Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Gold shop is my most reliable source of pants that don't squish down my legs or give me attached foot mods that shrink my feet down to Fire Emblem size.

Although I always HOPE for more pants in Cash Shop releases that don't give me hideous leg mods, it seems the gold shops are still the most reliable place for great-looking pants that, you know, actually let me match whatever shoes and boots I want with them, too.

fxxkin demon

The Gold shop is where I get Sals' basics such as the are. However we seem to be lacking in many items I thought we had. For example I wanted to dress up as my beloved Captain Slow but we don't have rugby jumpers. Boo.

I mostly shop from H&R, Gambio Outfitters and Durem Depot. I think I have nearly every piece of the juvenile delinquent set. I love them.

Devoted Loiterer

Easily-Amused89
I wish they would update more. crying i mean i know it is alot of work. but i have to say. iSTILL wish they would update more. XD
I'm surprised that people want more updates to the gold shops. I mean, the stuff out the cash shop is so much nicer looking, by far, you'd think there be no contest between which has the better items and should get more updates.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
I love the gold shops, LOVE THEM
multiple colors of items available and shopping sprees and updates with a bunch of new stuff to choose from!!! emotion_c8
gold shop day is my favorite day ok

Buttercup Cafe is my favorite, i buy a lotta treats and flowers there

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I love the gold shops. They're just as important as cash items, perhaps even more so. We've been getting a lot of amazing items lately, they're so high quality!

My favorite shop is Durem Depot and my favorite items are the Dark Elf corsets. c:

I really like CrossStitch. The creativity of this community is refreshing. The items don't follow site trends and they look great.

Devoted Loiterer

Belethiel
I love the gold shops. They're just as important as cash items, perhaps even more so. We've been getting a lot of amazing items lately, they're so high quality!

My favorite shop is Durem Depot and my favorite items are the Dark Elf corsets. c:

I really like CrossStitch. The creativity of this community is refreshing. The items don't follow site trends and they look great.
gold shop items just as important as cash shop items? are you high? Seriously.
There's no way in hell anyonee would agree with that. They're important, maybe, and even that's debatable, but not more important than cs items, anyone can plainly see and agree, since they don't make the bucks for Gaia.
Crosstitch is debatable, at least, to me. I like that there's more user designs with that new shop, but it takes away from other shops getting updates, or they do get a double shop update when crosstitch comes out, it's really small compared to a more normal sized update we'd usually get.

Rare

Nice "discussion" points.

Anyway I guess I like really old grungy stuff from the gold shops. There are some really weird colors from way back when.

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
I love the gold shops and look forward to the updates. Yes, some of us think the gold shops are just as important. I spend waaay more in the gold shops than I do in the cash shops- and there's still so much stuff I want from the gold shops. lol Don't know if I have a favourite shop, though I do tend to frequent H&R, Barton Boutique, and Ruby's Rack. I shop at most of the stores, but those three tend to have the items that I look for. The cash shops often have some nice fantasy pieces, but the gold shops are great for adding that last little touch or just looking "normal". You can make some really nice avatars with just gold shop items, and you're often going to find plenty that matches with whatever theme or color scheme you're going for.

Devoted Loiterer

Sir Black Tea
Nice "discussion" points.

Anyway I guess I like really old grungy stuff from the gold shops. There are some really weird colors from way back when.
hey, they're being discussed, aren't they? why write out an essay when you can hand out the bullet points and save everyone time?
the colors from the old grungy stuff are more faded and just weird, in my opinion. Black isn't really black and there's weird tints. Older stuff just seems like a train wreck. But at least someone likes it. Got a favorite oldie item?

Rare

Pen 7
hey, they're being discussed, aren't they? why write out an essay when you can hand out the bullet points and save everyone time?

Because it makes you look lazy and turns a opportunity for conversation into a survey.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I rarely shop in gold shops. I think I might own maybe 20 gold shop items. Its mainly jewelry.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The majority of my outfits both on my main and on my mules are mostly GS items. Because they're inexpensive and there's a broader range of colour as well as theme. GS items tend to be really versatile and can be worked into many styles of avatar, like fantasy, real life, historical, etc. Not saying that CS items aren't versatile, but usually rig and bundle items stick really tightly to their theme and I personally find it difficult to use much other than their hair in realistic avatars.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
...people think cash items look nicer? Maybe that's true of a lot of the really old GS stuff, but the newer stuff is at least as good as Cash shop stuff, it's just less complicated and you don't get a million poses in a single item. But for instance, I used to use the Warrior of the North boots all the time, and now I just use Wayfarer boots instead because I genuinely think they look better.

I also hate leg mods with a passion so I nearly always end up in gold shop pants.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I look at the shops and browse when I see there is an update.
Most aren't really my thing.. I can't even remember the last few. I
only remember that Regency one? I didn't like that at all, not a fan
of that style of clothing xd

I think I'm one of the people who just don't care about gold shops.
Sure, they're there and they stock some useful items. But for the
most part, nothing on my avatars are gold shop items. I do like my
black sequin bikini tops/bottoms and the black strapless bra though.
XD

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Sugary Sweetheart

i love the shops! i really appreciate the monthly updates. i definitely feel shops are important.
    i looove the store Crosstitch. their items are great and super unique. i'm so impressed by how creative Gaians are!

you mentioned Dernier*Cri, their items are rather nice. the Merlin Hat and Chandelier Gown are soo gorgeous. i also loved the Butterfly dress, but it isn't in the store at the moment. D:
    i don't really understand the appeal of the Jamballon, it is cute and the pixeling is great, but it is NOT worth 1 mil. it's just a balloon!
    same for the Cottontail Silk Rose. yes the hidden bunnies are cute but it is NOT worth that much.
    i don't know if i'd ever shop there..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces