Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Pen 7
Belethiel
I love the gold shops. They're just as important as cash items, perhaps even more so. We've been getting a lot of amazing items lately, they're so high quality!

My favorite shop is Durem Depot and my favorite items are the Dark Elf corsets. c:

I really like CrossStitch. The creativity of this community is refreshing. The items don't follow site trends and they look great.
gold shop items just as important as cash shop items? are you high? Seriously.
There's no way in hell anyonee would agree with that. They're important, maybe, and even that's debatable, but not more important than cs items, anyone can plainly see and agree, since they don't make the bucks for Gaia.
Crosstitch is debatable, at least, to me. I like that there's more user designs with that new shop, but it takes away from other shops getting updates, or they do get a double shop update when crosstitch comes out, it's really small compared to a more normal sized update we'd usually get.

Important for AVATARS. Come on, I've seen avatars made with only CS items and they look really gaudy. Anyway, you can buy GS items with cash if you're short on gold. Some people would, the higher end items are somewhat expensive.

Mega Noob

Checkered bikini. That's all I need to say.

Because no other rig item/chance item has ever come close to this gold shop beauty. xd

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
I've recently started dipping my toe into the Dressing Room subforum of Avatar Talk and I am always astonished- astonished, I tell you- when people who ask for inventory tekteks are lacking some of what I consider to be the most basic of Gold Shop items.

Bar earrings?
    None.
    Peasant gloves?
    Nowhere to be found.
    Socks?
    Zilch.
    Bracelets?
    Nadda.
    Tights or leggings?
    NO.

But oh, they have three of whatever the latest and most popular RIG item is so, you know, work with that. And I'm just like: gonk . Now, I'm not ragging on RIGs, I love the little buggers, but I'm a woman who freakin' loves her some accessories and they just don't get more versatile than Gold Shop items.

Sparkly Conversationalist

I like gold shop items, mostly because they come in multiple colors and are affordable. I wouldn't say that they are a good gold sink though; nothing in there costs a lot, and few people buy a lot of items from there.

I'm always looking for more accessories and cardigans.

Witty Smoker

Pen 7
Easily-Amused89
I wish they would update more. crying i mean i know it is alot of work. but i have to say. iSTILL wish they would update more. XD
I'm surprised that people want more updates to the gold shops. I mean, the stuff out the cash shop is so much nicer looking, by far, you'd think there be no contest between which has the better items and should get more updates.
well as u say cash shop items are better. But i find that gold shop items are usually the best as substitutes and are the best finishing touch items. Like glasses or jewelry. I know i dont like paying 500k for earrings when i can get 300g earrings that work just as well. Not to mention a lot of the items are waay cheaper.

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
I love the gold shops, i use a lot non gold shop items sometimes other time's i like to balance it out. but sometimes you just need something to finish an avi off without spending tons and usually I can find that item in the shops. I have come to love the crosstitch shop ever since the hat update, I wound up buying all the versions of that lady captains hat i love it heart it does need to get updated some more though

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I love the gold shops! They never skyrocket in price whee

Gracious Prophet

17,925 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Battery 500
Still waiting for my basic princess disney set.

I think the high elf stuff with the hoods and junk are my favorite, also theres a lot of jewelry I like too. I like the Gold mystic chest jewels and the Vaddanam belt jewels

Dainty Kitten

21,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Noble Shade 100
When I'm bored I try to make avis using only gold shop items. It's fun. whee

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Slick Southpaw
Cowboy scruff, fav gold item, hands down cool

I swear by that item when I'm making human male avatars. It certainly is the tits.

Feisty Investigator

28,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I would have to say Barton Jewelers is my favorite and most frequented shop. I really like most of the accessories that comer from there.Also, Agatha is one of my favorite NPC, and I find her Halloween costumes amusing when it's time for the Halloween event.I would also say that my favorite store items is the Silver pince nez I also wear em

Fluffy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
Do you shopthe shops? yes i do
Favorite shop item? - belts and skirts i have too many that i like >.>
Do you think the shops serve as a consistent gold sink, with how they're only updated once a month? -sure i usually end up buying most of the new items
Do you think there need to be any more shops added? -no it will be too much work that is not really worth it
Are shop updates useful or useless? -useful ,those items a simply gold not money biggrin
What kind of new shops catering to a specific theme would you want to see, that we don't have already? hmm dunno we have almost everything (some wallpapers for the avatar would be nice too XD)
Do you have a favorite shop? yes
Do you like that shop for the theme or the NPC? i like it for the items there are in it biggrin but i love the NPC too redface
Are there enough shop items to keep you satisfied until the next shop update? no, there would be never enough
Should there be more shop items, per month? Less? as they come its good so i am happy with what we have
What theme and items do you want to see in the shops? i would like to see some more game items and shoes
How do you feel about Crosstitch? I LOVE IT
Have you entered any of the design contests? yeah
What do you think of the Crosstitch limitation rules? there is a reason for it
What theme would you choose for the next Crosstitch contest? summer, sea creations , ice sculptures, history in a chocolade world? dunno there is too many things that can be added
What do you think about dernier*Cri? not worth it but we need items like that to lower the gold income in the system....i wish they were with more poses
Do you think it serves as a consistent gold sink?-sure as much as alchemy XD

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Do you shop the shops?
Yes

Favorite shop item?
It's probably Teal Happy Frog Umbrella, even though I don't use it very often. It's pretty! 3nodding

Do you think the shops serve as a consistent gold sink, with how they're only updated once a month?
I don't know what a gold sink is.

Do you think there need to be any more shops added?
I would be happy with more, but it's not required.

Are shop updates useful or useless?
Useful! I love gold shop items.

What kind of new shops catering to a specific theme would you want to see, that we don't have already?
Maybe a shop for specifically masculine items.

Do you have a favorite shop?
I love Nicolae's shop even though I don't shop there. I love his funny comments emotion_kirakira

Do you like that shop for the theme or the NPC?
Yeah, sure.

Are there enough shop items to keep you satisfied until the next shop update?
Pretty much.

Should there be more shop items, per month? Less?
It's fine the way it is, I guess.

What theme and items do you want to see in the shops?
I want better shoes, pants, and skirts.

How do you feel about Crosstitch?
One of my favorite shops! Most of my gold shop items are from Crosstitch.

Have you entered any of the design contests?
No.

What do you think of the Crosstitch limitation rules?
I don't care.

What theme would you choose for the next Crosstitch contest?
I don't know. Haha

What do you think about dernier*Cri?
Absurdly expensive but I love Brennivin

Do you shop there?
No, but I like to stare lovingly at the beautiful items.

should items there be less expensive or more expensive?
I don't think they should be anything. They just are.

Do you think it serves as a consistent gold sink?
???

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I wish gold shops updated more often, especially considering how many Cash Shop updates we get every month. I don't consider CrosStitch itself an actual gold shop, but more a specialty shop like D*C. I've entered one past CS contest which I didn't win, and I've entered the current one which I obviously hope to win.

I think GS are a good gold sink. I have a lot of items I love from there. I think my favorites are the G-LOL sets, and the Milady skirts. I would really love it if the items with metallic accents were done in silver as much as they are in gold, I'm one of those people who just doesn't like gold. The recent Oberon/Titania update was such a let down because of this.

Big Bunny

✦they're the ******** best
almost everything i "need" is in there
excluding good make up (though that is still in there too)
other than that its not missing anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces