Welcome to Gaia! ::

Edit: So you know, I don't think there are Gaia rip-offs.....I'm not one of those people.

Go around Gaia and buy:

Hockey mask
THE MASK
The Fly Mask
The Phrankster
All Santa items you can find
Bone Dragon Helm
Kitsune Mask
Ninja headband
Space Monster Hunter Mask
Space Monster Mask
Bammi Hat
Zorro Mask
Hammi Hat

Every one of these items has been seen on a show or movie of some sort.

Heck there are so many I choose not to keep writing.

You know why you feel these are rip-offs? Because you just spent all your n00b gold on one item, sending your pokemon addicted minds to the forums, while not noticing EVERY OTHER ITEM on Gaia. .....

......................You guys make me sick... stare
neutral Wah?
And youv'e heard of Magivolve? It not a rip off.... You know there are hundreds of sites that use forums JUST like Gaia's? The only difference is some artist decided to add avis instead of icons!
Oh that's what you meant... I don't really see Gaia ripping off anything. Unless they insited on making users think that way.
BurningTheory
And youv'e heard of Magivolve? It not a rip off.... You know there are hundreds of sites that use forums JUST like Gaia's? The only difference is some artist decided to add avis instead of icons!
Yes, but thats what makes Gaia so unique. Its just because a guy decided to make dress-able people on Gaia is why its so huge.
And, whats your point?
It is an anime/manga forum you are suppose to have replicas of certain items. confused
myforkistoobig
BurningTheory
Yes, but thats what makes Gaia so unique. Its just because a guy decided to make dress-able people on Gaia is why its so huge.
And, whats your point?

MY point is people should stop complaing about Gaia ripp-offs because they don't know what they are talking about.
BurningTheory
myforkistoobig
BurningTheory
And, whats your point?

MY point is people should stop complaing about Gaia ripp-offs because they don't know what they are talking about.
Ohkay. I see what your sayin'. rofl

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
BurningTheory
myforkistoobig
BurningTheory
And, whats your point?

Why do they not know what they're talking about? That's a bold claim. Just because a topic doesn't include the names of every rip-off item on Gaia (and you're missing a few yourself) doesn't mean that the person is ignorant. The Bone Dragon Helm looks almost exactly like the helmet that Cubone wears, so it's natural that people will notice it. Why's it a big deal if they post a topic about it?

Also, your idea about them talking about feeling ripped-off? I haven't seen a single thread about that. They're talking about the items being rip-offs of existing culture icons, not getting screwed over by the admins.
wait are you saying the pricing for it or the fact that many look like replicas from the movies?
Kunai Jones
BurningTheory
myforkistoobig
BurningTheory
And, whats your point?

Why do they not know what they're talking about? That's a bold claim. Just because a topic doesn't include the names of every rip-off item on Gaia (and you're missing a few yourself) doesn't mean that the person is ignorant. The Bone Dragon Helm looks almost exactly like the helmet that Cubone wears, so it's natural that people will notice it. Why's it a big deal if they post a topic about it?

Also, your idea about them talking about feeling ripped-off? I haven't seen a single thread about that. They're talking about the items being rip-offs of existing culture icons, not getting screwed over by the admins.

1. I stated that I will not list all items
2. About them feeling ripped off.....I'm sorry if I made a mistake....you know what I mean.
3. There aren't many ways to make a bone helmet without it looking stupid.
4. Its a big deal to me because they are all repeated threads and it annoys me. Got a problem? Deal with it.
5. The person is rather ignorant. You don't see anyone post these threads until something more noticable comes out. Otherwise the GCD would be filled with Mask rip-offs.

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
Repeat threads are allowed in GCD. We encourage users to look for a topic that matches what they want to talk about before they make a new thread of their own, but there's nothing wrong with repeat threads in this particular forum.

There are naturally going to be more threads about donation items as rip-offs because they're such a high-profile item. Think about it: Donation items are the only things on Gaia that you actually pay real money to have, and past ones have become the most desired items on the site. People want the best items ever to come from every letter so that what they have becomes valuable. Also, the reveal of the items is a hotly anticipated event. Before it happened we had probably 2-3 dozen threads in this forum full of speculation on what the items would be, when the letters would be unsealed, etc. So of course lots of people are going to make threads about those items once they're released, because all Gaians watch them.
Also, it's an anime/manga discussion forum, so if an item is a rip-off from Pokemon or Azumanga Dai-oh!, it's naturally going to be much more talked-about than a rip-off from Friday the 13th, The Fly, and Alien or Predator, as many Gaians either haven't seen those movies or are too young to be familiar with them.

Dapper Lunatic

theres a difference in a rip-off and fan work. The Gaian admins are fans of many anime and in honor of some of their favorates they make items that are similar, sometimes its not just anime (Terminator, Alien vs Predetor)

Megavolve stated themselves they like Gaia and are trying to be like them, that makes their site INSPIRED by Gaia not ripping it off

Magic Genius

Quote:
4. Its a big deal to me because they are all repeated threads and it annoys me. Got a problem? Deal with it.

Sorry, I can't deal with that. You should make a little mental note to yourself to never leave the GCD or just spend the rest of your Gaia life in the Barton Town forum because everywhere else there are repeated threads. If the repeats here in the GCD get you upset then, you're gonna go crazy with the other forums. Especially the Entertainment section and Q&A. You should know that this place was worse in April, with all the repeated "This is who killed Gambino!!!" threads. Compared to that, the number of repeats here are nothing.

Or you can just deal with the repeats. I made a thread a few months ago asking people to stop with the rpeat threads, and man did get flamed and insulted.

So I'm saying this. I have not sympathy for your pathetic whining, the users aren't going to listen to 1 out of 2 million, and you settle down about repeated threads.
Rip-Off?...Ha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces