Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

16,825 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I think the main problem is that people don't wanna settle on a cheaper item that might look sorta similiar if they're dead set on X being the must have on their dream avi.

Fluffy Trickster

Seabook Arno
I think the main problem is that people don't wanna settle on a cheaper item that might look sorta similiar if they're dead set on X being the must have on their dream avi.

^ This, I often find myself frowning at some of the dream avatar in charity
they could have settle for a better avatar with more affordable item, but no
I spot golden laurel, devil tail. There's no problem if it's your dream, but still...why can't people dream small? gonk
I just don't know what to say especially when people not ask for 1, but 2 -3 pricey dream avatar

Winner

Holy hell. Damn.
This list is sweeeeeeeeet.
Wow, thank you for compiling it. ,_, I enjoyed looking at the data.

Personally, I just really favor expensive items .-. That's all.

Supreme Demigod

Sileaf
Seabook Arno

^ This, I often find myself frowning at some of the dream avatar in charity
they could have settle for a better avatar with more affordable item, but no
I spot golden laurel, devil tail. There's no problem if it's your dream, but still...why can't people dream small? gonk
I just don't know what to say especially when people not ask for 1, but 2 -3 pricey dream avatar

Exactly. There's no problem with an item being a dream even if it's the most expensive item. However, what is wrong with the items that are less expensive?

As an example ... Devil Tail is incredibly expensive. However, there are an incredible number of variations many of which look almost the same and many of which are in fact the same except in a different color.

Another example. Lobo the Gray Wolf and Siku the White Wolf. Is there a slight shade difference? Yes, but other than Lobos gray on the top half of his fur the white is the exact same shade and they both have precisely the same poses. The difference? Lobo costs over 1b, while Siku costs 30m. Both are still in the "expensive" category, but Siku is significantly cheaper, has the precise same poses, and the color difference is not extreme.

Supreme Demigod

Godsanity
Holy hell. Damn.
This list is sweeeeeeeeet.
Wow, thank you for compiling it. ,_, I enjoyed looking at the data.

Personally, I just really favor expensive items .-. That's all.

The data is fun to break down and to be honest it fills me more with hope that there are more options and that the marketplace isn't dying rather than frustration at inflation of the gaia cash items.

Personally, my most favorite items are expensive as well, but mostly because I like the items that came out around the time I started playing. Nothing wrong with liking expensive items at all. For a long while though I worked with other less expensive items that looked close to what I wanted and to be honest it was kind of fun! When you remove the pressure of having to have that one single item that is going to break your bank and instead look at all of the other options it brings back a bit of the fun. Also, a larger number of less expensive items means many more different outfits rather than having to circle around just one or two items.

As an amusing note, I actually really like the neutral/gray baggy starter pants and still have mine. They flow well with a lot of items, they're neutral and so color wise they work with a lot, they're subtle, and importantly they're pocket change!

Fluffy Trickster

Eice

Exactly. There's no problem with an item being a dream even if it's the most expensive item. However, what is wrong with the items that are less expensive?

As an example ... Devil Tail is incredibly expensive. However, there are an incredible number of variations many of which look almost the same and many of which are in fact the same except in a different color.

Another example. Lobo the Gray Wolf and Siku the White Wolf. Is there a slight shade difference? Yes, but other than Lobos gray on the top half of his fur the white is the exact same shade and they both have precisely the same poses. The difference? Lobo costs over 1b, while Siku costs 30m. Both are still in the "expensive" category, but Siku is significantly cheaper, has the precise same poses, and the color difference is not extreme.

or maybe people just don't look more than the most expensive thing
could also be the thought that the more expensive the better
it is not weird as Gaia make sure we all see their premium, oh so expensive item

there's actually so many devilish tail in gaia, more than I can count :3
that's why I wonder why don't people pick one that is more approachable when they know they can't afford it.
it's like wanting to take more than they can bite

it will be cool to have thread of cheaper alternative for item.

Supreme Demigod

Sileaf
Eice

or maybe people just don't look more than the most expensive thing
could also be the thought that the more expensive the better
it is not weird as Gaia make sure we all see their premium, oh so expensive item

there's actually so many devilish tail in gaia, more than I can count :3
that's why I wonder why don't people pick one that is more approachable when they know they can't afford it.
it's like wanting to take more than they can bite

it will be cool to have thread of cheaper alternative for item.

I won't have time today to gather all of them, but if someone gathers examples of expensive items and counterparts that look nearly identical or extremely similar and are much cheaper I would be happy to create a section on the first page and list those items (and give credit for the information of course).

Fluffy Trickster

Eice

I won't have time today to gather all of them, but if someone gathers examples of expensive items and counterparts that look nearly identical or extremely similar and are much cheaper I would be happy to create a section on the first page and list those items (and give credit for the information of course).

you can always just make the thread and ask people to help you by posting in there C:
there's a thread about hidden pose with few example,
but people keep in posting their finding, sadly the front pages are no longer updated

Supreme Demigod

Sileaf
Eice

you can always just make the thread and ask people to help you by posting in there C:
there's a thread about hidden pose with few example,
but people keep in posting their finding, sadly the front pages are no longer updated

Or I could simply change the title of this topic and readjust the first post to include the breakdown as well as examples and have that be a part of the discussion. The discussion is, after all, supposed to be about the amount of available items, so doing so would be well within the scope of the discussion.

That way I don't clutter the forum with a second topic when it would fit well in here to serve as both a listing of the breakdown, a listing of examples, as well as discussion.

Of course interestingly 24 people like this topic and 18 people dislike it. Quite nearly the even split there. I wonder how those numbers would change with examples or if it would remain the same?

Fluffy Trickster

Eice

Or I could simply change the title of this topic and readjust the first post to include the breakdown as well as examples and have that be a part of the discussion. The discussion is, after all, supposed to be about the amount of available items, so doing so would be well within the scope of the discussion.

That way I don't clutter the forum with a second topic when it would fit well in here to serve as both a listing of the breakdown, a listing of examples, as well as discussion.

Of course interestingly 24 people like this topic and 18 people dislike it. Quite nearly the even split there. I wonder how those numbers would change with examples or if it would remain the same?

that's a good way to get data too C:

not sure, we won't know unless you try it
it also make the thread more helpful and people like helpful list

Supreme Demigod

Sileaf
Eice

that's a good way to get data too C:

not sure, we won't know unless you try it
it also make the thread more helpful and people like helpful list

I've edited both the title and the first post to include listing of alternatives in the topic. Perhaps that will warm people up to the idea and point I am putting forth.

I think it might be a good idea to have a list of alternatives for the very expensive items.

I suppose we'll see if people decide to add in!

Predestined Hoarder

Eice
It would have been better to start a new thread about the marketplace alternatives, I came in hoping for cool items, instead I found a 7-page rage-fest.

On the main topic of the thread: The truth is, that 1% of 1B+ items used to be zero. Lots of people wear items because they are status items and they barely know the range of possibilities that is possible here, but Gaia makes it so that new items go well together, so if you want to use one shiny item, many times to match (color, texture, good layering) you need other new shiny items as well. I find it frustrating that they release new shades in high-end CIs or EIs but they don't release gold shop items to go with them (the legwarmers in Loyal's shop were a good start) so you need more expensive items to use the ones you already have.

Not everyone on Gaia wants the billionaire items, but they all should be able to at least try to get them if they want to. The goal here is to be happy with your avatar, whatever it looks like. If expensive items and emanating wealth is the way to do it, good for you. razz
Unpopular opinion: I do think some people should take a serious walk into AT or something and see that there are awesome different ways of making avatars that don't involve angelic halos or Princess of the items. I went into the Dressing Room forum yesterday and found enviros with 3 or so pages (all expensive items) what happened to building an inventory from the bottom up? Contradictory with what I said before, I know.

Yesterday I saw people complaining about a lack of cheap piercing items
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

make cool piercings, cheaper than
Attitude Alleycat User Image

which is cheaper than
Lord of the Event HorizonUser Image

Supreme Demigod

dreamish
Eice
It would have been better to start a new thread about the marketplace alternatives, I came in hoping for cool items, instead I found a 7-page rage-fest.

On the main topic of the thread: The truth is, that 1% of 1B+ items used to be zero. Lots of people wear items because they are status items and they barely know the range of possibilities that is possible here, but Gaia makes it so that new items go well together, so if you want to use one shiny item, many times to match (color, texture, good layering) you need other new shiny items as well. I find it frustrating that they release new shades in high-end CIs or EIs but they don't release gold shop items to go with them (the legwarmers in Loyal's shop were a good start) so you need more expensive items to use the ones you already have.

Not everyone on Gaia wants the billionaire items, but they all should be able to at least try to get them if they want to. The goal here is to be happy with your avatar, whatever it looks like. If expensive items and emanating wealth is the way to do it, good for you. razz
Unpopular opinion: I do think some people should take a serious walk into AT or something and see that there are awesome different ways of making avatars that don't involve angelic halos or Princess of the items. I went into the Dressing Room forum yesterday and found enviros with 3 or so pages (all expensive items) what happened to building an inventory from the bottom up? Contradictory with what I said before, I know.

Yesterday I saw people complaining about a lack of cheap piercing items
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

make cool piercings, cheaper than
Attitude Alleycat User Image

which is cheaper than
Lord of the Event HorizonUser Image

It would seem so ... I will be making a new topic since this one is riddled with too much rage on the discussion alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff