Kitty
and might I add she is amazing at the file size checking! wink

User Image

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ive been to the detention center, but only because there used to be a link of hidden things/features and stuff in Gaia xD

Ive never had anything disabled, like a good girl. 8D /kicks a baby Diedrich

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Milk Kittea
User Image
I didn't even know the Detention Center existed. o_O That's kinda cute... in a scary way.
(Anything to do with getting in trouble in school makes me nervous. I was a goody goody.)

I got very nicely warned once by a mod for having a sig file size too big. Whoops!
It was only over by, like, 10 bytes or something silly like that.
I just decreased the quality a tad to get it within the limit. Easy peasy.
Still, hearing from a mod about something I was doing "wrong" put me on edge.
Ever since then, I make sure every sig is within the limits. Lesson learned! User Image

wow that's annoying.
10 bytes, geeze.

you'd think people have better things to do with their time than report sigs only 10 bytes over the limit eek

Romantic Lover

Existential Existence
Milk Kittea
User Image
I didn't even know the Detention Center existed. o_O That's kinda cute... in a scary way.
(Anything to do with getting in trouble in school makes me nervous. I was a goody goody.)

I got very nicely warned once by a mod for having a sig file size too big. Whoops!
Ever since then, I make sure every sig is within the limits. Lesson learned! User Image

wow that's annoying.
10 bytes, geeze.

you'd think people have better things to do with their time than report sigs only 10 bytes over the limit eek
Actually if you're looking to be a mod, you report any violation you see. When you're actually looking for them, its crazy how many violations there are.

Santiago-kun's Girlfriend

Edgiest Sweetheart

51,940 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Wow... Wha?
I've been warned a couple of times but not like this. I usually find my way out by making my sig into the 100k-ish, so I don't have to get charged. lol

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

Haven't gotten my sig disabled since 07. I've been very careful since then and right click everything, then write out all the pixel width, length and byte numbers on paper and do addition math for the total bytes and pixels.

I always double check. My sig has been disabled maybe two, three times max since I joined, which is including all of my 20+ accounts that I made since 04.

I try to keep within the rules at all times, but yeah I'm human and have received PM warnings on posts I've made in the past.

*Pets account*

My preciousss...

I only had one account years ago perma-banned for trolling...it was my 'be a rebel and spam the forums namedropping people and spam profiles with LONG bump comments' phase. NEVER AGAIN, I could kick my noob self for such stupidity.

It was intentionally made for trolling so the most I lost was 1k and starter items.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
I've never had anything disabled. It's relatively recent that I started checking file sizes and such, but I've always had nice people warn me that my sig is too big...

Beloved Nerd

Mio_Mikata
emotion_donotwant i got charged 10k to reenable my sig...

Since then i cut quality of my sigs a bunch just to be certain. glad it's not so much anymore (or maybe it increases in value?)

I believe it increases in value. By the tens or....Whatnot.
First violation is probably 10g, then next is 100g, then next is 1000 gold...
I think my next violation will be the 10,000g mark? sweatdrop

I've had my sig being disabled for a few bytes before :/
Not too sure if emotes count as part of the "100k byte" limit but...I take those into account anyways - _- They are really vague about the whole 100k byte thing.
I mean, do words in my sig take up bytes?! Do they count toward the 100k byte limit?...

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I got my sig disabled before for being over the byte limit. But it was by about 500b. - -; I only had to pay I think 1000g to reenable it in the detention centre. lol.

...And yes, I can still see Heaven too. Not that I ever really use that forum.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

...slow learner. I think I'm either up to 10k or 100k in infractions for file sizes.
Mostly because I'm stupid and forget to check, though I did win a case about the appropriateness of my siggy once.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
User Image
1.) Have you ever been to the Detention Center on Gaia before?

Yup cat_3nodding

2.) What fee did you pay and what was the infraction?

I'd prefer not to speak about the "costs" cat_sweatdrop

3.) Even if you didn't go before, have you ever get contacted by mods or forum assistants for small infractions?

Sadly, yes, but it has been quite time since my last one cat_rolleyes

4.) What have you learned? Are you making anything to prevent yourself from doing that bonehead move again?

Well, for starters, I'm not telling people how sh!tty the PSP/PS Vita is anymore (aka not posting in the Entertainment forum) or how the Zodiacal is an overrated, overpriced, and highly inaccurate piece of filth... Beyond that, no, nothing really... Oh, ja, one other thing: my signature "size" only seems to bother certain mods, because the same mods of certain forums are always the ones reporting them... How coincidinky cat_rolleyes

Tiny Alchemist

I got fined the 10 gold once, because I put a link into my signature for a little fighting site, and it was apparently a referral link.

In a relationship with PoshuI

Mistaken Life
Existential Existence
Milk Kittea
User Image

wow that's annoying.
10 bytes, geeze.

Actually if you're looking to be a mod, you report any violation you see. When you're actually looking for them, its crazy how many violations there are.

Yeah if you check the mod requirements, you need a loooot of legit reports. People might not be doing it just to spite you, but trying to rack up enough reports to apply for modship.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I had my sig busted once for and over-sized .gif. Silly me read the info about meeting a maximum dimension requirement, but missed the bit about maximum file size. The 10g wasn't really an issue, but I am now hyper vigilant about what goes in my siggy. I think that the detention system is pretty fair, as if you make newbie mistakes, you're only punished at a level that a newbie could afford, but the compounding certainly discourages repeat offenders.

Some other compounding things are a bit odd. I do have a friend who says that to change his username again is over 500k. He doesn't want to chuck the account and start a new one though, because of the sentimental value- and also if he wanted his current username back, he'd have to pay for the change anyway.

*gets back on topic*

Existential Existence

That 'shovel' is still in detention- really? I do have some questions about what people consider to be offensive content and what is fine on here, but I'm not moderator trained. I must say, that every time I notice your lack of signature, I think of the shovel.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SaikoTaiko
Mio_Mikata
emotion_donotwant i got charged 10k to reenable my sig...

Since then i cut quality of my sigs a bunch just to be certain. glad it's not so much anymore (or maybe it increases in value?)

I believe it increases in value. By the tens or....Whatnot.
First violation is probably 10g, then next is 100g, then next is 1000 gold...
I think my next violation will be the 10,000g mark? sweatdrop

I've had my sig being disabled for a few bytes before :/
Not too sure if emotes count as part of the "100k byte" limit but...I take those into account anyways - _- They are really vague about the whole 100k byte thing.
I mean, do words in my sig take up bytes?! Do they count toward the 100k byte limit?...

It's the image itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces