Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

I miss getting new shoes.
gonk

Aged Hoarder

I avoid body mods at all costs. My current one is a rare exception.

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
I think the only thing I am really missing the use of is the birthstone shoe clip things. They work a little with SOME leg mods, but not most. They were a nice way to add a splash of needed color at the bottom of you avi

Spoopy Loiterer

I used to not like arm and leg mods at all thinking they were not creative, but now that we have more of them I've seen how well they can be used to create interesting avatars. Now we have avatars that really help define their looks an extra step instead of everyone having the exact same poses all the time.

Also, I think a lot of us can agree that sword poses with the base arms looks ridiculous most of the time. Especially on female avatars where the hands are always open. Now we have awesome poses where people can actually hold things and look like they're using them.

Friendly Member

11,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Koroux
gaia_crown
I actually also do not use leg-mods! most of them look so awkward to me, or awkward unless you use an arm-mod with it (and using both means you've got less of your avatar to dress up! plus it feels lazy to me for some reason. idk)

I will agree that the base legs seem a little clunky at times, but a lot of shoes and boots modify the foot shape, which helps 95% of the time imo.

my biggest issue with leg-mods (other than awkward poses o_e) is the fact that anklets and shoe clips don't layer nicely with them, and some don't clip stockings or skin-mods correctly. I like matching, so I like to get some color down by the feet but it's practically impossible with most leg-mods so I just... don't use them... lol
Something like 90% of the leg mods make your avatar look like it has to pee.

Godlike Ghost

Dino
Something like 90% of the leg mods make your avatar look like it has to pee.
gaia_crown
I wouldn't say 90%, but there are a fair number that do, yes. lol
biggest offenders (that people seem to love, for some reason) are the dragoness and queen of solair sets

but I just meant awkward poses in general, some of them just look bent the wrong way and ugh gonk

Stylish Shoujo

29,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
Never used a leg mod before o-o
I quite like using socks, shoes, and anklets
More decorating ouo

ewrr's Oppa

34,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
          I’m part of the minority because I do not love leg mods. My feelings toward them are similar to my feelings toward inset skirt leggings in real life – while they’re very convenient and nice to have, they’re not an absolute necessity. Picking your own stockings and lower garments is a whole lot more appealing.

I’m probably part of the minority again for missing actual shoe and trouser updates, but we all know Gaia’s completely bent on releasing leg mod after leg mod after recolored leg mod. What a creator and destroyer of dreams.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff