Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ravenia_V
Wong Fei Hung
Ravenia_V
Wong Fei Hung
Ravenia_V
Personally, I don't mind how some unlits type ((chatspeak and all that jazz)), its just the feel o f there posts.

Like, if one posted

I walk over to u
I say hi..

That kind of thing, I don't really like, it just doesn't flow well.

But, if its overly literate, like they use so many different terms its hard to understand what they're saying... ((For me this commonly happened in horse RPs on neopets... buts thats been a whle)

Whats neopets? Anyway yeah that would aggitate me a bit...Thats just a lack of effort right there...

Its a site where you can have up to four pets, you take care of them and stuff.

Many people bash the strict rules and other changes they've made.

Yeah, ive seen guilds were if you rp and you dont post at the least 3 para's per post they will ban you; thats not wrong but...I dont like to put pressure on people.

Thats insane, the only time I can type that much is in intros! Usualy I post a paragraph, maybe a little less.

I can do that 3 para thing but I think it wont get enough of a big audiance, they would get more members if they lightened up on the strict rules. There rpers are strong as hell, thats probrably why they still exist. Im a member because I can handle the load, I dont particularily agree with there strictness-thats part of the reason I made this page
Alright, you confused "literate" and "advanced" RP'ing. Literate is just the use of good grammar, and has no predetermined minimum length. Advanced, however, is the use of numerous paragraphs, more or less, each post, and making sure that it is creative and varied in structure. More like an actual part of a story, which I believe roleplaying's true purpose lies, not just some quick way to get your agitation out by making up a fight with something.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I'd personally see anything from:
"LOLZ!"

to

*Gives him a smack.*

As non-literate roleplay. I'd say anything with at least a paragraph (with some elaboration and description) would be semi-literate... And a literate RP would have to be around 3 or 4 paragraphs.

But that's just me. 3nodding
Angstflamme
Alright, you confused "literate" and "advanced" RP'ing. Literate is just the use of good grammar, and has no predetermined minimum length. Advanced, however, is the use of numerous paragraphs, more or less, each post, and making sure that it is creative and varied in structure. More like an actual part of a story, which I believe roleplaying's true purpose lies, not just some quick way to get your agitation out by making up a fight with something.

And I agree, it could go by many names-thanks for the correction. I believe that role playing should be advanced, but I think its going to be a bit hard to get everybody to rp in an advanced fasion, I personally think its easy to rp that way and thats why I do it but I dont know what other people think about it...
((omg my brother is such a b*****d... I coooked his ramen noodles cause I thought he forgot abot them, I was going to eat them when he piked up a bunch and dropped it over the keyboard! Grrr -mauls-))

Sorry for being off topic..
Seth Darkheart
I'd personally see anything from:
"LOLZ!"

to

*Gives him a smack.*

As non-literate roleplay. I'd say anything with at least a paragraph (with some elaboration and description) would be semi-literate... And a literate RP would have to be around 3 or 4 paragraphs.

But that's just me. 3nodding

I agree with you and like I said there are two parts of the story:

--There are ones such as yourself and me, who dont see it hard to rp with 3 to 4 paragraphs every post.
--Then Ive read forums with people defending the one line rping and saying its fun.

I want to see both sides of the argument and figure out why they think one form may be better than the other. I like I said understand the point of lit/advance rping but I want to see the view of the non lit. Non lit seems to be very popular on gaia...what I want to know is...

Why?
Ravenia_V
((omg my brother is such a b*****d... I coooked his ramen noodles cause I thought he forgot abot them, I was going to eat them when he piked up a bunch and dropped it over the keyboard! Grrr -mauls-))

Sorry for being off topic..

((No problem smile , hope nothings wrong with your board))
?(( Well, it seems to be fine... but at least if it breaks I can blame it on someone... Even though I'M usualy blamed when I DON'T bring drinks down here or play games that freeze everytime you exit.... I hate my brothers so much sometimes))
Ravenia_V
?(( Well, it seems to be fine... but at least if it breaks I can blame it on someone... Even though I'M usualy blamed when I DON'T bring drinks down here or play games that freeze everytime you exit.... I hate my brothers so much sometimes))

((Aww thats too bad, I had to replace my keyboad a while back. Some of that flavored dasani got in it and ants were invading my keyboard> wink )
Wong Fei Hung
Angstflamme

And I agree, it could go by many names-thanks for the correction. I believe that role playing should be advanced, but I think its going to be a bit hard to get everybody to rp in an advanced fasion, I personally think its easy to rp that way and thats why I do it but I dont know what other people think about it...

Yeah, I'm kind of picky when it comes to this sort of thing. My clan demands that you at least have more than a one-liner, or else you don't even get in. In Barton Town, where there can be a lot more people, some just don't want to take the time to read all the posts that pop up when they are typing theirs. Some of mine take up to an hour to write, and that doesn't include the even longer ones I do over PM. So, they write short posts so they can keep up. I, however, view that as laziness, as with writing anywhere on Gaia with horrible grammar. I mean, it's not as if people are on a time limit, they can take about all the time they want, unless there is a rule pertaining to the length of how long they take in between posts.
Wong Fei Hung
Ravenia_V

((Aww thats too bad, I had to replace my keyboad a while back. Some of that flavored dasani got in it and ants were invading my keyboard> wink )

((Ouch... We have one of thos ein our kitchen... It hasn't spread down here or anywhere else yet...))

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wong Fei Hung

--There are ones such as yourself and me, who dont see it hard to rp with 3 to 4 paragraphs every post.
--Then Ive read forums with people defending the one line rping and saying its fun.

I want to see both sides of the argument and figure out why they think one form may be better than the other. I like I said understand the point of lit/advance rping but I want to see the view of the non lit. Non lit seems to be very popular on gaia...what I want to know is...

Why?

I think it's not too hard to understand... Quite a lot of Gaia uses it as an alternative to an instant messenger program rather than as a forum.

If you intend to return to the thread and check for replies to your post and aren't in any rush to get a response/the other people aren't in any rush to see your repl, then long posts are fine. It works if you're RPing with a guild you know, something like that...

However, if you're just logging on and want to RP with some new people in Barton Town, the majority of them are going to log off and never return to the thread. So, people all say: "*Waves.* Hello"

Get the most RP done in as short a time as possible.
Angstflamme
Wong Fei Hung
Angstflamme

Yeah, I'm kind of picky when it comes to this sort of thing. My clan demands that you at least have more than a one-liner, or else you don't even get in. In Barton Town, where there can be a lot more people, some just don't want to take the time to read all the posts that pop up when they are typing theirs. Some of mine take up to an hour to write, and that doesn't include the even longer ones I do over PM. So, they write short posts so they can keep up. I, however, view that as laziness, as with writing anywhere on Gaia with horrible grammar. I mean, it's not as if people are on a time limit, they can take about all the time they want, unless there is a rule pertaining to the length of how long they take in between posts.

Yes, I completly agree with you. I want someone to come in who does constant one liners and I want them to tell why they rp that way...I need a person who has seen all types of advanced rping and has still chosen to rp that way. I want to know reasons other than, they dont have time to do long post, or they cant type. I want someone who is lit. but they choose not to advanced rp and I want them to state there reason. I ask this out of curiosity because I cant see why the majority of barton rps like they do. I dont believe in forcing it on anyone but I also dont see whats fun about 1 lining, I partially agree with the statement of playing in a one line rp is like playing a vid. game with crap graphics...I also see it as lazyness but I dont want to assume that people are lasy, so there must be a reason other than lazyness...
Seth Darkheart
Wong Fei Hung

Why?

I think it's not too hard to understand... Quite a lot of Gaia uses it as an alternative to an instant messenger program rather than as a forum.

If you intend to return to the thread and check for replies to your post and aren't in any rush to get a response/the other people aren't in any rush to see your repl, then long posts are fine. It works if you're RPing with a guild you know, something like that...

However, if you're just logging on and want to RP with some new people in Barton Town, the majority of them are going to log off and never return to the thread. So, people all say: "*Waves.* Hello"

Get the most RP done in as short a time as possible.

I understand the restrictions of time but lets give a example, thoughs angels vs. demon rps that spawn like 9000 pages...there are many people who constantly return to thoughs pages and rp for a long time yet still do the constant one lining. Im not trying to flame anyone are degrade anyone, just trying to see why they see that as fun...you must admit that most of gaia is like that, you rarely see the long post anymore...

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wong Fei Hung
I understand the restrictions of time but lets give a example, thoughs angels vs. demon rps that spawn like 9000 pages...there are many people who constantly return to thoughs pages and rp for a long time yet still do the constant one lining. Im not trying to flame anyone are degrade anyone, just trying to see why they see that as fun...you must admit that most of gaia is like that, you rarely see the long post anymore...

It might be that they can't get on for very long. Perhaps they are RPing at school, as that wouldn't surprise me, and can only write short posts in between the work that they are supposed to be doing?

People may go back to threads, but if they move quickly (because other people post short posts) then they stand no chance of keeping up if they write long posts.

There is literate RP, it's just not in the main forums. You have to go searching for it, in the GGNs and in the roleplaying guilds of the guilds subforum. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff