Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey. I donated to that fat b*****d, Gambino and I suppose that people are getting letters or gifts of some sort. What's the deal with that? I donated! How do I get in on this?
No, no, love. Donating to Gambino does nothing. Donate to Gaia to get letters, and then, it's real money. Not Gaia Gold.
NecroAngel9
Hey. I donated to that fat b*****d, Gambino and I suppose that people are getting letters or gifts of some sort. What's the deal with that? I donated! How do I get in on this?

Nobody has gotten anything from Gambino for donating. It's a donation drive sweatdrop Well...at least of now.
Though, we DO get to see Gambino's new G-corp skyscraper. 3nodding
Errr... no.

You actually SEND in money to Gaia. When you send $2.50 to them, they give you ONE donation letter.

Donating isn't trading. Never expect anything in return.
Darek Khort
NecroAngel9

Nobody has gotten anything from Gambino for donating. It's a donation drive sweatdrop Well...at least of now.
Though, we DO get to see Gambino's new G-corp skyscraper. 3nodding

Are you sure we get nothing?! That would be really lame.
Mate, your donating. When you donate to your local charity (if you do, which from what your expecting out of this, I don't think so), you don't get anything do you? (unless its just a badge).
Darek Khort
Mate, your donating. When you donate to your local charity (if you do, which from what your expecting out of this, I don't think so), you don't get anything do you? (unless its just a badge).

Well... Dammit... I want my freakin badge.
NecroAngel9
Darek Khort

Well, from what Gambino was like outside, huffing and puffing and all...and really dirty, it reminded me of homeless people. When you donate to them, at least for me, I don't get anything back, except for some happiness that maybe that homeless person will put that money into good use, such as for food and water (instead of drugs).
Darek Khort
NecroAngel9
Darek Khort

Well, from what Gambino was like outside, huffing and puffing and all...and really dirty, it reminded me of homeless people. When you donate to them, at least for me, I don't get anything back, except for some happiness that maybe that homeless person will put that money into good use, such as for food and water (instead of drugs).

Gambino certainly had some excess money from donations. He's better get me somthing, the fat b*****d....
NecroAngel9, all of your posts seem to be obsessing over the fact that Gambino didnt give you anything in return.

chill out.

If he does give his donated something in return, it will probably be around easter.

If not, time to get over it.
Yet again, I quote one of my posts:

Quote:
How did he betray you? By not giving you items when you donated to him? It's called 'donating to charity'. Most times, you're not supposed to expect anything in return for what you've done, though I suppose greed gets the better of all of us. This was an event that was meant to bring people together in a common cause: To help out an NPC we're fond of.

Though now I think it was meant to weed out the true fans. True fans would be happy for Gambino having his tower. Posers would be the ones going 'So where is my item?'. Sure it may have been anti-climactic but take it from a story viewpoint:

He was outside for nearly a week, non-stop. Use some common sense people. If you were living outside, day and night, waiting for people to donate to you, wouldn't you want to get a little sleep afterwards?
Airez
Yet again, I quote one of my posts:

Quote:
How did he betray you? By not giving you items when you donated to him? It's called 'donating to charity'. Most times, you're not supposed to expect anything in return for what you've done, though I suppose greed gets the better of all of us. This was an event that was meant to bring people together in a common cause: To help out an NPC we're fond of.

Though now I think it was meant to weed out the true fans. True fans would be happy for Gambino having his tower. Posers would be the ones going 'So where is my item?'. Sure it may have been anti-climactic but take it from a story viewpoint:

He was outside for nearly a week, non-stop. Use some common sense people. If you were living outside, day and night, waiting for people to donate to you, wouldn't you want to get a little sleep afterwards?

You are my hero. <3 <3

And I agree, if you always go around expecting things from -donating- you're going to be in for a major let-down. Why don't you try being not so mean to Gambino ;.;

n.n;

Romantic Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
NecroAngel9
Darek Khort
NecroAngel9
Darek Khort

Gambino certainly had some excess money from donations. He's better get me somthing, the fat b*****d....

You're an item whore. It's not about getting items. I donated over a thousand in gold to Gambino and I don't care if I get anything. It was a mater of helping get a loved NPC back to his formar glory.
some months ago i ran into an old guy who was walking around collecting money for the homeless. i gave him 5 bucks and got a paper flower : D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff