Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
So, Let me tell you a story, OH I'M GONNA TELL YOU A BIG FAT STORY BAYBEEEHH! (Okay, that was a horrible, HORRIBLE introduction for this thread).

After a loooong day at school, it was the day after spring break, There was no Field (Track and Field for the clueless yutz) because it was raining. So I went home, and hopped on Gaia (to get back on good old procrastination-ville) and I noticed two new messages for me, one said that my signature was disabled for going over the byte limit of 100,000 bytes. How big was that sig size? 661,814 bytes... yes, a GIF of Pauly D doing a "IMMA FIRIN MA LAZERZ... BLUUUUUUUH".

Technically, one should simply check how big the byte is before they step into Mordor. So, I decided to re-enable my signature at the "Gaian Detention Center". I never knew that existed before today, so, it said to re-activate with a small fee of "10". Ten Whaaaat? Gold, I originally thought it was Gaia Cash, but whatever, at least it's small. But it's a ten gold worth remembering. I do stupid things and get reprimanded before, but I never had gotten anything reprimanded and returned before. Now, everything is back to normal.

Link to the Detention Center.

So, Sporks:
1.) Have you ever been to the Detention Center on Gaia before?
2.) What fee did you pay and what was the infraction?
3.) Even if you didn't go before, have you ever get contacted by mods or forum assistants for small infractions?
4.) What have you learned? Are you making anything to prevent yourself from doing that bonehead move again?
I have! They disabled my About in my profile. And it was BS. talk2hand The .gif I had in there didn't strike me as against the T0S at all!

And yet, I can still acess Heaven? What's up with that? Can everyone see that forum?

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Homicidal Orange
I have! They disabled my About in my profile. And it was BS. talk2hand The .gif I had in there didn't strike me as against the T0S at all!

And yet, I can still acess Heaven? What's up with that? Can everyone see that forum?

Not sure about heaven, buuuuuut... I can still access it! Noobs aren't allowed on that forum, so I've heard.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I had an accidentally-slightly-oversized sig get disabled once before but I can't remember a "detention center". I know I had to pay to re-enable it though.

Fun fact: the gold cost goes up for every infraction. If you just screw up on your sig sizing every once in a great while it's not a big deal but if you do it all the time it's going to cost you!

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

I know that way back when, I had to have had so many over-the-limit images in my sig. xd
It was all several years ago, so I quickly grew up and learned some stuff.
I gladly learned how to check file size before I ever got any warnings or got my sig disabled.
So, nope, I've never been sent to the detention center. >w<
I always check my image file sizes before I ever put them in my sig, so I never fear that my sig will be disabled.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I didn't even know the Detention Center existed. o_O That's kinda cute... in a scary way.
(Anything to do with getting in trouble in school makes me nervous. I was a goody goody.)

I got very nicely warned once by a mod for having a sig file size too big. Whoops!
It was only over by, like, 10 bytes or something silly like that.
I just decreased the quality a tad to get it within the limit. Easy peasy.
Still, hearing from a mod about something I was doing "wrong" put me on edge.
Ever since then, I make sure every sig is within the limits. Lesson learned! User Image

Shirtless Fatcat

emotion_donotwant i got charged 10k to reenable my sig...

Since then i cut quality of my sigs a bunch just to be certain. glad it's not so much anymore (or maybe it increases in value?)

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Lazarus Larkin
I had an accidentally-slightly-oversized sig get disabled once before but I can't remember a "detention center". I know I had to pay to re-enable it though.

Fun fact: the gold cost goes up for every infraction. If you just screw up on your sig sizing every once in a great while it's not a big deal but if you do it all the time it's going to cost you!

Interesting! Oh, and nice harem in your avatar, I kind of giggled at it.

Kitten

i've never even heard of a detention center before now. and i've never been warned for anything.

gaia_angelleft i'm an angel gaia_angelright

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Mio_Mikata
emotion_donotwant i got charged 10k to reenable my sig...

Since then i cut quality of my sigs a bunch just to be certain. glad it's not so much anymore (or maybe it increases in value?)

It increases. Every infraction costs more gold.

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
hadrosaurid
i've never even heard of a detention center before now. and i've never been warned for anything.

gaia_angelleft i'm an angel gaia_angelright

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xMichikun's Fav

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
★ Whoaa, I didn't even realize that was there.
I follow rules to a T, so I doubt I'll be looking at it again. XD
★

Deadly Dark Elf

11,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
It just called me a good girl... rofl

Didn't know that was there. Interesting.

fxxkin demon

mmmyep. I had a picture in my signature that was juuuuust over the limit. It was my first infraction so the fee was very low.

Most recently I managed to rack up two warnings on the same day. I got caught responding to a pretty obvious password phisher. I know, I know, report and move on but I got in sort of zone in the CB and was being extra snarky. Oh well, lesson learned. I can still get into Heaven so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Tipsy Lunatic

I think I've gotten my sig disabled once or twice. Once for having a misleading link in it (when that weird zombie site was all the craze) and then probably for oversizing it once.

Though I can't imagine what I had on it that was so big. I never put anything fancy in my signature.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff