give next users probably won't believe them anyway.

Even though I like the fact that I'm profiting out of GoFusion charms, but if any feature that's gonna go I would like it to be next.

Submerged Nymph

I don't think there's a definite next, but I don't see anyone talking about using Rally anymore. Why not ax Rally? I don't use it, so I don't know if they have any way of making real money off of it. If they do, it's likely not profitable enough to bother keeping.

I don't really touch Aquariums anymore, but there's probably a lot of users who will be pissed if they go. I hadn't been using zOMG! much before it was taken down, but I'm still a bit annoyed. It was nice to mess around with some friends in, or even a way to make new friends.

If they remove the mini-games, I'm gonna be really angry. I'm already unhappy about Towns being replaced, even though we have yet to get a date of removal.

Edit: I went to Rally and there were a lot of people there... including a guy in nothing but a Santa hat, Santa booties, and a bowtie. lol
If they get rid of it, there probably will be at least a somewhat noticeable outcry.

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nazolene

User Image

Always Be True To Yourself

Mhm I know users who ONLY go to Rally so, yah there will be an outcry. Especially since people also do pimp out their cars for Rally and all (even I have one just in case lel). As for Aquariums and Housing...well the housing in Towns 2 is fairly new and they were trying out a couple things there I noticed, so not sure about that and do people use aquariums so much.

Towns 1 has been on the edge for a looong time, so we know it's going to go at some point but since it was already announced, I'm not sure the majority will be too upset about it since...well, it was warned, even though we all love it.

Alchemy though is a concern...

I don't think there's a definite 'next' either tbh. I'm just shocked and worried.

No Matter Who You Are

Submerged Nymph

Opal of Opulence
I'm not really familiar with Rally so I can't really make predictions on it.

I don't touch Aquariums at all anymore; I barely even bother checking on my tank. It's just not a good way to make gold, even if you have high-tier fish. Breaking even is nearly impossible now with the low payout and high fish prices.

As for towns, there probably will be a fuss, and it'll likely mostly be older accounts. Sentimentality and all that. We know* it's getting taken down sometime, but since there's no publicly-known date yet, it doesn't feel like it's really going. Not to mention that us Gaians like to complain about everything. I just hope they make Towns 2 as useful for getting junk as Towns is. That's my main issue, really. :/ Also that Towns 2 just feels so... large. And brightly-colored.

*There will be some people who won't have known before the announcement it's being taken down is made. Either way, I expect some users will raise holy hell.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

> "We found an exploit/security issue! We just have to trash it. Fix it? With rainbow and sunshine? Can't spend money on doing something proper like fixing our mistakes!"
> "We swear it's not about the money, it stop making money long ago, totally not because we started to neglect everything about it!"
> "Releases tons more cash items.
So sorry, please spend more money here so we don't use the money on this site and neglect everything!"

Pretty sure this is how it goes?

Demonic Shounen

I wouldn't be surprised. Either that or alchemy. I don't think I could take gaia crushing my heart yet again. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff